Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 25th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1700600119277.png vs. 1700600127738.png

Premier League Matchweek 13 - Saturday 25th November 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.669/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Sunny Gill
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the ground? CLICK HERE for parking near Bramall Lane

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 20.54.43.png

I know we were pretty much dogshite all over the field today, but have to mention how good Bornmuf were.
Their defense was excellent and snuffed out any half chances (unlike ours), their midfield was quick and fluid and their boys up top are strong, fast and skillful.
We had zero strength and pace up top until McB and Osula came on which was way way too late.
Sadly, there are so many weaknesses in our side it’s impossible to see us surviving.

It took the fans shouting for Doyle to replace Norwood last season. We all know Wes is terrible with a ball at his feet. Just stated the obvious ones. So why the fuck Hecky thinks they would be good enough for the Prem! Yes we don’t have a load of money but surely there’s better players out there for peanuts than those 2. Yes owner needs to sell asap but Hecky has to go immediately.

Well our owner has been too busy tweeting about Al Hilal FC as our game finished so not sure he will have checked our result yet.
Probably can't afford to pay Hecky off even if he had any interest in the team.
Well our owner has been too busy tweeting about Al Hilal FC as our game finished so not sure he will have checked our result yet.

Every other prem league team is fitter, faster, stronger, together, play for each other, pass and move, have a desire to win, have a game plan, Sheffield United not so much 😔

Norwood is only good for cutting up the orange's at half time, but knowing him he will slice them, like his passes

that is shocking officiating. ball hits the ref while blades are in possession & he then allows bournemouth to nick it off us. despite it being our drop ball. I dont like the abuse they get. but referees don't help themselves
They didn’t fuck in nick it….we stood, watched, and let them take off us. Utter, utter shambles

Bogle and Souzan should never put a Blades shirt on ever again, the first half was a total shambles, it was all coming down the left and these two so called Professionals stood and waved at them as they carved us up, the second goal was typical of us...........utter crap..................i was out at 54 mins when the third goal went in and so was 5000 others walking down Shoreham!...........i could go on all night but the players we have bought are poor, very lightweight and just not good enough for the Premiership, i'm just not sure where we go from here..............perhaps someone cam calm me down please and offer me some sensible advice ?

Given the context of the game, that was probably one of the worst performances I've seen from a Blades side.
See my post above, it was THE WORST, outfought, outplayed, no spirit, in fact nothing..............the white flag was waved in the first 5 minutes, credit to Bournemouth they played well and wont be in the relegation battle,

See my post above, it was THE WORST, outfought, outplayed, no spirit, in fact nothing..............the white flag was waved in the first 5 minutes, credit to Bournemouth they played well and wont be in the relegation battle,
Agree we are the worse team in the prem ,Luton,Burnley both look far more lively than us we are static we play the ball out of defence and then hoof it up field with just Archer up there which of course it comes straight back .If we are going to hoof it let the goalie hoof it . Less chance of us losing it in our own half trying to look pretty . Harmer,Archer and McAteer are all good players but in this set up they look awful .Archer on his own up top Harmer out of position and Mac trying to do every thing in mid field on his own . Never seen a Blades team be so negative we seem so nervous when we do try to get over the half way line .

Should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread …

I have some sympathy for the manager.
The players in every position are man-for-man worse than every team we have played so far this season.
He’s had horrific issues with playing injured players too early, so rightly doesn’t start McBurnie or Anel today, even though he knows this side desperately needs McBurnie up front to enable us to do anything.
Wes gives them a goal. Thomas massively contributes to giving them a goal.
In between Hecky had made the right changes at half time, motivated the team to get on the front foot to get back into the game (and they are doing).
Later on he makes the right changes again.

But if you start with a poorer side, and then your players make howling unprofessional individual mistakes (and yes, credit to Wes for his saves - but that was still an abysmal decision), and you’ve got literally nobody you could replace them with, then I feel a bit sorry for you.

It’s possible to get occasional results with a poorer side (see Luton). I’m not saying ‘the manager is doing fine’. The tactics, shape and plan in the first 45 gave Bournemouth the advantage (remembering of course that they’ve got better players, and we couldn’t really start McBurnie and Anel). But I still have some sympathy for him.

Agree we are the worse team in the prem ,Luton,Burnley both look far more lively than us we are static we play the ball out of defence and then hoof it up field with just Archer up there which of course it comes straight back .If we are going to hoof it let the goalie hoof it . Less chance of us losing it in our own half trying to look pretty . Harmer,Archer and McAteer are all good players but in this set up they look awful .Archer on his own up top Harmer out of position and Mac trying to do every thing in mid field on his own . Never seen a Blades team be so negative we seem so nervous when we do try to get over the half way line .
I'm fed up of seeing the hot potato football, nobody has the skill to actually hold the ball and distribute it to give us a chance of starting a move, they actually carved us up today and Bogle and Souza(n) stood and watched them, (if they ever play for us again just keep your eye on them both and watch what they contribute to the team................in fact i'll save you the time.....................absolutely NOTHING

Bogle and Souzan should never put a Blades shirt on ever again, the first half was a total shambles, it was all coming down the left and these two so called Professionals stood and waved at them as they carved us up, the second goal was typical of us...........utter crap..................i was out at 54 mins when the third goal went in and so was 5000 others walking down Shoreham!...........i could go on all night but the players we have bought are poor, very lightweight and just not good enough for the Premiership, i'm just not sure where we go from here..............perhaps someone cam calm me down please and offer me some sensible advice ?
Advice? Have a cup of cocoa & chill out a bit.
I’m not going to defend that awful performance today, by the way.
0-1 at half time & it was all to play for even though we’d been shite.
0-2 thanks to a Wes nightmare & everything’s changed. Knocked the stuffing out of the team & the crowd.
Shout out to the bloke on the Kop who was giving it to Wes right after the goal.
As for that fucking drop-ball shambles that led to their 3rd….. a disgrace at a time when we’d just built the first little bit of momentum in the game.
Awful performance in every respect.

As a coach at the U11 and U13 levels here in the US, I preach first touch control, second and third touch pass all supported by movement into space to support the player with the ball…. Just sat here in my car reflecting on todays game and it dawned on me… we don’t move to support the player on the ball…

That’s what the team should be focused on in practice sessions… all the better teams move constantly….

Toledo

I'm never one for changing coaches or managers and if the business strategic decision is to go down with this team and attempt a comeback next season, leave as is,

If its a business decision to try to stay up, we have to change things now.

This performance is as bad as I have seen in a long time so a decision has to be made at the top as to what the strategic business plan is for the rest of this season and act accordingly.

The stats today are horrendous!

toledo
The business decision to go down was made in the summer.
But if we keep Hecky , I'm not going to be wasting my time watching this shit and I've been a ST holder for years.
We can't go on with his shabby recruitment and lack of tactics/motivation ... and expect to mount a challenge under him next season.
£10m on Souza? £5m on Traore who never plays? Simane who never plays. Crock Tom Davies
No clue how to progress up the field.

it dawned on me… we don’t move to support the player on the ball…

Contrast Norwood winning the ball on half way and looking up, with Bournemouth winning the ball on half way.

Oli was being watched by 9 static folk and 1 defender moving forward a little… Bournemouth broke in number, 4 or 5 driving towards the box or shifting people around. He has to turn back or try and play a daft percentage long one towards a fair static and isolated striker.

I think I moved more going for a piss than two of our midfield did when we had the ball today. Then, due to lack of athleticism, they are also out of position/struggling to recover when it comes back the other way - standing and watching doesn’t even help them with a better starting position when we lose it.

Then people wonder why we end up playing it backwards 🙄

We don’t even try and make space for a throw in taker to have a recipient at the moment.

The business decision to go down was made in the summer.
But if we keep Hecky , I'm not going to be wasting my time watching this shit and I've been a ST holder for years.
We can't go on with his shabby recruitment and lack of tactics/motivation ... and expect to mount a challenge under him next season.
£10m on Souza? £5m on Traore who never plays? Simane who never plays. Crock Tom Davies
No clue how to progress up the field.
It'll be business as usual until enough people say enough of this sxxt ,i'm not going,crowds down will force a change,methinks.

Should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread …

I have some sympathy for the manager.
The players in every position are man-for-man worse than every team we have played so far this season.
He’s had horrific issues with playing injured players too early, so rightly doesn’t start McBurnie or Anel today, even though he knows this side desperately needs McBurnie up front to enable us to do anything.
Wes gives them a goal. Thomas massively contributes to giving them a goal.
In between Hecky had made the right changes at half time, motivated the team to get on the front foot to get back into the game (and they are doing).
Later on he makes the right changes again.

But if you start with a poorer side, and then your players make howling unprofessional individual mistakes (and yes, credit to Wes for his saves - but that was still an abysmal decision), and you’ve got literally nobody you could replace them with, then I feel a bit sorry for you.

It’s possible to get occasional results with a poorer side (see Luton). I’m not saying ‘the manager is doing fine’. The tactics, shape and plan in the first 45 gave Bournemouth the advantage (remembering of course that they’ve got better players, and we couldn’t really start McBurnie and Anel). But I still have some sympathy for him.
He’s dog shit! Couldn’t get the guys up for this match today which was so important to us. Got to go… absolute disgrace today… Bournemouth players were laughing at us today

He’s dog shit! Couldn’t get the guys up for this match today which was so important to us. Got to go… absolute disgrace today… Bournemouth players were laughing at us today
Sorry I said today about a million times in that post! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom