Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Berge looks disinterested, no exposure to the ball. Him and Fleck seemingly ineffective so far, game passing them by...

I’d genuinely forgotten that Fleck was playing. We look like we’ve got holes all over the pitch.

It’s a controversial view, but I don’t like it when McGoldrick has the free role as a third striker; it’s much better when he’s one of a front two. When he’s the third striker, it leaves other players unsure of their role. Are Fleck and Berge meant to be wide or central? It looks like they don’t know. Burke and Mousse - wide or getting in the box? At the moment it’s neither.

I’d genuinely forgotten that Fleck was playing. We look like we’ve got holes all over the pitch.

It’s a controversial view, but I don’t like it when McGoldrick has the free role as a third striker; it’s much better when he’s one of a front two. When he’s the third striker, it leaves other players unsure of their role. Are Fleck and Berge meant to be wide or central? It looks like they don’t know. Burke and Mousse - wide or getting in the box? At the moment it’s neither.
Central, that's why they're being bypassed, I think Jimmy fleck has turned up tonight. Touch like a kerb.

It's so flat we look like a team in free fall... Get berge and ramsdale fucked off to arsenal for 50m before they change their minds

Even before the game the atmosphere around BDTBL was subdued and all a bit meh.

Not sure why. Thought people would be buzzing

Gutted i cant go as stuck in NL with work. Then i see the lucky ones sat there like mutes and loads pissing off for a beer/fag on 39mins. Get behind the lads, its been nearly 2 fkkn years since you could. Jesus christ.

1. We've had no new signings, so we've got a new manager making a formation and tactics around what he has, rather than what he wants.

2. We've had only two pre-season matches, so the players will look rusty and jaded, and they will make mistakes. They probably won't take risks due to potential counter attacks, which they're not fit or sharp enough yet to contend with.

3. There's every chance that mentally the players could lapse with the old "shit, we're losing, here we go again" mindset setting in.

Let's put some perspective into things. Losing today would not be the end of the world. It wouldn't be great but given all of the above it wouldn't be unsurprising. We will probably get off to a slow start, but let's not panic or get carried away.

For what its worth my observations are:

• ozzy isnt a left back, wing back fine but not left back
  • moose and burke dont stay close enough to each other to play as just a front 2, switch to a 3
  • we urgently need a left centre back
  • Fleck isnt a right winger
  • Goldie shouldnt be on the left wing
  • 442 isnt working with these players, round holes square pegs

Well, that was minging. We are playing this like it's one of the pre-season games we didn't have. The team selection is the type you'd make in a friendly too.

Back
Top Bottom