Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I’m looking forward to the novelty of instant goal celebrations instead of a few seconds pause looking at the screen to see if there’s going to be a VAR check.

Then waiting for the replay to watch the goal again and realising there isnt one. :)

Stomach is starting to turn now, nerves are kicking in!

Gutted I’m on holiday. Pissing it down on the south coast, rather be at the lane but divorce isn’t cheap. Coyraww

looking forward to the game. its been a long time coming. not as much as 21st (damn fixture CPU) take nothing from jokanovic as he is a excellent appointment. but their will always be a what couldve been with wilder. as we were in great place & a 1st cup final for 84yrs was extremely realistic

Why have we gone to this stupid format for showing the lineup?
I liked seeing the positions way more aesthetically pleasing

basic 4-3-3? Not sure about the left side of our defence tbqf or 2/3 of our strikeforce, but we'll see.

Why have we gone to this stupid format for showing the lineup?
I liked seeing the positions way more aesthetically pleasing
Because the media team always make up a random formation and put players in bizarre positions. Was quite head scratching at times lol

Looking forward to watching Mousset getting his first brace of the season tonight.

Remember when we used to comment on the opposition bench costing more than our entire squad? £50m on ours today 😮

I am always surprised people question Bash in a back 4. Wilder never seemed to trust him when he switched formations. He has been a Premier League class defender for past two seasons. But what do I know. I suggest this definitely means Jokanovic is pushing for Ben Davies.

There'll always be one fan favourite that a new boss will not take to playing wise. It's too early to say if that casualty is Bash. He is on the bench, it's the first game. A change in formation, tactics was overdue. We looked really tired last season. The line up is as good as can be expected.
We all complain about being stuck with the same formation that wasn't doing well last year without O'connell but no one warned us that changing it would mean loosing Bash 😭

I trigued to.see where mousse plays ,in the friendly he was straight down the middle but I'm hoping him and Burke take up wide positions and let didsy roam

We all complain about being stuck with the same formation that wasn't doing well last year without O'connell but no one warned us that changing it would mean loosing Bash 😭

I mean, every single time we went to 4 at the back he was either subbed off for Sharp or pushed up into midfield

Back
Top Bottom