Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

No, he's handed a transfer request in. Rumour is he was fed up of being pushed around.
That song you'd all sing on a night out,
Down in Brum there is a Motel
Crossroads is it's name
And in this motel they've got a...

... night porter... mechanic... etc and such like.

Ignoring the tv friendly kickoff times we've had over the past 17 months, is this our first Saturday night kickoff?

I think the only possibility is Boxing Day or NYD but I don't recall it happening.

I'm not counting 5.30 kickoffs, of which we've had a few.

Perhaps one for Silent Blade ?

FIRST!!
Fucking av it!

We started a season at Birmingham and lost 1-0 with a last minute goal from Kevin Phillips that ultimately cost us promotion.

They finished the season in 2nd place and we were 3rd, three points behind them with a better goal difference.

Without that goal we would have been level on points and would have gone up!
We also started the 1972/73 season at Birmingham who were newly promoted.
Trevor Hockey scored in a 2-1 win.

Had a dream we spanked Brum and were 3-0 up by halftime. Definitely a dream tho as it included Duffy smashing one into the roof of the net from 12 yards out.

Getting excited now, not quite as excited as Christmas or Oldham away first match in league one, but more excited than I have been for the last 18 months

For anyone the thinking of getting a last minute ticket!

"Fans are politely asked to also note that tickets will not be available after 5pm on Saturday evening, although the ticket office will remain open until half-time for general ticketing enquiries."

I literally have no idea what to expect today. No idea what system we’ll play and no idea what players will play.
But I’m absolutely buzzing to find out!

90 % chance of thunderstorms in Sheffield between 7pm and 9pm Saturday, could be intresting.

Last game I managed to get to was the Bournemouth game at home which feels like a lifetime ago. It cannot be worse weather than that 😂

I’m looking forward to the novelty of instant goal celebrations instead of a few seconds pause looking at the screen to see if there’s going to be a VAR check.
let's hope that there's some goals then ;)

I’m looking forward to the novelty of instant goal celebrations instead of a few seconds pause looking at the screen to see if there’s going to be a VAR check.
Until the lino's flag goes up!

I expect us to start slowly given the pre-season so anything here would be good. 3 points would be very good.

Sheffield United v. Birmingham City best 7-1 in 1923 and 6-0 in 1969.

A bit late but I'm here in spirit...

So here we go again in a season that could well hold very exciting times for us. Tonight with the visit of Birmingham City. With our minimal number of preseason matches, this is certainly no foregone conclusion...

So...

Any team news? :)

Stevens definitely out..

Who will lead the line?

Presumably Berge will play?

Really excited about this match. And whatever happens we can't be more than a point behind 2 of the other favourites...

2 nil Blades. SHARP if he plays or Mousset

UTB

Urgent; I require someone to pinch me shortly before 8pm tonight.

I cannot quite believe after nearly 2 years, we’re f*cking back!!!

The Pig Rob Staton is back for BBC Radio Sheffield,after being run out of BBC Radio Hull,he is i believe doing the radio commentary of the game.

The Pig Rob Staton is back for BBC Radio Sheffield,after being run out of BBC Radio Hull,he is i believe doing the radio commentary of the game.

great. Think he was missed. Merit of a great job that both us and Wendy fans think he supports the rival.

Back
Top Bottom