Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Dunno….I just expected better. Thought we would control the game but we’re not even close. Here’s to a better second half.
I get that mate, so did I, but we need better players & longer time to coach the one's we have away from the poor habits of last season.

I spent the first 45 minutes trying to work out what the formation is having seen just as one instance , Fleck appearing in the left back , right back and all three midfield positions .

There have been several other strange variations involving the likes of Berge and Norwood .

Whatever it may be , it’s clear that the players don’t understand it any more than I do which is both surprising and disappointing despite the fact that we have had a very limited pre season .

I expected better .

Can't understand why a manager of Slavs attacking prowess thinks Burke is a good pick?
me neither .just shows you how poor our strikers are when some one like him gets a start. Just heard the Moose is injured and has to come off. Sounds familiar .

Poor Slav, having to make do with all the shit Wilder bought.
I bet he would love to have £120,000,000 to spend

If Birmingham take the handbrake off they can get 3 or 4 here

We are going to.conceed so many goals from.crosses this season it will be hard to.see us ever winning a game
Every team will sit in and defend knowing all they have to do is loop a couple of crosses into the back post for an easy goal or two

We are going to.conceed so many goals from.crosses this season it will be hard to.see us ever winning a game
Every team will sit in and defend knowing all they have to do is loop a couple of crosses into the back post for an easy goal or two
Ozzy will not be left back all season

Our lack of height is a massive issue. Any ball in the box causes carnage and teams know this. That is why Maxime Colin pushes up everytime. At the other end we would be aswell not even taking corners as we have no threat from set pieces.

Think Slav will be getting his shopping list in to the board, early days tho. Would like to see a bit more desire. Bleeding ell got to be a pen.

where is flipping marking at crosses. are we supposed to be leaving the back post. completely unmarked

Burke has never been effective when we’re losing - the other team sits deep and there’s absolutely no space to make use of his pace.

Back
Top Bottom