Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 11th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617995475068.png v. 1617995483354.png
EPL Week 31 - Sunday 11th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.539/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 20.13.12.png

The only thing Heckinbottom can now do to make this worse is bring on McBurnie.
What a fucking dire piece of boring shit our team is.
Wankers.

Its another one of those games, and I've lost count how many, that I'm saying to myself, I'll give it 10 minutes of the second half and switch it off, when I do do that I'm constantly looking at my phone to see what the score is, so either way its fucking painful, but at least when I don't watch it I just assume were shit.

Playing out from the back, different from before, I'll give you that, but no point when your midfield have no interest in taking the ball.

Lundstram, I think I noticed him pass forward twice maybe? Other than that his usual disinterested self. I don't care about this there is no-one else bs, play Ndiaye or Grant or whoever, start them, if they have a 'mare take them off at halftime and put that waste of space on then if you really must!!

Burke, why? Brewster needs game time, he should be first outfield player on the teamsheet for me until this shit season finally keels over into a shit-pie for good!

Lads are trying, had more of the ball in that half of football than most this season, some of you have awful memories or maybe you love constant hoof bollocks. So Many games we have had 30% possession or less. Today is a marked improvement in terms of passing. We've done nothing with the ball, agreed. But this doesnt even register close to the worst performances this season.

If you lot want shit hoofball then league 1/2 would do you better. No one plays like that in the prem/top european leagues for a reason. It requires little skill to smash a ball long into the channels to chase, or to punt it up for a big man to flick. I think some of the lads have shown more confidence on the ball today than i have seen for a while. We were so bad when Wilder left, it will take a while for any change to happen and I have seen glipses today of a team who arent as scared of the ball.

Good performance today. Well over half an hour into the game before we conceded.

The future is bright. The future is red and white.

This is poor but their have been plenty worse this season....a lot worse

You're right that players have been worse. Giving the ball away more. Making more mistakes. But the team hasn't. We literally have tried to keep it as close to our box as possible then launch it up to no one. We only went forward a couple of times. We spent the rest with players being wherever they felt like being. Egan would charge upfront. McGoldrick drop into the back four. It's basically like they've given up on playing in a system. Any system and just doing whatever they feel like at any time.

Fleck has been abysmal. No urgency or drive just looks to off load and out team mates in trouble every time.

Feel for Osborne having Fleck and Stevens near him!

At least Stevens is trying. He might be rubbish but he's putting the effort in. Fleck looks like he's been on a session all game.

It's fine passing round the back if the end result is a decent pass to midfield and quickly moving wide or through ball. Pissing about at the back and then aimlessly pumping it forward complete waste of time might as well go route 1 straight away. Get Lundstram off and never play him again (defended him round xmas time - I must have been sniffing glue, complete cockwomble).
Play 3 upfront, flat back 4 and fuck the midfield off.

Complete lack of urgency 1st half.

May as well put PH back into the U23s and get rid of tindall and not bother with a manager until the end of the season.

Its just embarrassing. Commentator begging we don’t pass it backwards 😂 and then Norwoods cross hitting the side netting in the space of 10 seconds.

Complete lack of urgency 1st half.

May as well put PH back into the U23s and get rid of tindall and not bother with a manager until the end of the season.
I really think someone like Billy Sharp could get more out of this lot than these clowns. In fact, I don't think I could do any worse.

Ollie Norwood playing in new Adidas quality street tin predators

How the hell can we change the manager and backroom staff and literally the same tactics and personal remain. Something fishy going on here.

It's pretty laughable when you think that we are in course to being the 2nd worse top division ever but still cling to the same tactics for 95% of the minutes played
Absolutely agree. The definition of madness and all that. Apparently Hecky still talks to Wilder, maybe they’ve agreed not change anything because it might look Wilder look a cunt....? It just doesn’t make any sense. Either way fuck the Barnsley Oik off sharpish back to the U23’s as he’s too much of a lightweight for the first team.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm more interested in the Beerschot v KVO game tonight in which Beerschot are leading 1-0.

It's fine passing round the back if the end result is a decent pass to midfield and quickly moving wide or through ball. Pissing about at the back and then aimlessly pumping it forward complete waste of time might as well go route 1 straight away. Get Lundstram off and never play him again (defended him round xmas time - I must have been sniffing glue, complete cockwomble).
Play 3 upfront, flat back 4 and fuck the midfield off.
Second half, We’re playing 4-4-2 with Osborn in midfield! At least it’s a different approach.

Be honest, how many of you are waiting for arsenal's second so you can go and do something else?

Every side in the division have a team of players that can make progression with the ball at feet, that includes Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton and WBA we however, have a team of players that check back, swivel, look, turn and play sideways or play a forward ball too hard to be able to control closely.

Make a fucking substitution. No difference so fucking change it

Back
Top Bottom