Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 11th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617995475068.png v. 1617995483354.png
EPL Week 31 - Sunday 11th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.539/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 20.13.12.png

Looks like no-one cares Foxy.

What's left to say, another loss, still no news on manager recruitment, to many injuries, Lundstrum starting again cos it's an easy choice, even though it's the wrong choice, Brewster not starting, blah blah blah.

Still hope we win.

I just pray we start Brewster. Probably won't even watch it if we don't.
Call yourself a fan? Only watch if we're winning eh? Yep there's always Meadowhall (yawn) .....

Mind watching the same mindless crap match after match can be a tad wearing I agree.

Call yourself a fan? Only watch if we're winning eh? Yep there's always Meadowhall (yawn) .....

Mind watching the same mindless crap match after match can be a tad wearing I agree.
I think trawling all over the bloody country back in our lowest days gives me some leeway. Maybe.
Genuinely though I guess my head is in the same. place as most of the players.. I just want this shit show over.

I think trawling all over the bloody country back in our lowest days gives me some leeway. Maybe.
Genuinely though I guess my head is in the same. place as most of the players.. I just want this shit show over.
True.

I will happily watch United at all times, I don't even care if they lose and this relegation is fully deserved. All I want back is a bit of effort and entertainment, if they aren't even going to give me that, what's the point in wasting 90 minutes.

What's left to say, another loss, still no news on manager recruitment, to many injuries, Lundstrum starting again cos it's an easy choice, even though it's the wrong choice, Brewster not starting, blah blah blah.

Still hope we win.
Probably true. I'd love to see one of the U23 lads start. I mean, what have we got to lose now?
Trouble is In don't think PH has the bottle to take charge and be radical. He's rather carry on losing safely than take a gamble.

Maybe I start a poll? Play Ndiaye and Maguire and naybe lose by 4 or stick with Wilder's pick and lose by 1?

Match Preview with Robbie from Arsenal fan TV LIVE at 5:30pm be great if you can join us

An Arsenal fan of my acquaintance told me today he thought it would be a draw.

I told him he had nothing to worry about.

If Lundstram plays I will be less than pleased, but he probably will because Heckingbottom is a spineless loser.

Probably true. I'd love to see one of the U23 lads start. I mean, what have we got to lose now?
Trouble is In don't think PH has the bottle to take charge and be radical. He's rather carry on losing safely than take a gamble.

Maybe I start a poll? Play Ndiaye and Maguire and naybe lose by 4 or stick with Wilder's pick and lose by 1?
I'd give Kyron Gordon a game, what do we have to lose, and he deserves it after his efforts.

i need to get back in a stadium next season, cant be too soon. this so unusually detached. yesterday i knew we played at 7pm. i couldnt tell you if it was Saturday or Sunday

also its a shame that there is no crowd. because the best part of playing arsenal is how easily intimidated they are. im pretty sure they gave up oct 2019. because if they had no fight

They are there for the taking if we could only muster not to self destruct for once.

No Aubameyang, Smith-Rowe, Odegaard, Tierney.

Short on confidence and sandwiched between two key European games.

It would be nice if we could get Norwich's total.

I'm not kidding myself that we are on the cusp of a great escape but they doesn't mean on its merits we can't win the occasional game.

I can only see a loss here. What I want is a good performance and a goal. I'm not expecting miracles with what we've got but we need to be at least competitive by the end of the season.

No fight , no spirit, no chance... I don’t like losing but as long as we do so fighting ... which we don’t ... I will have the game in in the background and nothing more.

John Lundstram - perfectly sums everything wrong with our club at the minute. Should have Ben dropped the minute he got Billy big time and never seen again.

Since Wilders departure I’ve eagerly awaited the team sheet an hour before kick off, I’ve waited to see what changes to the system and personnel PH would implement. Unfortunately it seems that PH... although very well spoken and clearly knowledgeable... is unfortunately reluctant to try anything new. Whether he genuinely believes it’s the best thing to do or he’s simply just playing it safe I don’t know. If my fellow Blades are anything like me, I don’t think anyone would get upset with us losing if that loss came at the expense of a change of tact. Would love to see the team sheet and be pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of say Ndiaye, Brunt and Brooks.
This will probably be too much to ask for so I’d settle for Lunny being dropped and Brewster starting. With 8 games to go we need to focus on next season. Lunny won’t be here and a goal or two for Brewster will do him the World of good!
Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Ampadu
Bogle Norwood Fleck Osborn
Ndiaye
Didzy Brewster

Back
Top Bottom