Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 11th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617995475068.png v. 1617995483354.png
EPL Week 31 - Sunday 11th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.539/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 20.13.12.png

I feel like its de ja vou again....

• same sideways passing
  • Lunny and Norwood missing
  • Stevens no confidence bad passing
  • 2 strikers with no service
  • Rammers has the hightest passing and possesion %
  • wont bring any of the youth on via subs

After the game:

• thought we played well
  • its not the tactics
  • Arsenal are a quality team
  • we controlled large parts of the game
  • we're fighting for it....👀

If its pans out any different to this drop me a line, sadly I doubt i'll get any messages as it same nonsense is playing out again.

Debating whether to put the kids to bed. I would love to see us have a go second half even if we get mullered on the break. Sadly a meek 1 0 seems on the cards.
Maybe the plan is for arsenal to actually doze off and hopefully get an equaliser.

How the hell can we change the manager and backroom staff and literally the same tactics and personal remain. Something fishy going on here.

It's pretty laughable when you think that we are in course to being the 2nd worse top division ever but still cling to the same tactics for 95% of the minutes played

Whilst relegation is imminent, it is not yet official and they should be fighting every single match to try and change it.

Titting about with it around the box is just letting Arsenal catch their breath after their attack. The moment Rammers makes even a slight attempt to get it over the halfway line, he gets it back within about 4 passes!

One of the most abject halves of football I've ever seen us play.

League 2 standard, if that. What's with this slow and ponderous passing it further and further back before Ramsdale hoofs it to the Arsenal CBs? Is it some kind of protest? It's certainly not football. The team are totally disorganised. No one if tracking, marking, pressing or closing anyone down. Ampadu and Egan only two who look like they know what they're doing. Ramsdale is a very lucky lad.

It's a shame we can't just sack all the midfield on the spot and whatever Oliver Burke is playing it's not football. I've put more effort into a shit than he has put in this half.

What's this shitty tippy/tappy stuff from the back? Heart in mouth time almost everytime.
Crazy isn't it. Arsenal are very good if you allow them to play, however get in their faces and be physical and it's a different game.

One of the most abject halves of football I've ever seen us play.

League 2 standard, if that. What's with this slow and ponderous passing it further and further back before Ramsdale hoofs it to the Arsenal CBs? Is it some kind of protest? It's certainly not football. The team are totally disorganised. No one if tracking, marking, pressing or closing anyone down. Ampadu and Egan only two who look like they know what they're doing. Ramsdale is a very lucky lad.
This is poor but their have been plenty worse this season....a lot worse

When even Ben Osborn isn't putting 100% in, you know there's summat up

PH needs to be asked after the games just what he’s hoping to achieve

We’ve seen that 80% of our games with this personnel and this formation end in defeat. Honestly what does he think is magically going to change? Why is he persisting. It’s an embarrassment

What a complete sack of shit, every week I'm shocked at how shocked I am, I'm not a football manager but how the hell cant heckingbottom and wilder before him see what I'm seeing, the formation isnt working, the tactics aren't working and the freaking players arent working.

Can barely be bothered posting thoughts as same as every game.

Midfield non existent, Osborn only one trying to make something happen but lacks the obvious quality.

Is it just me or does Burke look like gained a few and not as quick?

Any chance we can put a string of passes together in the attacking half of the pitch please. Don’t need a COVID travel pass to go there yet I’m told.

Mission accomplished we kept it down to 0-1 with our 0-10 formation!!!

No-one looks interested, no fight, no pride, no passion. Just going through the motions. We may as well pay Tindall off and move Heckingbottom back to the U23's because these players aren't playing for them.

Give Billy and Jags the gig for the remaining games at least they know what it means to wear the red and white stripes. Players should be embarrassed after that 45 minutes.

Its a good job...there's no fans in the ground.

The players would be getting booed.
This reminds me of when a league 1 and draws a PL side in the cup.

We're showing in them far too much respect....as though if we keep the score down then we've done well.

The only positive is that it's been far too easy for Arsenal....they've hardly got out of second gear.

I suspect Arsenal already think they've won....they are very likely to come out in the 2nd half with a poor attitude....it would be typical Arsenal.
If we can raise the tempo and show some desire to score...we can shock them.
Too many United players cruising along playing within themselves. Our midfield has been non existent.
Different game without us lot in there

We've been doing that all season, it passes responsibility for losing the ball onto someone else so these lot are quite happy to do it

Got to respectfully disagree, IMO we haven’t been playing out from the back that short and that deep at the same frequency we have done over the last few games. They were times on here this season when some have said (including myself) we have played too long and to keep it on the deck a bit more, but we seem to have gone completely the other way.

Although this season we haven’t had much territory to play around with, when we lose the ball deep and try to play out passing sideways and backwards with players that as you said are passing the responsibility you might as well lump it away so at least you can push up and reset.

I‘m sure we both agree we are simply not good.

I'll be surprised if I watch another game this season, had enough. Just forfeit every match and call it a day.
North much point is there?! Can’t influence the game, passively watching shite.

Plenty of negative comments about Lunny and Norwood (which I agree with btw) but can anyone tell me what Fleck has done. Seriously I have just checked the BBC website to check if he is actually playing.
Fleck has been abysmal. No urgency or drive just looks to off load and out team mates in trouble every time.

Feel for Osborne having Fleck and Stevens near him!

Back
Top Bottom