Roy Hodgson Put his dukes up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There was a very drunk man stood in front of me at the game who spent a lot of time singing this song on his own...

🎵I'll only say it once
I'll only say it once
Hodgson is a nonce
Hodgson is a nonce🎵

He also kept hitting his pal in the face when he outstretched his arms for a song.

There was a very drunk man stood in front of me at the game who spent a lot of time singing this song on his own...

🎵I'll only say it once
I'll only say it once
Hodgson is a nonce
Hodgson is a nonce🎵

He also kept hitting his pal in the face when he outstretched his arms for a son
I like it. 👍 His pal should have joined in he was clearly giving him the strike up the chorus signal 😁

How did the imterview go?...

Can you tell us about the incident with the Sheffield United lad Roy?.

RH - 'There was nothing in it wheely. The lad is no match for the mighty Woy... I would have given him a wight woyal kick in if he twied it with me'.

🎵I'll only say it once
I'll only say it once
Hodgson is a nonce
Hodgson is a nonce🎵

He also kept hitting his pal in the face when he outstretched his arms for a song.
So he sang it more than once?

🎵I'll only say it once
I'll only say it once
Hodgson is a nonce
Hodgson is a nonce🎵

That’s disgraceful.

To what tune?

He did indeed.

A delightful tune of his own making. If it was based off a song then it's not a song I'd care to listen to 😂
If he did only sing it the once as promised it would fit quite well with “Only You” by Yazoo.

"I'm gonna be watching you, and I don't care where you go, you can fuck off to Tibet, and I shall have men, nutters, from Parkhurst, dressed in Yeti suits, up Everest, with meat cleavers, ready to chop your tarty fucking legs off"

1691879232348.png

I bet that’s the most action Roy’s had with his old tadger in years. I wonder if he got a lazy lob on? To be honest I don’t mind Roy, he comes across as a decent bloke.

Yeah all the vewy best Woy fow a full wecovewy 😉

Seriously though, hope he's OK ❤️

Feel sorry for the guy, maybe it is his age that does it, but can't be healthy for someone his age to be under such stress and criticism. A symptom of society at large or just the change in football (or both) but the ease in which managers like Roy are criticised, ridiculed, openly called to be sacked is not a good look. It seems that every season now, a lot of managers are sacked by media and the process of it seems to be done in a 'fair game' way where there are no rules, no boundaries and no restraint, and nobody calling it out.

I am no snowflake either, but it is an ugly look and perhaps more evidence that football is losing it's soul. Hodgson, Moyes, and previously Steve Bruce; all seemingly decent guys, but under torrents of abuse and ridicule all because they don't conform to the 'modern way of playing football'. In the cases of Roy and Moyes, they both have done decent jobs considering what they walked into. This narrative that has crept in about 'tippy tappy' and 'projects' and 'philosophies' is all just another thing that favours the big clubs who can bring in the elite managers and players to achieve it. Whilst dozens of clubs below fall for the scam and end up bankrupt paying off endless managers in pursuit of 'staying in fashion'.

Feel sorry for the guy, maybe it is his age that does it, but can't be healthy for someone his age to be under such stress and criticism. A symptom of society at large or just the change in football (or both) but the ease in which managers like Roy are criticised, ridiculed, openly called to be sacked is not a good look. It seems that every season now, a lot of managers are sacked by media and the process of it seems to be done in a 'fair game' way where there are no rules, no boundaries and no restraint, and nobody calling it out.

I am no snowflake either, but it is an ugly look and perhaps more evidence that football is losing it's soul. Hodgson, Moyes, and previously Steve Bruce; all seemingly decent guys, but under torrents of abuse and ridicule all because they don't conform to the 'modern way of playing football'. In the cases of Roy and Moyes, they both have done decent jobs considering what they walked into. This narrative that has crept in about 'tippy tappy' and 'projects' and 'philosophies' is all just another thing that favours the big clubs who can bring in the elite managers and players to achieve it. Whilst dozens of clubs below fall for the scam and end up bankrupt paying off endless managers in pursuit of 'staying in fashion'.
Completely agree.

Quick pointer for the Palace owners; your two best players are injured. That’s why your team isn’t performing as well.

Amazing how being without 100m worth of players might impact the outcome of games.

Only sad thing is that the two bleeders managed to be free from injury long enough to beat us! That’s our luck at the moment.

Last edited:
Completely agree.

Quick pointer for the Palace owners; your two best players are injured. That’s why your team isn’t performing as well.

Amazing how being without 100m worth of players might impact the outcome of games.

Only sad thing is that the two bleeders managed to be free from injury long enough to beat us! That’s our luck at the moment.
That's the thing though isn't it, the context is never taken into account. Ever since we have had 24hr TV, News and Sports coverage, we have had to endure the media manufacturing stories to create content. There is always a manager under pressure now, most of it conjured up by the media. Then there is the money side which is killing the game. They say 'money corrupts' and you would have to agree when it comes to football; it is having its heart ripped out by greed, constant need for content, and constant need to create propaganda on how great the PL is and how 'modern' it all is.

Yeah you are having the luck of my team Halifax. If there was no such things as bad luck, we wouldn't get any.

Nice words from Wilder there. The other thing that comes from all this, is that it perpetuates the idea that older people have no value or are automatically 'outdated' or obsolete. There are many times when I am out and you see an old person (who they say feel invisible to many) and you wonder just what roles they have had in life, what they achieved. Many just see a 'doddering old fool'. His illness hasn't really helped of course, but jeez he is 76? and still a manager at the top level competing and historically doing a lot better than some of his counterparts half his age.

Nice words from Wilder there. The other thing that comes from all this, is that it perpetuates the idea that older people have no value or are automatically 'outdated' or obsolete. There are many times when I am out and you see an old person (who they say feel invisible to many) and you wonder just what roles they have had in life, what they achieved. Many just see a 'doddering old fool'. His illness hasn't really helped of course, but jeez he is 76? and still a manager at the top level competing and historically doing a lot better than some of his counterparts half his age.

Back
Top Bottom