Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It looks like they’ve both lost that bit of sharpness. Norwood was never the most mobile but it’s getting worse the older he gets
Norwood is party in for set piece quality, when he arrived and that first season that made a huge difference. But so far he's delivered about two decent corners. Think we had 18 v Birmingham. This needs sorting asap.

It's always always going to be a gamble as he only played 4 games last season. I suspect if he gets fit for January then they'll be other teams interested as he had some decent pedigree prior to injuries. We need someone now to give competition in the midfield, especially as it seems that Slav doesn't fancy Freeman he's not played yet in the two league games. I was one of those that thought Fleck and Norwood would boss it at this level, they may yet, but it seems like the team as a whole that they're struggling to find top form. Still, it's early days.
It's funny but you think back to certain games, and some incident that happens that changes the mindset of a team, sometimes for good and bad, from a refs bad decision or a bad tackle, sometimes it's the turning point,, we are in need of tgat turning point, something that will create some confidence, belief and bring back not just the team spirit but the collective fight.

Norwood is party in for set piece quality, when he arrived and that first season that made a huge difference. But so far he's delivered about two decent corners. Think we had 18 v Birmingham. This needs sorting asap.
His set pieces frustrate life out of me. Berge is 6ft 5. He needs to either get in the box or take the corner of norwood.

Berge is 6ft 5 but he jumps 5ft 6....absolutely nesh in the air....
Just being in the box should do something though, occupy a defender or something. Just stands next to corner taker and thats it. Not. Even like he’s defending a counter

Done my head in this transfer window. Might uninstall everything and find out who we sign at the games

Done my head in this transfer window. Might uninstall everything and find out who we sign at the games

You obviously weren't around when we on the verge of signing -

Kinkladze
This amazing striker from Columbia called Ricard - dodged a bullet there though
One of the Laudrup brothers
Kieron Richardson (who actually had his photo taken and medical sorted before he bolted to Sunderland)

Kinkladze
Kieron Richardson (who actually had his photo taken and medical sorted before he bolted to Sunderland)

Michael Laudrup, I remember that! I'm glad you mentioned it cos that one gets forgotten a lot.

Hamilton Ricard eventually signed for Boro and made his debut against us - he was awful.

Kinkladze
The best saga of recent times was Jerome Sinclair being sat outside the Sheffield Tap whilst his agent decided whether or not he could squeeze a few more quid out of us.

When he broke into side he was every present and a contender for player of the year.
And no I ain’t his dad
You might as fucking well be, spouting bollocks like that 😂😂 he only started 8 of the last 10 games

Kinkladze
I don't remember us linked with one of the Laudrups or Richardson, I do remember Ricard well though. As you say dodged a bullet there!

It's always always going to be a gamble as he only played 4 games last season. I suspect if he gets fit for January then they'll be other teams interested as he had some decent pedigree prior to injuries. We need someone now to give competition in the midfield, especially as it seems that Slav doesn't fancy Freeman he's not played yet in the two league games. I was one of those that thought Fleck and Norwood would boss it at this level, they may yet, but it seems like the team as a whole that they're struggling to find top form. Still, it's early days.
yes i also thought norwood and fleck would dominate midfields at this level and they may still do but in any case its time the pair of em got their acts together and started performing at the level we know they are capable of

You might as fucking well be, spouting bollocks like that 😂😂 he only started 8 of the last 10 games
I mean 10 starts, 8 of which were in the last 10 games...

Is this not closer to 'broke into side and was ever present' than 'anything but a regular'

Far from an expert on the lad. But from what I've read settled into a more natural deeper position (defensive mid/breaking up play), earned his place and played well in a promotion winning side? Hull fans pretty keen on keeping him, usually a good barometer of success? Apart from RND he's done more than any of the other youth players by some margin. Also thought he did well against Donny (admittedly not really a great barometer of ability)

I'm not saying he's the answer, and should and will be aiming for better (i.e the interest in Vieira), but he's likely the only midfielder on our books who can tackle and play the protector role effectively. So wouldn't get rid until we've found our Vieira replacement, as potentially has a role to play in the short term.

Kinkladze
You missed out Gazza and also Raphael Chukwu!

I mean 10 starts, 8 of which were in the last 10 games...

Is this not closer to 'broke into side and was ever present' than 'anything but a regular'

Far from an expert on the lad. But from what I've read settled into a more natural deeper position (defensive mid/breaking up play), earned his place and played well in a promotion winning side? Hull fans pretty keen on keeping him, usually a good barometer of success? Apart from RND he's done more than any of the other youth players by some margin. Also thought he did well against Donny (admittedly not really a great barometer of ability)

I'm not saying he's the answer, and should and will be aiming for better (i.e the interest in Vieira), but he's likely the only midfielder on our books who can tackle and play the protector role effectively. So wouldn't get rid until we've found our Vieira replacement, as potentially has a role to play in the short term.
He’s fucking rubbish

Signing Gazza, Kinkladze and Darren Moore all in the same week under Heath.

We got Marcus Bent.
Gazza before that wasn't it?

Remember the headline on the back of the Sunday paper.

What a pair of cunts McDonald and Green were.

yes i also thought norwood and fleck would dominate midfields at this level and they may still do but in any case its time the pair of em got their acts together and started performing at the level we know they are capable of
Or like I recon, move e'm on, they ain't performed for a good while and I don't see them doing so, to any degree, again.

Back
Top Bottom