Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They're still putting the not signing video together.

Can't make my mind up whether it's worth a press release from the club really, maybe a word from Slav after West Brom but not sure it needs the full twitter/official site etc
We need to start a GoFundMe for the guy who puts the signing videos together.

Based on your alter egos ringing endorsement of Mcburnie I think this statement can be taken with a pinch of salt.
This is a kid who couldn’t make himself a regular at Scunny or Hull. Can’t compare him to a lad who scored 31 in 59 in the championship then a respectable 6 in his first PL season…

Slater is still living off a tackle he made at Ipswich

Failing a medical at the team where Jack Rodwell managed to stay for 2 years must be a massive kick in the teeth for a footballer. He may as well go and buy a mobility scooter now and be done with it.
🤣🤣 good point

Failing a medical at the team where Jack Rodwell managed to stay for 2 years must be a massive kick in the teeth for a footballer. He may as well go and buy a mobility scooter now and be done with it.

Very good.

This is a kid who couldn’t make himself a regular at Scunny or Hull. Can’t compare him to a lad who scored 31 in 59 in the championship then a respectable 6 in his first PL season…

Slater is still living off a tackle he made at Ipswich
He was a regular at Hull he should be making the bench at least

It seems that since the first news of Wilder possibly leaving us, everything has travelled at snails pace since then with some seriously poor planning

Be that:
  • Confirming his actual departure
  • Getting a new manager sorted and then in the door
  • Making no allowances for friendly cancellations by only having 2.5 games lined up (because the first team we played only count as a 0.5)
  • The excruciating wait to get transfers through the door when its been clear since about November last year where our gaps are.
When you have a bad season, its so important to start the new one well. Yes people will quote Wilders start, but we brought in 2 or 3 signings at the end of Aug that added stability to key areas of the team. I really hope we have some more irons in the fire.

It seems that since the first news of Wilder possibly leaving us, everything has travelled at snails pace since then with some seriously poor planning

Be that:
  • Making no allowances for friendly cancellations by only having 2.5 games lined up (because the first team we played only count as a 0.5)
  • The excruciating wait to get transfers through the door when its been clear since about November last year where our gaps are.
When you have a bad season, its so important to start the new one well. Yes people will quote Wilders start, but we brought in 2 or 3 signings at the end of Aug that added stability to key areas of the team. I really hope we have some more irons in the fire.
You missed at least one off your snails pace list…..
  • Scoring a goal
  • winning a game

Be that:
So the club screwed up by delaying the news of Wilders departure, did you ever stop to think that they didn't want him to leave, thought they could talk him out of it like they had done before, and making an official announcement would end that?
Getting a new manager through the door,,you do know it was Slav that wanted to see out his previous contract and not jump ship when the job was offered ( which says a lot about his character)
Lack of friendlies, you are aware that every club has friendly games lined up, how do you get 2/3 teams to agree to a game, if one drops out due to covid, what does the remaining team do?
How long have City been chasing Kane, Arsenal been chasing Ramsdale, Odegaard and Maddison, but yeah it's us being so slow getting anyone and everyone through the door.
By the way if Rammers is eventually sold, will you congratulate the club for being so slow and in negotiations and getting more money?

Last edited:
So the club screwed up by delaying the news of Wilders departure, did you ever stop to think that they didn't want him to leave, thought they could talk him out of it like they had done before, and making an official announcement would end that?
Getting a new manager through the door,,you do know it was Slav that wanted to see out his previous contract and not jump ship when the job was offered ( which says a lot about his character)
Lack of friendlies, you are aware that every club has friendly games lined up, how do you get 2/3 teams to agree to a game, if one drops out due to covid, what does the remaining team do?
How long have City been chasing Kane, Arsenal been chasing Ramsdale, Odegaard and Maddison, but yeah it's us being so slow getting anyone and everyone through the door.
By the way if Rammers is eventually sold, will you congratulate the club for being so slow and in negotiations getting more money?
They "didn't want Wilder to leave", or they didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted to leave? I don't think I've seen another club do what we did ever half way through a season - it was like the hokey kokey.

The announcement for Slav took a long long time, and as for actually having to wait that long to get him into the building - we shall see over the coming months if the gamble in waiting was worth it. At this point in time, given the first 3 games, and lack of squad rebuilding it hasn't. Hope to be proved massively wrong on that one though.

As many people have stated, usually we have 5+ friendlies, and many other teams managed that this year. Then if one drops out like Norwich its not the end of the world.

As for the transfer situation, you are comparing us to Man City who can only sign about 5 players who would strengthen their attack beyond what they already have. Unlike us who have/had gaps in defense, central mid and out wide.

What I really really love about this forum (honest :)) is how people post the biggest negatives they can think of and then either boast about how right they were or when things turn around boast about it was either their or similar comments led to the change or how fantastic it is that they ultra negativity has been proved wrong. And when anyone dares to contradict their negativity they splutter their way around comments to prove how right they are to be negative.

They "didn't want Wilder to leave", or they didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted to leave? I don't think I've seen another club do what we did ever half way through a season - it was like the hokey kokey.

The announcement for Slav took a long long time, and as for actually having to wait that long to get him into the building - we shall see over the coming months if the gamble in waiting was worth it. At this point in time, given the first 3 games, and lack of squad rebuilding it hasn't. Hope to be proved massively wrong on that one though.

As many people have stated, usually we have 5+ friendlies, and many other teams managed that this year. Then if one drops out like Norwich its not the end of the world.

As for the transfer situation, you are comparing us to Man City who can only sign about 5 players who would strengthen their attack beyond what they already have. Unlike us who have/had gaps in defense, central mid and out wide.
Sorry but re Wilder not wanting him to leave and not wanting to pay him what he demanded are 2 different things, please explain how a quick announcement from tge board that he had left, or we would pay X amount, would have had any effect on results?
Given the first 3 games? We have played 2, unless you have a crystal ball and can predict tonight's result, which if we lose, you will blame the club, and Slav again.
What is tge point of pre season games without tge manager or his coaching staff, tge pre season was short Slav wanted the warm weather training trip, the friendly against the Portuguese club was called off over travel restrictions Portugal & Spain, which is why the Gibraltar team was arranged, Norwich cancelled, as for playing more games, it might have something to do with fitness and recovery times and the time to recover, but let's not bother to think about that, just criticise the club

Sorry but re Wilder not wanting him to leave and not wanting to pay him what he demanded are 2 different things, please explain how a quick announcement from tge board that he had left, or we would pay X amount, would have had any effect on results?
Given the first 3 games? We have played 2, unless you have a crystal ball and can predict tonight's result, which if we lose, you will blame the club, and Slav again.
What is tge point of pre season games without tge manager or his coaching staff, tge pre season was short Slav wanted the warm weather training trip, the friendly against the Portuguese club was called off over travel restrictions Portugal & Spain, which is why the Gibraltar team was arranged, Norwich cancelled, as for playing more games, it might have something to do with fitness and recovery times and the time to recover, but let's not bother to think about that, just criticise the club
The amount of times you spelt the 'tge' in this post is impressive 🙂

If we're looking for a tough tackling midfielder sitting in front of the defence I'd be happy with Mo Besic. Free transfer (if he's not already signed for anyone). Not sure what wages he'd be expecting but right now he's earning nothing
😂 blokes not played for a year Ffs

Wasted the summer before a season we probably need to get promoted in or we're fucked. Brilliant

We've played 3 competitive games. A 1-0 win against a league 2 team being the one you missed.

I've not blamed the manager at all, I've questioned the speed at which the whole club has done things when compared to our rivals (especially those that also got relegated).

And given the size of our squad, it would have been easy to have Saturday/Tuesday friendlies for 2 or 3 weeks, as other clubs did and we have in the past. We could play a full different 11 in both of them if we were concerned about recovery times.

He played 27 games making about 10 starts. In League one. Anything but a ‘regular’
Be fair Chabs, he started as a reserve but worked his way into a starting role for them.
I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems either but I'd say he's proven he can perform at a L1 side on the back of that.

We've played 3 competitive games. A 1-0 win against a league 2 team being the one you missed.

I've not blamed the manager at all, I've questioned the speed at which the whole club has done things when compared to our rivals (especially those that also got relegated).

And given the size of our squad, it would have been easy to have Saturday/Tuesday friendlies for 2 or 3 weeks, as other clubs did and we have in the past. We could play a full different 11 in both of them if we were concerned about recovery times.
Not sure playing a different 11 in games gives the manager any benefit that can't be gained on the training pitch.
Please explain regards the speed the club have done things, specifically how they could have done things quicker, all I see is criticism from a number of people, with half hearted we could have done X, or should have done Y, do you honestly think that after Norwich cancelled the people at the club, shrugged their shoulders and didn't explore every option?

To be honest, might not be all bad. Expect to be fit October potentially. Barely played in a while so would mean mid November he would be able to start and finish a match. That would have meant for 2 and a half months we were paying for a player who wouldn’t have been 100%. We get someone else in now and we can always go back in for him in January as we already have all the details sorted and I don’t see the demands changing. That way he should be fit and we aren’t his wages whilst he sits in the physio room

Think John Ebbrell

Think relief

It's a shame but we are not a convalescent home (although Rodwell thought so)
And the thing there was the arguments between physio and management over Ebbrell weren't about his ankle. He had another problem that should have scuppered the deal.

It's always always going to be a gamble as he only played 4 games last season. I suspect if he gets fit for January then they'll be other teams interested as he had some decent pedigree prior to injuries. We need someone now to give competition in the midfield, especially as it seems that Slav doesn't fancy Freeman he's not played yet in the two league games. I was one of those that thought Fleck and Norwood would boss it at this level, they may yet, but it seems like the team as a whole that they're struggling to find top form. Still, it's early days.

It's always always going to be a gamble as he only played 4 games last season. I suspect if he gets fit for January then they'll be other teams interested as he had some decent pedigree prior to injuries. We need someone now to give competition in the midfield, especially as it seems that Slav doesn't fancy Freeman he's not played yet in the two league games. I was one of those that thought Fleck and Norwood would boss it at this level, they may yet, but it seems like the team as a whole that they're struggling to find top form. Still, it's early days.
It looks like they’ve both lost that bit of sharpness. Norwood was never the most mobile but it’s getting worse the older he gets

Back
Top Bottom