Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Has this lad got fit or even played since our interest?
I'd love that Barca lad to join in January but a box to box, energetic, tough tackling, ball winner is still the top of my want list.

Has this lad got fit or even played since our interest?
I'd love that Barca lad to join in January but a box to box, energetic, tough tackling, ball winner is still the top of my want list.

He joined Hellas Verona on loan at the start of the month and they have the option to buy him next summer.

He has played 5 games and scored 1 goal this season in all competitions.

He joined Hellas Verona on loan at the start of the month and they have the option to buy him next summer.

He has played 5 games and scored 1 goal this season in all competitions.
No.. he played for Verona last season and they declined option to buy.

Currently he's still rehabilitating at Sampdoria and hasn't played in ages

As of yesterday, "Albino Ekdal was back while Mikkel Damsgaard and Ronaldo Vieira both continue their recovery programmes"

Screenshot_20211023-152439.png

Just what we need this, another big signing on significant wages that spends all season with the physio team. Dodged a bullet.
Time to look for similar options that are strong, capable and fit.... Aka unicorns!

I hope the kid is back and healthy.... And our interest still remains. A mobile central midfielder is exactly what we are missing.

I hope the kid is back and healthy.... And our interest still remains. A mobile central midfielder is exactly what we are missing.
He has links to Hecky from his time at Leeds but for it to make sense for United it would have to be a deal with low initial outlay in fee and wages with heavy incentives as he just can’t get fit.

He has links to Hecky from his time at Leeds but for it to make sense for United it would have to be a deal with low initial outlay in fee and wages with heavy incentives as he just can’t get fit.

They can have Oli Burke if they like.

If we can structure a deal around performance and the ability for him to stay healthy.... Would be a no brainer imo. Central defending midfielders are a rare find.... Especially one with potential.

If we can structure a deal around performance and the ability for him to stay healthy.... Would be a no brainer imo. Central defending midfielders are a rare find.... Especially one with potential.

More chance of Coulibaly returning in Jan than the Viera deal being resurrected IMHO. That said, there's as much chance of Messi signing in Jan as there is Viera.

Coulibaly has had a poor season with a poor Beershot club he can't make their bench .
I don't know how he will fit into a tough Championship although he won't be expensive.

Coulibaly has had a poor season with a poor Beershot club he can't make their bench .
I don't know how he will fit into a tough Championship although he won't be expensive.
We are hardly overburdened with defensive midfielders are we? Norwood couldn't tackle a fish supper, Hourihane is the hide and seek champion of S2, Fleck coming back from a mystery ailment and been rubbish all season. The only one with anything like the needed skillset is 38 year old Guedioura who is also coming back from injury. Basically we have nothing in this area so anyone who has talent and is match fit is basically a better option than what we have

Maybe he could pay us as that's the only way it would make any sense...

He's injured..

Bump... Hoping this wasnt a Slav only player. Anyone know what is going on with him? Is he still out injured?

I suspect he's way out of our price bracket now
I think we could loan him as we intended and he does have ties to Hecky through his time at Leeds I think. Problem is id guess he was identified as a player to suit Slav’s system

I think we could loan him as we intended and he does have ties to Hecky through his time at Leeds I think. Problem is id guess he was identified as a player to suit Slav’s system
Probably but that's not to say he couldn't work in Heckingbottom's. Put him next to Norwood, Berge or any of our central midfielders and ask him to do the defensive work and the other player's performances would improve. We don't have anyone capable of breaking play up or snuffing out danger.

Probably but that's not to say he couldn't work in Heckingbottom's. Put him next to Norwood, Berge or any of our central midfielders and ask him to do the defensive work and the other player's performances would improve. We don't have anyone capable of breaking play up or snuffing out danger.
I agree our midfield two lacks bite something rotten at the moment and would like to see that type of player added. I just think our transfer approach this window is drastically different to the summer and we seem to have reverted to a decidedly domestic approach.

Back
Top Bottom