Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When Slav and the club have been more or less saying he’s signing for a couple of weeks you’d think there’d be something put out there. I can’t remember Kongolo having this much interest?
Difference with this one is RV has been in the country for a good while isolating so the transfer has been common knowledge in the press for ages.Where as kongolo was a low key transfer at the time for a premier league club.I do think Slav will confirm it maybe Wednesday night or the Huddersfield press conference.

Difference with this one is RV has been in the country for a good while isolating so the transfer has been common knowledge in the press for ages.Where as kongolo was a low key transfer at the time for a premier league club.I do think Slav will confirm it maybe Wednesday night or the Huddersfield press conference.
As I said, I’ve no issues with it, I just found it a tad strange that people are finding out by the Prince private messaging some stranger on Twitter. 😁

Whatever floats your boat mate. 😁

It's not professional, but for people who say he's never there and doesn't give a toss and that we're just something for his portfolio, he's pretty up to date with club happenings.

Also his expressionless photos are hilarious. I think he does it on purpose, like Kimi Raikonnen, as soon as the pictures taken he cracks a smile and lights up a cigar.

What if he's failed but it's not a deal breaker? Any chance that we might try to re-negotiate the terms, etc and take a punt? I'm not really au fait with how nailed on - or off - these things are, so I'm just thinking aloud.

As I said, I’ve no issues with it, I just found it a tad strange that people are finding out by the Prince private messaging some stranger on Twitter. 😁
To be fair .The prince does respond to his DMs on Instagram.Spoken to him a few times on it.Can’t be many owners who speak to the fans like that 😂.

I really hope not. I was hoping that if we sold Rammers or Berge they had someone a bit better lined up. Longstaff is definitely not the answer.
Thing is, a year ago he was heavily in demand. Unfortunate with injuries and Newcastle fans are saying he isn’t playing cause bruce dislikes him. One year left on his contract, if he does well we could possibly get him on a free

Correct me if I’m wrong but Hal is a radio presenter and the other bloke just does the channel

They aren’t sport journalists who actually speak to the agents/people in the clubs

I watch some of there videos and they do a great job but they aren’t ITK

Only 2 hours ago Slav said he’s doing a medical
They have now interviewed quite a few former players. There's no saying that they haven't kept in touch or built a rapport with them.

Maybe an ex-player heard and mentioned to them?

Looks like matty longstaff is the target now
I'd rather just give Slater a go.

I'd also applaud the levelheadedness of the club here. It would have been the easy choice to rush in and announce a signing and be in a John Ebbrell mk 2 situation.

Yes, it's a bit of a pisser but not as much as wasting say 22k per week until Jan on a player we can't use.

Last edited:

I'd also applaud the levelheadedness of the club here. It would have been the easy choice to rush in and announce a signing and be in a John Ebbrell mk 2 situation.

Yes, it's a bit of a pisser but not as much as wasting say 22k per week until Jan on a player we can't use.
Think slater is still injured mate

Think we’d be more pissed off if he signed and then was barely available. However it does make you question why the club were chasing an injured/ unfit player. Who’s decision was that?

Think we’d be more pissed off if he signed and then was barely available. However it does make you question why the club were chasing an injured/ unfit player. Who’s decision was that?
Clubs sign injured players all the time and routine injury normally doesn’t mean you fail a medical it’s the more serious degenerative or potentially degenerative stuff that puts a stop to transfers nowadays. Even then some clubs still take the risk and sometimes that pans out and sometimes it doesn’t.

Moose 👀

Clubs sign injured players all the time and routine injury normally doesn’t mean you fail a medical it’s the more serious degenerative or potentially degenerative stuff that puts a stop to transfers nowadays. Even then some clubs still take the risk and sometimes that pans out and sometimes it doesn’t.
Best to find out now than be committed to paying a player week in week out for nothing.
I think this shows the club is on the ball and not throwing money away.Ebbrell as mentioned before cost us a fortune for 45 minutes .
We were unlucky there as his injury wasnt that serious from all accounts, he got an infection in the joint which somehow finished his career.You have to think of the player also in these situations.

I think alot of the anger is due to the frustration of still needing players through the door.

Let's hope that we have another target quickly identified as time is running out.

Could we have reviewed our terms to Viera and said reduced terms (50% or less of contract) until fit? Unless of course there was a serious problem found. All this is just speculation until something comes out from the club.

As a fan it's frustrating as hell though. Must be even worse for Slav. We need to get bodies through the door sharpish!

Why not let him do his medical in Italy 10 days ago? Instead of making him isolate, just to fail a medical. It puts us 10 days back now.

what I said the other day. Seems to be the norm now at the minute to do it this way. Isn’t Slavs new head of fitness Italian too? Surely could pull a few strings to get it done, that’s taking for granted he actually came directly from Italy mind you

Slater is wank

Back
Top Bottom