CONFIRMED Reda Khadra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Goalie Wag" we used to call it.
Kids calling it "Goalie Rush" got pelters for thinking they were posher than us (they were!).
"Rush Goalie" sounds even posherer 🤣
I seem to remember that there were different rules for Goalie Wag and Goalie Rush but it was 40 odd years ago!
'Goalie Wag' was a nominated goalie who also played as an outfield player. Only he could handle the ball.

'Goalie-when-needed' (council) or 'Rush Goalie' (public school) was where the nearest person to the goal could act as goalie.

Hope we get this lad. He seemed to be a Pantomime Villaine at the Lane, remember hating the f***er at the time but he’s some player. It’s the hope that kills

It's way better for shopping, drinking, eating, parking.

Sheffield City Centre isn't even in the same league.

The Peak District is our unique selling point as a city, but I doubt many youngsters earning £500k - £2m a year give too many shits about that.

I like Sheffield. It's quirky, down to earth and feels like a collection of villages / towns. It doesn't have a modern, fashionable, youthful vibe to it.

The Peak District is our unique selling point as a city, but I doubt many youngsters earning £500k - £2m a year give too many shits about that.

I like Sheffield. It's quirky, down to earth and feels like a collection of villages / towns. It doesn't have a modern, fashionable, youthful vibe to it.

Simon Moore did.

Absolutely spot on.

I love Sheffield and am proud to say where I was born and bred but Leeds City Centre is light years ahead of Sheffield in almost every single way.

Wonder how differently people would view Norwood set pieces when Egan learns how to get a header on target.
I wouldn’t disagree with that either …but his ‘floaty’ corners and generally poorly executed free kicks are also a big problem.

There was a time we always looked dangerous at set pieces.

seriously, he was one of the top 3 players last season with Wes/MGW
Yeah seriously … on his day.. when given the run of the field he can control a game but more often than not recently he either

a) slows our play down too much
B) gets marked out of the game
C) has a ‘bomb scare’ moment leading to a big change for the oppo.

And he’s not mobile enough.

Yes he can ping a Hollywood ball on to a 50p piece but how many does he score or create?

Like I say a big part of our success over the years but he needs phasing out this season.

Shopping definitely, and if you're thinking of traditional 'nightlife' then perhaps.
But around 5 years ago, that all changed with micro-breweries, pop-up bars and other cool stuff.
Just driving down London Road from Abbey Lane you'll see 20-30 pop up bars - establishments that were previously shops, selling beer with chairs on the pavement. Eccy Road has loads, plus some great eateries. Not to mention the absolute explosion of diners, vegan restaurants and street food around Kelham Island - which is fast becoming one of the coolest hotspots in the North, Peddlers Market, small art shops and low key DJ mini nightclubs all over the City.
In the traditional sense of 1990s super dance clubs we are way behind, but I genuinely believe these low-key mini and pop-ups are more interesting and the way kids are going nowadays.
I just wish the Council could get more interested in coming up with innovative ways to use the city centre deadspots - to bring in more art and music, but youngsters can absolutely enjoy a night out around Sheffield.

Kelham Island is getting noticed:

Last edited:

Yeah seriously … on his day.. when given the run of the field he can control a game but more often than not recently he either

Yes he can ping a Hollywood ball on to a 50p piece but how many does he score or create?

Like I say a big part of our success over the years but he needs phasing out this season.

“More often than not recently” this is such a lie, he was absolute class for us as soon as Hecky came in and probably our most consistent performer bar Wes

We are a considerably worse team without him, the only people who don’t rate him are the G/A watchers

People say Norwood is integral etc etc but we've not given him a chance not to be - he's barely missed a game

“More often than not recently” this is such a lie, he was absolute class for us as soon as Hecky came in and probably our most consistent performer bar Wes

We are a considerably worse team without him, the only people who don’t rate him are the G/A watchers
It’s my opinion we either need to recruit a midfield to protect him and create the space he needs or move him on.

We are a worse team without fleck too but that’s because we have no other viable options in the middle of the park to challenge either of them.

I have no idea what G/A watchers means.

People say Norwood is integral etc etc but we've not given him a chance not to be - he's barely missed a game
Agreed … see my other replies we have no viable alternatives in the middle of the park.

Agreed … see my other replies we have no viable alternatives in the middle of the park.
Might have intended to upgrade him with Berge but every time Berge played deeper it was alongside and to the right of Norwood

If we get enough quality attacking options I'd like to see Berge tried further back next to Doyle - for more than 1 game

Hang on.............. maybe Khadra is also a wanker on a bike??

He simply won't refuse the peaks

#AnnounceKhadra

I have no idea what G/A watchers means.

I assume it refers to those whose only metric for rating players is counting goals and assists, and cannot understand how someone like a Kante or, further up the park, Heskey, ever brought any value to their team

Back
Top Bottom