CONFIRMED Reda Khadra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My son, and his mates who went to University there, would beg to differ.

It's the Otley run (Headingly) and not much more, in their opinion.

I've not been for years. It was shite back then, but can't comment today.
Went in after the Huddersfield game last season. It's miles better than sheff.

Big issue though is the bouncers who are 1m% more arseholes than the sheff ones, I know that doesn't sound possible

Born and bred Sheffield but lived in Leeds for around 5 years. There was a time Leeds was miles better than Sheff and maybe the city centre still is for shopping however Leeds hasn’t got an answer to Kelham and Headingley is only on a par with Eccy road and Abbeydale road these days. Chapel Allerton used to be decent but it’s not great any more. Put it this way I’ve got mates from Leeds who can’t wait to visit kelham again.
Anyway back to the footy …get him signed !!!

Might have intended to upgrade him with Berge but every time Berge played deeper it was alongside and to the right of Norwood

If we get enough quality attacking options I'd like to see Berge tried further back next to Doyle - for more than 1 game
I get your point there… but he would also he a big miss as an attacking threat … but if we can a good replacement I don’t see why not.

I assume it refers to those whose only metric for rating players is counting goals and assists, and cannot understand how someone like a Kante or, further up the park, Heskey, ever brought any value to their team

G/A are one crucial indicator …let’s not start comparing Norwood to Kante though.. otherwise we are getting silly

When Norwood doesn’t play well, we don’t.
When Norwood doesn’t play, we don’t.

Whilst correct, I think that's more to do with the way we play than because of how brilliant Norwood is.

When he has a stinker, he's usually giving the ball away in very dangerous areas and putting us on the back foot. He doesn't have the pace to rescue the situation and our wing backs are often further up the field so we end up being badly exposed.

When he plays really well he's a joy to watch and he does get us ticking. I just want those days to be more often. I'm hoping that is what Doyle is here for, to cover some of his weaknesses.

It’s really not

It depends what you class as "Nightlife".

I work in the licensed/hospitality trade and visit 20-40 pubs/bars etc every week covering all of South and West Yorkshire.

Since licensing restrictions (hours) were relaxed years ago the demand for old school nightclubs is virtually non existent nowadays so the quality of a city's offering IMO is based on the quality of their overall licensed premises.

Where city centres are concerned Barnsley, Rotherham, Wakefield and Doncaster are pretty much dying a death. Huddersfield is OK to an extent and Bradford well the less said the better.

That leaves Sheffield and Leeds. If we're talking purely city centre then Leeds is a million times better than Sheffield. It's not even remotely close. Sheffield centre is basically West Street, Division Street and the streets that join the 2. Leeds has multiple areas/streets similar that piss all over them.

The curveball is Kelham Island. Leeds doesn't have anything that similar so if that's your thing then Sheffield probably does feel better. In fact the nearest they get is actually in Morley where the area around the station has started having loads of small independent bars opening up.

The Leeds v Sheffield debate will probably always come up and there will always be an argument one way or the other based on what your personal likes are.

IMHO Liverpool, Newcastle and York piss all over both.

Born and bred Sheffield but lived in Leeds for around 5 years. There was a time Leeds was miles better than Sheff and maybe the city centre still is for shopping however Leeds hasn’t got an answer to Kelham and Headingley is only on a par with Eccy road and Abbeydale road these days. Chapel Allerton used to be decent but it’s not great any more. Put it this way I’ve got mates from Leeds who can’t wait to visit kelham again.
Anyway back to the footy …get him signed !!!

Not sure how long ago you lived there but Headingley pisses all over Eccy Road.

It depends what you class as "Nightlife".

I work in the licensed/hospitality trade and visit 20-40 pubs/bars etc every week covering all of South and West Yorkshire.

Since licensing restrictions (hours) were relaxed years ago the demand for old school nightclubs is virtually non existent nowadays so the quality of a city's offering IMO is based on the quality of their overall licensed premises.

Where city centres are concerned Barnsley, Rotherham, Wakefield and Doncaster are pretty much dying a death. Huddersfield is OK to an extent and Bradford well the less said the better.

That leaves Sheffield and Leeds. If we're talking purely city centre then Leeds is a million times better than Sheffield. It's not even remotely close. Sheffield centre is basically West Street, Division Street and the streets that join the 2. Leeds has multiple areas/streets similar that piss all over them.

The curveball is Kelham Island. Leeds doesn't have anything that similar so if that's your thing then Sheffield probably does feel better. In fact the nearest they get is actually in Morley where the area around the station has started having loads of small independent bars opening up.

The Leeds v Sheffield debate will probably always come up and there will always be an argument one way or the other based on what your personal likes are.

IMHO Liverpool, Newcastle and York piss all over both.
You’re forgetting carver street, Devonshire street, Leopold square, down the side of city hall which now has Turtle Bay, Pitcher and Piano, Slug and Lettuce and Mojo. And of course you’ve got Eccy road, Abbeydale road, and a few bits and pieces dotted around here and there.

Leeds is a better city in general, but it’s not a better drink. That’s a hill I’ll die on.

You’re forgetting carver street, Devonshire street, Leopold square, down the side of city hall which now has Turtle Bay, Pitcher and Piano, Slug and Lettuce and Mojo. And of course you’ve got Eccy road, Abbeydale road, and a few bits and pieces dotted around here and there.

Leeds is a better city in general, but it’s not a better drink. That’s a hill I’ll die on.

So when I said it's basically West Street and Division Street and the roads that join the 2 you decided to take that as something else yeah 👍

Another benefit of Sheffield, there’s at least 7 to choose from.

He seems to carry the ball more than Gibbs White

Nowhere near as many back heels though

We were actually so lucky to have him weren’t we... 9 straight minutes worth of highlights with him either scoring or putting it on a plate for someone, all from one season. Best player I’ve ever seen play for us.

We were actually so lucky to have him weren’t we... 9 straight minutes worth of highlights with him either scoring or putting it on a plate for someone, all from one season. Best player I’ve ever seen play for us.

Absolutely next level. Outside of all of those fancy moments was a player working his bollocks off for the team too.
That's what made him so special.

If he continues to work that hard on his game, tidies up a little bit on his decision making, his ceiling could be the very, very top.

Also anyone mentioning Carver Street automatically loses any credibility.

It's a cesspit of utter shite full of tossers!
Whilst I’d personally agree, drive down there on a weekend night, and clearly many thousands of people disagree. It’s obviously a demographic thing, but to many, Carver street is a place to be.

Is there any point in thread titles? Every topic (debate) is as relevant as Boris Johnson is right now.

Back
Top Bottom