CONFIRMED Reda Khadra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure how long ago you lived there but Headingley pisses all over Eccy Road.
It’s been a while in fairness but I’ve worked in Leeds for most of my life, the original oak was always a favourite but I was never bothered with the rest of it. I did cheat a bit and say Eccy road and Abbeydale road as one entity as well because the new bars on the latter are 👍🏻. As I said though Kelham has flourished over the last 5 years and Leeds just doesn’t have anything to match it. Anyway Leeds isn’t really a football city like Sheffield it’s a rugby town…. a sentence that always gets a good debate going with anyone from Leeds 🤣

Shopping definitely, and if you're thinking of traditional 'nightlife' then perhaps.
But around 5 years ago, that all changed with micro-breweries, pop-up bars and other cool stuff.
Just driving down London Road from Abbey Lane you'll see 20-30 pop up bars - establishments that were previously shops, selling beer with chairs on the pavement. Eccy Road has loads, plus some great eateries. Not to mention the absolute explosion of diners, vegan restaurants and street food around Kelham Island - which is fast becoming one of the coolest hotspots in the North, Peddlers Market, small art shops and low key DJ mini nightclubs all over the City.
In the traditional sense of 1990s super dance clubs we are way behind, but I genuinely believe these low-key mini and pop-ups are more interesting and the way kids are going nowadays.
I just wish the Council could get more interested in coming up with innovative ways to use the city centre deadspots - to bring in more art and music, but youngsters can absolutely enjoy a night out around Sheffield.

Kelham Island is getting noticed:

Think I’ll have to try Sheffield one day

It’s been a while in fairness but I’ve worked in Leeds for most of my life, the original oak was always a favourite but I was never bothered with the rest of it. I did cheat a bit and say Eccy road and Abbeydale road as one entity as well because the new bars on the latter are 👍🏻. As I said though Kelham has flourished over the last 5 years and Leeds just doesn’t have anything to match it. Anyway Leeds isn’t really a football city like Sheffield it’s a rugby town…. a sentence that always gets a good debate going with anyone from Leeds 🤣
When you consider Leeds we’re averaging 21,000 a few years ago despite being a 1 club city with an enormous catchment area with 10-15 miles

I still can't work out how Olsen managed to let the ball go in the middle of the goal from Khadra. Just incredible how something bang in the middle be could be so far away from. He was like a slightly more glassy version of Lee Baxter wasn't he. I still remember the WTF moment when we conceded the first against Millwall.

Hecky, Jack and McCall will be excellent embarssadors and will sell the club brilliantly.
He choose Blackburn last year don't forget, let's not be too negative about getting the lad.

There does seem to be a general "it may be shit but it's ours" vibe when it comes to locals speaking about Sheffield. Maybe it is the self-depreciating nature of folks but it does feel that folk can't wait to look for a negative.

You mention Meadowhall for example, just get the sense that instead of just saying Meadowhall is a brilliant place to shop, you'd hear Meadowhall's great but it'll be death knell for town centre. There always seems a "but".

Isn't Sheffield one of the greenist cities around? In a time where people are more sensitive about the environment why not make more of this?

Back to Khadra. No better time to have a look around than when the Women's World Cup is on. That seems to have showcased the city really well, with BDTBL being prominent.

Not clear if this is loan or possible perm.

I still can't work out how Olsen managed to let the ball go in the middle of the goal from Khadra. Just incredible how something bang in the middle be could be so far away from. He was like a slightly more glassy version of Lee Baxter wasn't he. I still remember the WTF moment when we conceded the first against Millwall.
Olsen was terrible for us. Villa just paid 3m for him 😳

But, a more direct MGW.

One of his flaws was too much "faffing" for the sake of it.
Very optimistic that we may have found a good replacement though. Even better I we could strike a permanent deal.

Have we ever had a German before?
Adam Davies was born there, if that counts?😉

But, a more direct MGW.

One of his flaws was too much "faffing" for the sake of it.
Very optimistic that we may have found a good replacement though. Even better I we could strike a permanent deal.

Have we ever had a German before?
German National- Amissah but no caps

German born- Besic, Adam Davies. Craig Short

There does seem to be a general "it may be shit but it's ours" vibe when it comes to locals speaking about Sheffield. Maybe it is the self-depreciating nature of folks but it does feel that folk can't wait to look for a negative.

You mention Meadowhall for example, just get the sense that instead of just saying Meadowhall is a brilliant place to shop, you'd hear Meadowhall's great but it'll be death knell for town centre. There always seems a "but".

Isn't Sheffield one of the greenist cities around? In a time where people are more sensitive about the environment why not make more of this?

Back to Khadra. No better time to have a look around than when the Women's World Cup is on. That seems to have showcased the city really well, with BDTBL being prominent.

Not clear if this is loan or possible perm.

Thought I read in one of this mornings articles that it’s a loan?

Edit: forget the above I read it wrong sorry

You’re forgetting carver street, Devonshire street, Leopold square, down the side of city hall which now has Turtle Bay, Pitcher and Piano, Slug and Lettuce and Mojo. And of course you’ve got Eccy road, Abbeydale road, and a few bits and pieces dotted around here and there.

Leeds is a better city in general, but it’s not a better drink. That’s a hill I’ll die on.
You've got a choice of 7 hills 😁

Thought I read in one of this mornings articles that it’s a loan?

Edit: forget the above I read it wrong sorry
No I think you are right that is how it has been assumed though in the Star (I know!) it mentioned a German team, Hertha Berlin, being interested and him being potentially surplus to requirements at Brighton. Wouldn't surprise me as they seem to have a lot of irons in the fire. Only so many are going to go on to their first team.

Incidentally, Hertha Berlin, have you seen their badge? Looks like it was drawn in felt tip by a child. Weird.

I think it more likely who offers the most ££££ football is a short career

Unless Brighton are considering perm offers, the player will remain on his current contract regardless of where he goes next season (unless any 'extras' are agreed.

I did the Otley Run recently.
Everybody in fancy dress, pub after pub, tourists, students, absolutely packed and a great atmosphere. A really fun day.
Eccy Road does not have that sort of vibe.

The Original Oak has the best beer garden in the country IMO.

Back
Top Bottom