Project Restart - Hoping for 8th June

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Probably
Villa / Norwich / Burnley / Bournemouth

Villa have cash rich owners so probably not them

Norwich, Burnley and Bournemouth you are more than likely correct about.

Us, Palace, and Brighton are the ones that spring to mind as the fourth.

I'm personally not even thinking about our position in wanting to complete the season. We have a really hard run in and with no crowd backing us against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea, it will be hard to break into Europe in my opinion. The best option purely for United would be to end the season and use a points per game system but I don't think that's at all fair. Its not going to be completely fair whatever happens after such a long break and returning in such a different atmosphere but the fairest thing is to complete the games, no matter how long it takes.

If the season can't be finished then PPG will be the way we go as this is UEFA's directive. They're already demanding answers from Holland and France as to why they've gone against this and in effect voided their leagues.

If we do go down the PPG route then we jump into 6th place. Even if we went down the route of analysing PPG for both home and away games to get an answer then the result is the same.

I totally get why some don't think this would be a fair end to the season but after 75% has already been completed I'm not quite sure what else we could use and it is far better than the season being declared null and void, wiping out all our good work up the suspension.

Was the run in that hard? Manure away is about the toughest as they had started to perform. Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves at home certainly weren't worth shitting ourselves about and quite easily could have got 7 points out of the reverse fixtures instead of 3. Leicester Away not easy but they weren't in the same form as they were earlier in the year.

I’d be surprised if it were Brighton. They are well run, the owner is a billionaire and he is Brighton born & bred.

Palace are a good shout. There wage bill is about 80% of turnover and they made a £36m loss last season.

Last edited:

Burnley have made a profit the last two years, so if they’re struggling then we must be as well.

I'd say Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth and Palace.

Don't Palace rely on more than 60% of their match day revenue or something along those lines?

Fifa medical chair saying there should be no football even behind closed doors. Not sure what affect if any this will have?

Suppose individual leagues can still make own decisions.

France have abandoned the season saying no football until Sept.

Sadly with Belgium and Holland finishing I think the dominoes will start to fall...I hope not.

Spain and Germany trying to restart but Spanish health sec saying he does not want football till the end of the summer. Germany gov also not giving go ahead to restart.

At the end of the day all the individual leagues can have these plans but they will all depend on individual govts in each country sanctioning.

If the season can't be finished then PPG will be the way we go as this is UEFA's directive. They're already demanding answers from Holland and France as to why they've gone against this and in effect voided their leagues.

If we do go down the PPG route then we jump into 6th place. Even if we went down the route of analysing PPG for both home and away games to get an answer then the result is the same.

I totally get why some don't think this would be a fair end to the season but after 75% has already been completed I'm not quite sure what else we could use and it is far better than the season being declared null and void, wiping out all our good work up the suspension.

Was the run in that hard? Manure away is about the toughest as they had started to perform. Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves at home certainly weren't worth shitting ourselves about and quite easily could have got 7 points out of the reverse fixtures instead of 3. Leicester Away not easy but they weren't in the same form as they were earlier in the year.

The run in will be much harder with no crowds and I felt it was tough anyway. We had 5 of the top 8 to play in 9 games and with no home advantage so to speak, I think it would be a struggle

We had 5 of the top 8 to play in 9 games
Not bothered us so far, only 2 teams have dealt with us ok 3 let's throw Newcastle in.
We beat Spurs but for VAR, we had Chelsea on the ropes, we drew with Leicester but for VAR not performing, Man Utd would be tough but we can match them as we proved and we matched Wolves although there is a humbleness about their fanbase that hides that they are a good team. Start of the season I'd be pooing myself but now (pandemic aside) it wouldn't surprise me if we took points in all of these games.

The run in will be much harder with no crowds and I felt it was tough anyway. We had 5 of the top 8 to play in 9 games and with no home advantage so to speak, I think it would be a struggle
Equally, the fact that Wilder has the players training at full tilt might give us an edge in what might feel a bit like practice matches.

Fifa medical chair saying there should be no football even behind closed doors. Not sure what affect if any this will have?

Suppose individual leagues can still make own decisions.

France have abandoned the season saying no football until Sept.

Sadly with Belgium and Holland finishing I think the dominoes will start to fall...I hope not.

Spain and Germany trying to restart but Spanish health sec saying he does not want football till the end of the summer. Germany gov also not giving go ahead to restart.

At the end of the day all the individual leagues can have these plans but they will all depend on individual govts in each country sanctioning.

He says he speaks as a Medical Doctor and not an organiser of football matches but then goes on to say;

"be prepared for the start of good competition next season."

so in effect he's trying to organise football. No problem with him saying its not the right time to start playing football again for medical reasons but its for the footballing authorities to decide when this season ends and the new season starts.

There will be no more football in europes big leagues this season. They will all be cancelled IMO and it all depends on how the local bodies decide to end it. The only fair way is PPG as 75% of the season has taken place. Some will benefit, some will lose but it's the only fair way.

And good luck with a successful lawsuit due to a Pandemic.

Do you really think we will ever be all crushed together at concerts or sporting events or public transport again? I think we will all need to accept things will never be the same again the risk is too great. All these super stadiums with a few thousand supporters.... I wonder????
Fuck me. Pass the rope will ya.

There will be no more football in europes big leagues this season. They will all be cancelled IMO and it all depends on how the local bodies decide to end it. The only fair way is PPG as 75% of the season has taken place. Some will benefit, some will lose but it's the only fair way.

Germany planning for the 9th pie in the sky then?

He says he speaks as a Medical Doctor and not an organiser of football matches but then goes on to say;

"be prepared for the start of good competition next season."

so in effect he's trying to organise football. No problem with him saying its not the right time to start playing football again for medical reasons but its for the footballing authorities to decide when this season ends and the new season starts.

"I believe we've got to finish it," he has said. "I think we should finish this season first and then look at how we do the next one, rather than trying to think about next season now. Finishing this season has got to be the sole focus."

As usual, Chris Wilder nails it.

There isn’t a fair way to finish the season early, either scrap the lot or finish it, it’s as simple as that.

How can you relegate Villa on points per game when their game in hand due to reaching a cup final? Some reward for giving the league cup a go!

Do you really think we will ever be all crushed together at concerts or sporting events or public transport again? I think we will all need to accept things will never be the same again the risk is too great. All these super stadiums with a few thousand supporters.... I wonder????
Well you could have an open field instead with the same amount of people. A 200 capacity stadium but everyone stands next to each other.

Im aware of all the social distancing rules and procedures. I'm aware of the risks involved.

But I'm also reading a lot about it and the flip sides of what is happening and the contradictory rules in place. One man can't sit on a park bench on his own but he can stand in the lines at B&Q for 2 hours with 200 other people. It makes little sense and don't tell me otherwise.

I'm not pining for football to return and it is way down on the priority list. But there are ways that football could easily return. Test all the players, all the managers and everyone involved on a match day. Do it today and you'd have 3 weeks, 4 weeks even, to make a decision and get the results.

Supermarkets are busier than they should be. People are still coming into contact. If the season needs to finish, as it should do, let's get players and managers etc tested, as well as the key workers. Anyone who is in an at risk group should stay away. And I don't mean from stadiums either as nobody will be allowed in.

They have to set a plan to come out of this with phase 0 or whatever it is called. A plan can be changed delayed etc but there has to be a plan and allow people to put there own measures into things.

They have to set a plan to come out of this with phase 0 or whatever it is called. A plan can be changed delayed etc but there has to be a plan and allow people to put there own measures into things.
Would that plan, or any plan, be in-line with government guidelines? If the government were to lift some measures would the FA do the same at the same pace? Or would they be allowed to go further?

Well you could have an open field instead with the same amount of people. A 200 capacity stadium but everyone stands next to each other.

Im aware of all the social distancing rules and procedures. I'm aware of the risks involved.

But I'm also reading a lot about it and the flip sides of what is happening and the contradictory rules in place. One man can't sit on a park bench on his own but he can stand in the lines at B&Q for 2 hours with 200 other people. It makes little sense and don't tell me otherwise.

I'm not pining for football to return and it is way down on the priority list. But there are ways that football could easily return. Test all the players, all the managers and everyone involved on a match day. Do it today and you'd have 3 weeks, 4 weeks even, to make a decision and get the results.

Supermarkets are busier than they should be. People are still coming into contact. If the season needs to finish, as it should do, let's get players and managers etc tested, as well as the key workers. Anyone who is in an at risk group should stay away. And I don't mean from stadiums either as nobody will be allowed in.
But everyone is at risk ... government advises this and that but nothing is made law or policed its left up to you .... not good enough .... still loads of idiots gathering and doing their own thing ... cant see big events happening for a long time .... people might have a different opinion when the true death toll emerges in the coming weeks

But everyone is at risk ... government advises this and that but nothing is made law or policed its left up to you .... not good enough .... still loads of idiots gathering and doing their own thing ... cant see big events happening for a long time .... people might have a different opinion when the true death toll emerges in the coming weeks
Some are at more risk than others. The vast majority of those who die have underlying health issues. I just wish they'd tell us what those issues are. Folk would be a bit more cautious if they knew a bit more.

The death will shoot up today because they're recording deaths in care homes and the wider community. The cynic in me would say that this is to manipulate statistics as a way of keeping us all in check a bit more. The way they record the deaths is a bit iffy n all. One day there were 140 deaths, yet the government announced another 600+ because of the way the deaths are recorded and registered. Its all getting to me if I'm honest.

Some are at more risk than others. The vast majority of those who die have underlying health issues. I just wish they'd tell us what those issues are. Folk would be a bit more cautious if they knew a bit more.

The death will shoot up today because they're recording deaths in care homes and the wider community. The cynic in me would say that this is to manipulate statistics as a way of keeping us all in check a bit more. The way they record the deaths is a bit iffy n all. One day there were 140 deaths, yet the government announced another 600+ because of the way the deaths are recorded and registered. Its all getting to me if I'm honest.
The figures will be skewed to send a message. I don't trust anything any government comes out with because there's a fekkin agenda behind everything. They've made a pigs ear of every decision and plan they've made so far.

The figures will be skewed to send a message. I don't trust anything any government comes out with because there's a fekkin agenda behind everything. They've made a pigs ear of every decision and plan they've made so far.

Stop being so stupid.

Back
Top Bottom