Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worryingly promoting the attributes of Wilder and giving him credit for last season, wonder what HJ&Smc made of this comment.

Tried to tie illiman to a new deal 2 years ago, also saying Berge was offered a new deal 2 years before as well, so using that as fact, Jebbeson must have turned down a new deal as well last summer (which I can understand as he hasn't been playing).

Should bids come in we will be selling both of them this window then?

#meltdown.

Edit : good job lads... Seeing as you're online 😉

Anyone who believes 100% of the PR circus available on the internet is just gullible. Sometimes the only way to get at the truth, is to go to court. The ownership battle has brought out all club ownership into disrepute
Neither side could really be honest because football at this level has a very murky underbelly. It was all about control, power and money.
The Prince is fortunate that he has a very clever legal team. As a businessman outside of mainstream football in UK, and not someone who has English as a first language, he listened to his lawyers.

Football club ownership is a festering rats nest based on control, money and power. Thoroughly rotten and driven by the wrong people with ineffective virtues calling the tune.

In the real world there is much hidden by the term ‘commercial in confidence.’ That is how it has to be, otherwise bad actors will use information as currency to get the deal the want. Anyone being honest and open about club dealings is a sucker who will be bled dry. No control, no power and certainly no money.

I understand the reluctance to give interviews to the professional media, because they will edit what is said for their own viewpoint to be used. Even in this SUW format, there are people who now believe that the Prince wants part ownership of the club. I thought it was quite clear that he might wish to use United World assets in order to retain some influence, but that the idea was an option he would now consider, but not insist on it as a deal breaker.

We all have a range of opinions about the Prince, but most of the objections I have seen on this thread amount to individual confirmation bias. Supporters only hear what they want to hear because it supports what they already believe. Maybe I’m guilty of that too, but I don’t expect the Prince to be an open book, when he already has to deal with the ludicrous opinions of amateurs on here, and some old school Brit owner trying to shaft him!

The prince can not afford to run the club on his own admission. what would be the point of keeping him on, he has no money.I would be very surprised if whoever takes over would be willing to keep him on.
Don’t be surprised

One thing that I meant to comment on after I'd listened to the interview was the comments about Ndiaye not being available for 8 games or so with the AFCON being a factor in the decision to cash in.

We've signed 2 players in Traore and Slimane who will also be eligible for the AFCON. Seems a flimsy argument.

One thing that I meant to comment on after I'd listened to the interview was the comments about Ndiaye not being available for 8 games or so with the AFCON being a factor in the decision to cash in.

We've signed 2 players in Traore and Slimane who will also be eligible for the AFCON. Seems a flimsy argument.

The “run their (players) contracts down into the last season to keep them hungry” is equally as laughable.

Ditto wanting to get the average age down whilst all our best youngsters are out of contract in the summer (plus Ndiaye and Berge).

The rest was meaningless waffle.

The “run their (players) contracts down into the last season to keep them hungry” is equally as laughable.

Ditto wanting to get the average age down whilst all our best youngsters are out of contract in the summer (plus Ndiaye and Berge).

The rest was meaningless waffle.
I've just commented on SB about the fact that we won't have injuries this season because the owner said people play injured in their final year.

I was trimming some bushes (ooer) when I listened to the interview so things probably weren't registering at the time but some of the answers were priceless when I reflect back.

Anyone who believes 100% of the PR circus available on the internet is just gullible. Sometimes the only way to get at the truth, is to go to court. The ownership battle has brought out all club ownership into disrepute
Neither side could really be honest because football at this level has a very murky underbelly. It was all about control, power and money.
The Prince is fortunate that he has a very clever legal team. As a businessman outside of mainstream football in UK, and not someone who has English as a first language, he listened to his lawyers.

Football club ownership is a festering rats nest based on control, money and power. Thoroughly rotten and driven by the wrong people with ineffective virtues calling the tune.

In the real world there is much hidden by the term ‘commercial in confidence.’ That is how it has to be, otherwise bad actors will use information as currency to get the deal the want. Anyone being honest and open about club dealings is a sucker who will be bled dry. No control, no power and certainly no money.

I understand the reluctance to give interviews to the professional media, because they will edit what is said for their own viewpoint to be used. Even in this SUW format, there are people who now believe that the Prince wants part ownership of the club. I thought it was quite clear that he might wish to use United World assets in order to retain some influence, but that the idea was an option he would now consider, but not insist on it as a deal breaker.

We all have a range of opinions about the Prince, but most of the objections I have seen on this thread amount to individual confirmation bias. Supporters only hear what they want to hear because it supports what they already believe. Maybe I’m guilty of that too, but I don’t expect the Prince to be an open book, when he already has to deal with the ludicrous opinions of amateurs on here, and some old school Brit owner trying to shaft him!
" The good thing is I want still to be involved with the Club. I'll be staying, United World will be staying but not in a controlling interest and that was really important to me. Of course some of the offers wanted to own the Club for 100% , some prefer we stay. All things equal I'd prefer to be part of the Club."

I interpret that to mean he's made the decision to stay in part and a 100% sale is currently not an option with the 2/3 parties that are in advanced negotiations.

Easy to be critical but I rhought he made some very good points, especially regarding all of the contracts running down at the end of the season.

I guess as ever the proof will be in the pudding. If we bring in 4 or 5 very good signings in the next few weeks things will look to be back on track
True but he kept banging on about how they were aware of the contract situation and provided explanations but there's every chance he's just using it to cover up the fact he/the board fucked up.

What makes me suspicious is how many times he comments on it.

" The good thing is I want still to be involved with the Club. I'll be staying, United World will be staying but not in a controlling interest and that was really important to me. Of course some of the offers wanted to own the Club for 100% , some prefer we stay. All things equal I'd prefer to be part of the Club."

I interpret that to mean he's made the decision to stay in part and a 100% sale is currently not an option with the 2/3 parties that are in advanced negotiations.

I still trust the information I had (and shared a long time ago) that the Prince wanted to keep a significant minority stake and was hopeful of selling the rest to a Saudi group.

Seems a bit strange that the prince would rather have a interview with a youtube channel and not Radio Sheffield.

Plus when Berge is gone, everyone knows we have approximately £32 million to spend on replacements. But it’s okay, the prince has been in this business for 40 years and knows exactly what he’s doing.

Give him the Macdonald and Charles Green treatment. It shouldn’t be a nice place to visit for anyone higher than Hecky if this goes through.

Actions speak louder than words the Prince says yeah you will be seen as a bigger fraud than Kevin McCabe if Sander goes to f*cking Burnley.

You literally couldn't make this up the way we are being run into the ground you would think a pig was running our club.

"Letting players run into the last 12 months of their contract keeps them motivated"

That's went well then.

Maybe if you're Real Madrid and it's a lesser player, but if you're Sheffield United? Hmm

I thought the same, ridiculous tactic, seen before with lundstram, God he really tried didn't he..

"Letting players run into the last 12 months of their contract keeps them motivated"

That's went well then.

Maybe if you're Real Madrid and it's a lesser player, but if you're Sheffield United? Hmm
He says this is how it works in the NFL.

That might be right, but that’s a sport where the teams have all the power when negotiating, having crushed the players union.

It doesn’t work like that here, as he’s finding out.

I really don't know what fans expect of the Prince would any of you lot tell me how much was in your bank accounts if you wanted to buy my house? I don't think so. So the Prince isn't going to divulge how big Hecky's budget is or how much we receive for Iliman it would make no business sense. I do think the blokes heart is in the right place and he is doing his best, hardly his fault that he doesn't have a bottomless money pit. Maybe we would be better off if McCabe hadn't tried forcing him out. I would have no problem with him retaining a percentage ownership if that is acceptable to a new owner. But a more wealthy owner is what is needed or we will always be strugglers.
Glad to see he is on better terms with Chris Wilder now and I do see where his reluctance to talk to the Sheffield press comes from they have never licked his arse like they do the incumbent at S6 who always gets an easy ride with The Star and to a certain extent Radio Sheffield you only have to think back to the Ched Evans saga where the club got dogs abuse, none of them ever ran with a save our Blades campaign. My criticism of him is to me he runs the club from too far a distance and runs a risk of not getting a feel for the club like the fans do, not saying he has to be UK based but I'd like to see him around a little more and not just for cup semi finals.
From a business and negotiation perspective his approach makes perfect sense, you don’t let your opponent know anything about your financial situation as they will use it to their advantage.
On the local media side I think it’s the Star rather than radio Sheffield he has a problem with.
I followed the legal case closely and some of Alan Biggs articles were obviously pro-McCabe and didn’t reflect accurately what was happening in court.
I doubt he has a problem with any of the reporters who focus solely on the football.

Well asked but politically answered questions was the theme of the interview. It’s good that the owner fronted up and he was never going to reveal the trade secrets of the club so it was about as expected.

Interesting to note that Ndiaye was obviously aware of his talents years ago and was turned down a better contract due to some perceived academy player ➡️first teamer wage cap that we have in place. I was convinced that the delay in getting him in the first team probably didn’t do us any favours and it seemed we penny pinched on his previous extension and that might have cost us his signature on a new deal over the last 6-12 months (as well as OM interest).

I’d like to see proof of how Dangerous Daz was reporting the court case ‘more fairly’ when compared to the other media channels. I’m sure a few clickbaity headlines from Hall, Hemmingham and Shields as well as some carefully selected quotes in their past work has counted against them.

Not sure that RS would have been the same though as they are more rounded in their presentation than a newspaper style headline writer.

Worried that he and UW want to stay involved and that his blasé attitude to due diligence, “the EFL/PL will catch anything we miss” isn’t a great admission on his part.
Perhaps it’s the cheaper option to let the EFL/PL conduct the DD.

Thought his comments regarding last seasons success being in part down to Wilder were utterly bizarre, I bet PH was thrilled hearing that - how to motivate your management team.

Other comments surrounding contracts and allowing key players to run theirs down is frankly dereliction of duty, good business practice suggests you protect your investment in your key assets.

Other bits I picked out were his obsession with allowing unofficial fan based channels to divulge key club related information - really?
The club is now in the most highly prized football league on the planet boasting £100m + turnover, professional PR and official club communication channels are now a prerequisite.

Comments about Illiman not being available due to AFCON was an attempt to shift the emphasis away from the poor management of his contract situation - as others have said both Slimane & Traore will be playing in AFCON.

Todays news surrounding Berge will only make his position in the eyes of the supporters even more untenable.

Perhaps it’s the cheaper option to let the EFL/PL conduct the DD.

Thought his comments regarding last seasons success being in part down to Wilder were utterly bizarre, I bet PH was thrilled hearing that - how to motivate your management team.

Other comments surrounding contracts and allowing key players to run theirs down is frankly dereliction of duty, good business practice suggests you protect your investment in your key assets.

Other bits I picked out were his obsession with allowing unofficial fan based channels to divulge key club related information - really?
The club is now in the most highly prized football league on the planet boasting £100m + turnover, professional PR and official club communication channels are now a prerequisite.

Comments about Illiman not being available due to AFCON was an attempt to shift the emphasis away from the poor management of his contract situation - as others have said both Slimane & Traore will be playing in AFCON.

Todays news surrounding Berge will only make his position in the eyes of the supporters even more untenable.

Him giving Wilder credit does hold some weight. Wilder brought Hecky to the club and the formation is pretty much still the one he played.

Him giving Wilder credit does hold some weight. Wilder brought Hecky to the club and the formation is pretty much still the one he played.
But that’s the same as saying the England cricket teams success under Stokes is attributable to the previous captain as the 2 opening bowlers, wicket keeper & lady who makes the teas are still the same.

York Blade not criticizing you and the other lad who runs your youtube channel. a very good channel worth watching apparently I have not seen your channel. however, just wanted to know why the prince favors .your channel instead of Radio Sheffield, simply because The radio station would have a bigger audience. not everyone has a computer or goes on social media.

Good interview And questions. As usual comes over well. Disappointing that Ndiaye and Berge have gone but if they didn’t want play for us I don’t want them and particularly Berge has shown this on the pitch. This is a point of maximum anxiety but if we can get good signings and loans in place the team will be thoroughly refreshed which it badly needs. No childish wailing about taking my favourite toys away from this Blade - got to see the big picture which is helped by this interview. Support the club and be reasonably patient as the club deals with some uncontrollables like the whispering in Illis mums ear.

York Blade not criticizing you and the other lad who runs your youtube channel. a very good channel worth watching apparently I have not seen your channel. however, just wanted to know why the prince favors .your channel instead of Radio Sheffield, simply because The radio station would have a bigger audience. not everyone has a computer or goes on social media.
It's also available as an audio podcast so if you have a phone you can access our free content. I hope you enjoy it.

He's fallen out with a few local people due to how they portrayed him during the court trial, or something like that.

That's what I've been told anyway

Back
Top Bottom