Porter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His first touch was a lot better tonight unlike on Friday.

Held the ball up OK and moved well to score the goal.

Happy to take back some of what I have said about him.

His first touch was a lot better tonight unlike on Friday.

Thought it was more down to the type of ball he received being much better today. A great moment for Porter - lets hope he takes whatever confidence that's given him through to the final.

Thought it was more down to the type of ball he received being much better today. A great moment for Porter - lets hope he takes whatever confidence that's given him through to the final.

Scored 8..well 9 goals now this season which is not bad to say he has barely started a game.

Super ball into the box for Porter to finish.
DW did say Porter would play his part before the season ended!
Great to see the fans hugging the players the fans almost sucked that ball into the net.
That dressing room deserves to celebrate after everything those players have had to deal with these past few weeks.
Well done Blades!

Agree his service tonight was alot better then friday night!

Not been a Porter fan this season, but credit where it's due, he played well tonight.

Just need to see that more often Chris :)

Super ball into the box for Porter to finish.
DW did say Porter would play his part before the season ended!
Great to see the fans hugging the players the fans almost sucked that ball into the net.
That dressing room deserves to celebrate after everything those players have had to deal with these past few weeks.
Well done Blades!

I hope tonight has helped the team confidence and given them a much need lift.

Been pretty solid defensively over the 2 legs which bodes well.

Thought both legs many fans were very unfair to him to be honest.

It's a nightmare job playing the lone striker at SUFC, please for him to get the goal and after a night where he won everything it seemed to give him an extra yard for the last few minutes.

It's a nightmare job playing the lone striker at SUFC, please for him to get the goal and after a night where he won everything it seemed to give him an extra yard for the last few minutes.
I agree I said after Friday I thought he was let down by the support and service given to him , not trying to come across all I told you so but I thought he did ok and I'm pleased he got the goal tonight

On Friday, and for much of he first half go night he was poor. Poor touch, poor control, poor execution of the basic.

Second half tonight he was a different player. Whether that was down to the service he received I don't know. We certainly seemed to be playing it at his feet rather than his head.

And then he scored with a header of course....

If he plays like that at Wembley we have every chance.

He did well tonight. Its a shame he's so painfully slow, but I do think he's probably a better player than we all think. He had a good record with Oldham and Motherwell (in fact im pretty sure he was one of the 100000000000000001 strikers we were linked with when Warnock was in charge, along with that random polish bloke who played for Huddersfield) and he only went off the boil when he went to Derby, where I understand he struggled with injuries.

I do think we need somebody up with him on a pitch as big as Wembley's, though.

Strikers need to play games Porters been in CE shadow all season let's hope now he's grown in. confidense for the final.

Will DW go 442 with Cresswell coming back for the final.?

Completely agree. The ball was played more into his feet and body so he was not involved in so many ariel challenges

He was more involved in general, but he also won loads in the air. Their two centre halves are said to be tough and very strong in the air, but Porter had the beating of them today. Very happy for him to score the winner. I think, given more crosses like Lowton's Porter can be a decent goal threat.

:) Fantastic...i am so pleased for Chris Porter, the team, the fans..and especially for DW..we thought he`d bring us nothing..so far he`s delivered us everything.....;);):D

Come on Chris finish the job and become a Legend

i dont take back what iv said about him. he's not good enough to play for us, neither am i.

he put a massive shift in tonight, but considering he's playing at a team above his level, he and i both would do that.

and he scored, as would i from there.

take nothing away in terms of effort, im seriously grateful for the job he did tonight. and the service was dreadful, better players would have done nothing tonight as well. but hes still not good enough im afraid and im worried that in the most important games of the season all we have is 1 striker left n its him.

But would you have been managed to get into that scoring position?
and would you have been able to win the ball from their midfielder in the first place, then lay it off to another player before turning and busting a gut to get into said scoring position...?

and would you have been able to win the ball from their midfielder in the first place, then lay it off to another player before turning and busting a gut to get into said scoring position...?
I think most of us have the "gut" part sorted - just for different reasons

Beer, beer, we want more beer,
Everybody's cheeering, get the feckin beer in

Think it was yes.
We were all saying Ched wasnt good enough last year.
He clearly wasn't though was he?
He wasn't that good when he came back from injury this season either - then it just clicked.
Clearly a mental thing - probably motivation from Gary Speed (RIP) and the spector of a certain court case focused the mind somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom