Player Suggestion Player Suggestion Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oumar Niasse always looks a handful when I've seen him. Not exactly prolific, but has power and pace which we lack at the minute. I'd imagine 3 or 4 million might get him, so not crazy money either.

Why, is he a bit rapey? Or is it just that interview?

Seems OK to me. And if we can sign Madine.... (that's the permanent argument for dickheads as McGoldrick is the argument for 'injury prone'...)
I'm sure he's a model pro and would probably do well for us but I can't help wanting to smash his sneery twattish face in ,I can't

Why, is he a bit rapey? Or is it just that interview?

Seems OK to me. And if we can sign Madine.... (that's the permanent argument for dickheads, as McGoldrick is the argument for 'injury prone'...)

We've never ever signed Madine, not even in a parallel universe.

Only ever been on loan, just the once.

think of our most used XI:
Henderson - gone for now Moore as back up, so we need a keeper
Basham - staying but Cranie was his back up, so we need a CB
Egan - staying, but is Stearman the answer in his absence, we need another CB
O’Connell - staying, and if we buy right to cover the previous, we should be okay
Baldock - staying, but I don’t see a Freeman being the answer as a replacement
Stevens - staying and played fantastically well, I think we need cover
Norwood - staying and deserves his crack at the PL
Fleck - staying and was chased by PL clubs. Again I think we need cover
Duffy - we have tried to find another CAM and he’s fought them off, but I think we need recruit
Sharp and McGoldrick - deserve their chance in the Prem, but as we had 2 loan signings up front, we need cover

So by my reckoning we need:
First choice keeper
A couple of CB to provide competition not cover
A couple of midfielders to again provide competition
Dependent upon tactics, a couple of wing backs / wingers
At least one first choice striker
That’s 8 players minimum, which takes us close to buying a brand new team like Fulham. They got it wrong with several players being bought who had no English league experience and they failed to recruit right at the back.

So in a player suggestion thread you've made no suggestions.

I wouldn’t take a risk on a Niasse who has proven he is not capable of scoring. I’d rather try an unproven striker like Assombalonga / Mcburnie / Maupay. Least they have previous of scoring goals.

We are ideally looking for next Callum Wilson / Deeney / Gray etc. These all had records of scoring in the lower leagues.

Kemar Roofe

If Leeds don't go up I reckon he'd be a smart signing. Someone who'd suit us and do well for us. Affordable with 1 year left on contract.

Versatile, athletic, hardworking, instinctive. Can play any attacking position, and even lead the line.

Would've comfortably had 20+ goals had he stayed fit.

He's back now, and scored in the play off semi yesterday. Got MOTM too.

Keep him fit, then at 26 his best is still to come.

Didn't realise he only had a year left, good suggestion.

Could fit in the 10 role if needed too.

Just wanted to throw Harry Arter's name into this thread. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Chris Wilder obviously admires the Bournemouth players who went up the leagues. He's got Premier League experience. Many Cardiff fans reckoned he was one of their best players last year. Two years left on his Bournemouth contract but I imagine we can get him at a good price and wages not too high. Good midfield depth with the potential to start too.

Only downside is that he apparently wants a move back down south, with Fulham tipped as a likely suitor. Weirdly, Scott Parker is his brother-in-law. Can't decide whether it would be a good thing or bad thing to have your brother-in-law as your manager!

Just wanted to throw Harry Arter's name into this thread. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Chris Wilder obviously admires the Bournemouth players who went up the leagues. He's got Premier League experience. Many Cardiff fans reckoned he was one of their best players last year. Two years left on his Bournemouth contract but I imagine we can get him at a good price and wages not too high. Good midfield depth with the potential to start too.

Only downside is that he apparently wants a move back down south, with Fulham tipped as a likely suitor. Weirdly, Scott Parker is his brother-in-law. Can't decide whether it would be a good thing or bad thing to have your brother-in-law as your manager!
Probably a good thing.

He’s a good player though.

Jamal Lowe worth looking at from Pompey?

Great story. Risen from non league, part time - to becoming Portsmouth's main man in their promotion battle which looks like ending in failure.

Good age, decent amount of goals, exciting, rapid and improving.
Played upfront and out wide but I think he'd suit our style of play up front or just in behind.

I know we've gone up to the Prem but there are still a few League 1 players who could make the step up - we should know considering we have the base of our League 1 champions team still in place.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...owe-teacher-playing-front-18000-fratton-park/

Lowe's an interesting player, seems to have the blend of pace, balance and skill to go up a level. He's 25 in July, but he did come into the professional game late. Probably not quite the level we need though.

Matt Clarke is the most likely Pompey player for us. 22 year old left footed CB. Won 13 of 14 of their awards. Year left on contract. Could be great value. Although there are enough south coast PL clubs I'd expect to beat us to him.

Lowe's an interesting player, seems to have the blend of pace, balance and skill to go up a level. He's 25 in July, but he did come into the professional game late. Probably not quite the level we need though.

Matt Clarke is the most likely Pompey player for us. 22 year old left footed CB. Won 13 of 14 of their awards. Year left on contract. Could be great value. Although there are enough south coast PL clubs I'd expect to beat us to him.
I think he's got a bit of everything, could he step up to the Prem I'm not sure but I'd love us to gamble on him. If we played wingers I'd be more confident of him making it here as that's his other familiar position.

Matt Clarke is good but finding someone who wants to compete with JOC will be very very tough. They know he's the perfect LCB in our system.
Yoann Barbet would be my choice - quick and easy as he's a free agent just have to offer him what he wants.

Jamal Lowe worth looking at from Pompey?

Great story. Risen from non league, part time - to becoming Portsmouth's main man in their promotion battle which looks like ending in failure.

Good age, decent amount of goals, exciting, rapid and improving.
Played upfront and out wide but I think he'd suit our style of play up front or just in behind.

I know we've gone up to the Prem but there are still a few League 1 players who could make the step up - we should know considering we have the base of our League 1 champions team still in place.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...owe-teacher-playing-front-18000-fratton-park/
I'd have him. I might be wrong but I also think he's played in the 10 position before so he could give us lots of options.

I'd have him. I might be wrong but I also think he's played in the 10 position before so he could give us lots of options.
Huddersfield took a punt on Karlan Grant from Charlton in January and by all accounts he's been their best forward so that's what gives me hope in him

Karlan Grant could be a very smart choice to be one of our big signings. If he keeps up his current performance levels in the PL then he's on his way to the £30m bracket.

Karlan Grant could be a very smart choice to be one of our big signings. If he keeps up his current performance levels in the PL then he's on his way to the £30m bracket.

They brought him in with next season in the Championship in mind

But what if they were offered a quick £8m+ profit? Would they take it?

They might but I was under the impression that his signing for £2m was part of a sound use of their PL money to try & go straight back up, in the Burnley style. And I’m not sure he’s shown enough to gamble £10m on. I would certainly take him for up to £5m though.

They might but I was under the impression that his signing for £2m was part of a sound use of their PL money to try & go straight back up, in the Burnley style. And I’m not sure he’s shown enough to gamble £10m on. I would certainly take him for up to £5m though.
Agreed there. 4 goals doesn’t make him a 10mil player for me.

Bit left field... 28 Year old Defensive midfielder from Nimes?

Thems that know, know. ;)

"He has a thunderous shot and takes a mean free-kick, but his real influence comes from the way he combines flawless technical ability, vision and proactive passing from deep paired with a ferocious, all-action style. Intimidated by no one, Savanier is a true leader and a furious competitor."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/13/teji-savanier-nimes-ligue-1-ligue-2-kylian-mbappe

Back
Top Bottom