Player Suggestion Player Suggestion Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

George Saville

I've already put him on my thread but he's not one who'll be mentioned so I'll put him his name here too.

Left footed central midfielder. Energetic, box to box, very determined and committed, can tackle, can play, scores goals. Can play LWB.

Moved to Boro for about £7m but I think he'd be interested in a move away, especially further south, and they'd be interested in selling now their parachute payments have ended.

He strongly strikes me as one who'd rise to the challenge of the PL and suit a club like us.

Always looked a player at Wolves and Milwall. I'd be keen on this.

Always looked a player at Wolves and Milwall. I'd be keen on this.

If Wilder asked our players about toughest opponents, I'm sure Saville's name will have cropped up.

As I said, very determined and will rarely be beaten in one on one battles.

Good shout, have you seen him play? Is he comfortable on the ball enough to play in our system? (If he is, he'd make a versatile LWB backup too)

Yeah, not seen too much but he seemed decent on the ball. Looks like he could do the overlapping CB bit:

If Wilder asked our players about toughest opponents, I'm sure Saville's name will have cropped up.

As I said, very determined and will rarely be beaten in one on one battles.

Versatile as well, as you mentioned can play CM and LWB, I'd also fancy him to "do a job" in the no. 10 position.

George Saville

I've already put him on my thread but he's not one who'll be mentioned so I'll put him his name here too.

Left footed central midfielder. Energetic, box to box, very determined and committed, can tackle, can play, scores goals. Can play LWB.

Moved to Boro for about £7m but I think he'd be interested in a move away, especially further south, and they'd be interested in selling now their parachute payments have ended.

He strongly strikes me as one who'd rise to the challenge of the PL and suit a club like us.
Never rated Saville me

Granted he hasn't pulled up any trees at Forest or West Ham since his move from Leeds but I believe Wilder is an admirer of his.

He fits the type of player we may be in the market for. Young, British & should be available at a fairly decent price by our standards due to recent form and injury proness.

I reckon we may go in for Sam Bryam as competition for right wing back.

McGinn at Villa if they don’t make it up
CB
2 forwards - McBurrnie or Maupay + a loanee + (would take Hogan if the fee is ok), I think Abraham is too lightweight.
RWB

All for 25 - 30 million

This should leave something in the pot for the JTW if required.

CB
2 forwards - McBurrnie or Maupay + a loanee + (would take Hogan if the fee is ok), I think Abraham is too lightweight.
RWB

All for 25 - 30 million

United should get you in as negotiator if you think we could get all of that for £25-30m :)

CB
RWB

All for 25 - 30 million

Maupay be 15m+ on his own.

CB
RWB

All for 25 - 30 million

We also need a CM, CAM, GK and LWB

I’d try for Ollie McBurnie and Joe Rodon from Swansea. Apparently they are trying to get £30million in transfer fees this summer according to Nixon. Maybe a cheeky bid for Naughton also?

I put this on the RCB thread .

What about Reece Oxford?

Can play centre back or defensive midfielder. 6'3". Athletic. Only 20. Bags of potential.

Dwight gayle - only on loan at West brom so if they don't win the play offs he could be tempted. Can't see Newcastle wanting too much for him. Scored over 20 this season.

We've only got sharp and mgoldrick (not including the transfer listed strikers) so we're going to need a few new ones.

GK:

HENDERSON 8mill

Moore

Eastwood

DEF:

Baldock

BROWN 5mill

Basham

MENSAH/TUANZABE/OXFORD 5mill

Egan

CHAMBERS 5mill

Joc

CLARKE/MINGS 3mill/6mill

Enda

DA SILVA loan

MID:

Norwood

FER free

Fleck

SAVILLE 6mill

Duffy

MOUNT loan

BENRAHMA 8mill

Lundstram

FWD

Sharp

GAYLE 7.5mill

Mcgoldrick

MCBURNIE 8mill

MADINE undisclosed

This would be a 25 man squad (I think Brown is under21) and give us flexibility and strength. Not totally inspiring on paper but wilder would get a lot out of that squad. If one of those £5 million signings came off, it would pay for the rest. The only worry is that even at these conservative estimates, it totals up to 55 million and that’s without blowing the bank on a marquee signing, just getting the numbers in. I think we’re more likely to get a couple of Snodgrass/Danny Simpson signings over the younger, athletic modern footballer with a double barrelled surname because they’ll be cheaper and offer more experience. We’ll sign a lot of players with no resale value and it’ll eventually catch up with us. It’s probably still the right thing to do though and it’ll give us a better chance of staying up.

It’s a bit of a shame that we’ll miss out on some good young players, because of the rule change limiting the big boys hoarding all of the best young talent and loaning it out, there will be a lot of really good players available this summer that we could snipe. I’m not necessarily criticising the club’s approach here, just saying it’s a shame we aren’t a couple of years more established so we could take a risk on these players while they’re there.

GK:

HENDERSON 8mill

Moore

Eastwood

DEF:

Baldock

BROWN 5mill

Basham

Egan

CHAMBERS 5mill

Joc

CLARKE/MINGS 3mill/6mill

Enda

DA SILVA loan

MID:

Norwood

FER free

Fleck

SAVILLE 6mill

Duffy

MOUNT loan

BENRAHMA 8mill

Lundstram

FWD

Sharp

GAYLE 7.5mill

Mcgoldrick

MCBURNIE 8mill

MADINE undisclosed

This would be a 25 man squad (I think Brown is under21) and give us flexibility and strength. Not totally inspiring on paper but wilder would get a lot out of that squad. If one of those £5 million signings came off, it would pay for the rest. The only worry is that even at these conservative estimates, it totals up to 55 million and that’s without blowing the bank on a marquee signing, just getting the numbers in. I think we’re more likely to get a couple of Snodgrass/Danny Simpson signings over the younger, athletic modern footballer with a double barrelled surname because they’ll be cheaper and offer more experience. We’ll sign a lot of players with no resale value and it’ll eventually catch up with us. It’s probably still the right thing to do though and it’ll give us a better chance of staying up.

It’s a bit of a shame that we’ll miss out on some good young players, because of the rule change limiting the big boys hoarding all of the best young talent and loaning it out, there will be a lot of really good players available this summer that we could snipe. I’m not necessarily criticising the club’s approach here, just saying it’s a shame we aren’t a couple of years more established so we could take a risk on these players while they’re there.

Which ‘Brown’?

I also think that unfortunately some of these fees may be very optimistic.

Josh Dasilva at (sigh...) Brentford looks well worth keeping an eye on. Has just broke into their midfield and looks to have the full package.

Krystian Bielik at Arsenal (Charlton on loan) has great potential. RCB or CM, 6'2, agile and excellent on the ball. 21 years old.

Amari Bell stands out as good LWB competition. Just gone 25, year left on contract. Done well for Blackburn. Athletic, gets forward well.

Dwight Gayle is the definition of a player who is good in the Championship, but completely lacking in the ability for the top flight, like a modern-day Marcus Bent. He's also a diving twat who loves himself.

Josh Dasilva at (sigh...) Brentford looks well worth keeping an eye on. Has just broke into their midfield and looks to have the full package.

He was at Bristol City on loan from Chelsea, but I didn't notice the size of his package.

When Brighton went up they managed to sign Pascal Gross for £3m, that's the exact kind of player we need for the Duffy role. Do we have any experts on creative players from relegated Bundesliga sides who would be cheap, but brilliant? Failing that we could just try and sign Gross.

Dwight Gayle is the definition of a player who is good in the Championship, but completely lacking in the ability for the top flight, like a modern-day Marcus Bent. He's also a diving twat who loves himself.

Apart from the last sentence, ask any football fan and they will probably say the same about Billy Sharp. Sadly it's the market we are in. Tammy Abraham didn't exactly pull up any trees when he played for Swansea in the prem.

Players who score over 20 league goals in the championship arent going to be completely useless at the bottom of the division above if played in the right team and system.

Basically what I'm saying is we aren't signing any proven Premier league strikers and the best we can hope for is the best from the championship.

GK:

HENDERSON 8mill

Moore

Eastwood

DEF:

Baldock

BROWN 5mill

Basham

Egan

CHAMBERS 5mill

Joc

CLARKE/MINGS 3mill/6mill

Enda

DA SILVA loan

MID:

Norwood

FER free

Fleck

SAVILLE 6mill

Duffy

MOUNT loan

BENRAHMA 8mill

Lundstram

FWD

Sharp

GAYLE 7.5mill

Mcgoldrick

MCBURNIE 8mill

MADINE undisclosed

Some great suggestions and very few I disagree with but I suspect you'll have an issue financially - I wouldn't be surprised if you needed closer to £100m to land them all whereas CW is in all likelihood only going to have £20-25m at his disposal.

Back
Top Bottom