Player Suggestion Player Suggestion Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Since your days on BladesMad recommending Ryan Hall and Marlon King, your use of the search engine has improved immeasurably.

Hour and 15 minutes it took to think of that response. Great effort fellow Blade.

The search function is also available to you by the way. Might help stop you making an arse of yourself...

Adama Traore, an £18million capture from Middlesbrough, has found it difficult to break into the side on a regular basis and will also be made available for either a permanent move or a loan according to the Mirror.

Worth a punt, too expensive?
Wonder how much John Francis would fetch these days

Kieran Dowell and Mason Holgate for a combined £9m, surely that would seem like a great bit of business bearing in mind that covers: CAM, LWB, RCB and RWB.

One which I haven't heard suggested yet this summer. Derby's Jack Marriott anyone?

DWIGHT GAYLE probably played his last game for baggies sign him uppp

Coady??? Not a chance
Just from what i've heard from other people down yonder players like him and Doherty are already gonna be replaced next year as Wolves try and storm on. Plus we can always dream. :oops:

Just from what i've heard from other people down yonder players like him and Doherty are already gonna be replaced next year as Wolves try and storm on. Plus we can always dream. :oops:
He would be perfect at RCB but he’s wolves captain... he will be starting for wolves next season.

Much as I agree with a lot of the player suggestions most of the combined players (we need about 8 on my reckoning) to make up a 25 man squad sound more like we’re all picking for a fantasy footy team.

Could be a couple of marque signings in goal and attack but rest might be strong squad players from the lower leagues.

We can dream but it’s unlikely to be a reality any time soon.

Most important is backup/replacement for Duffy. It's so difficult to find someone who can play that role like him, especially on our budget. We've tried a couple in there (Woodburn, Dowell) and neither of them really took their chance. It's such a crucial position to how we play, but we would need to spend megabucks to get someone decent in.

Rather than replace Duffy this season we could use McGoldrick. I reckon he could do a good job there. And then we can concentrate our resources on bringing in the strikers, midfielders, defenders and goalie we need...the expensive no 10 can wait a bit. Perhaps...

GK:

HENDERSON 8mill

Moore

Eastwood

DEF:

Baldock

BROWN 5mill

Basham

MENSAH/TUANZABE/OXFORD 5mill

Egan

CHAMBERS 5mill

Joc

CLARKE/MINGS 3mill/6mill

Enda

DA SILVA loan

MID:

Norwood

FER free

Fleck

SAVILLE 6mill

Duffy

MOUNT loan

BENRAHMA 8mill

Lundstram

FWD

Sharp

GAYLE 7.5mill

Mcgoldrick

MCBURNIE 8mill

MADINE undisclosed

This would be a 25 man squad (I think Brown is under21) and give us flexibility and strength. Not totally inspiring on paper but wilder would get a lot out of that squad. If one of those £5 million signings came off, it would pay for the rest. The only worry is that even at these conservative estimates, it totals up to 55 million and that’s without blowing the bank on a marquee signing, just getting the numbers in. I think we’re more likely to get a couple of Snodgrass/Danny Simpson signings over the younger, athletic modern footballer with a double barrelled surname because they’ll be cheaper and offer more experience. We’ll sign a lot of players with no resale value and it’ll eventually catch up with us. It’s probably still the right thing to do though and it’ll give us a better chance of staying up.

It’s a bit of a shame that we’ll miss out on some good young players, because of the rule change limiting the big boys hoarding all of the best young talent and loaning it out, there will be a lot of really good players available this summer that we could snipe. I’m not necessarily criticising the club’s approach here, just saying it’s a shame we aren’t a couple of years more established so we could take a risk on these players while they’re there.

You're in absolute dreamland with those fees.

Rather than replace Duffy this season we could use McGoldrick.
I don't think it's ideal, but when you look at the going rate for players of that mould, maybe it's the best option. No point spending millions on a player who just makes up the numbers and doesn't do the job well enough.

I doubt we will sign many who are currently on PL wages, more likely younger Championship players who have the potential to step up and become future assets. A few that spring to mind that I haven't seen mentioned as much.

Joe Rodon
Paddy McNair
Moses Adubajo
Ben Osborn
Tom Carroll
Josh Brownhill
Callum Robinson

Andre Gray - Watford seems be having less game time.
He’s a good player and I’d have him here but Watford paid £18m for him and he is getting decent game time (28 appearances, 1300 mins).

I think he would cost £15m-£20m, whether we can afford that or not I don’t know.

When I look at the size of what these players fetch our huge new found premier league wealth looks tiny

I don't think it's ideal, but when you look at the going rate for players of that mould, maybe it's the best option. No point spending millions on a player who just makes up the numbers and doesn't do the job well enough.

Personally, I think McGoldrick could do the #10 role and tbh I was a little surprised he wasn't depliyed there more last season but shifting him to save money doesn't make sense to me as you'd then only have to recruit another striker, which are even more expensive.

Maupay and Mcgoldrick would work very well up front. I'd take Benrahma from Brentford too.

Kemar Roofe

If Leeds don't go up I reckon he'd be a smart signing. Someone who'd suit us and do well for us. Affordable with 1 year left on contract.

Versatile, athletic, hardworking, instinctive. Can play any attacking position, and even lead the line.

Would've comfortably had 20+ goals had he stayed fit.

He's back now, and scored in the play off semi yesterday. Got MOTM too.

Keep him fit, then at 26 his best is still to come.

Kemar Roofe

If Leeds don't go up I reckon he'd be a smart signing. Someone who'd suit us and do well for us. Affordable with 1 year left on contract.

Versatile, athletic, hardworking, instinctive. Can play any attacking position, and even lead the line.

Good shout. Having previously played wider, he's taken very well to the #9 and would therefore probably suit how Utd play. Quick, sharp and a decent finisher - he could well be an option should Leeds fail to get up.

Kemar Roofe

Bit of a prick though

I think Maupay would cost a heck of a lot for somebody who has only had one really good season in the Championship, and is obviously unproven at the level above. There's talk of £15m, which to me would be a pretty big gamble despite how good he has been this season.

Back
Top Bottom