Player contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why the hell would we offer contracts to as many as 14...... unless a number of youth players are included there

The only senior players we should consider retaining are Wes, Egan, Baldock, Bogle, RND, Norwood and McBurnie - so 7. If we don't waste time on the rest then we can focus on and account for this lot and have a better chance of agreeing deals

Why the hell would we offer contracts to as many as 14...... unless a number of youth players are included there

The only senior players we should consider retaining are Wes, Egan, Baldock, Bogle, RND, Norwood and McBurnie - so 7. If we don't waste time on the rest then we can focus on and account for this lot and have a better chance of agreeing deals
Surely it's time to release Ollie N & George ?

Great servants but even as back up they're limited as to their effectiveness now.

Don’t really want to lose Baldock but I’d be happy for him if he left and joined a Champions league Greek team.

Surely it's time to release Ollie N & George ?

Great servants but even as back up they're limited as to their effectiveness now.
Baldock is still crucial. Need to keep him, but if he wants to leave then fair enough

It would be a risk to release Norwood. He's still a good championship player and will be for a while yet. It does seem time for him to go, and if he wants to so be it, but like Baldock, he's one who guarantees a minimum standard from us in that league that should have us around the top 6

Of the 2 I'd be more willing to let Norwood go, because he needs the midfield building around him too much and we need to move away from that

I imagine that we will be bringing in a keeper If there is any truth in the rumour that Wes is on his way out due to the high wage demands in his contract negotiations!, and the club can't afford to pay it!!.

This is only a RUMOUR!, (which was being discussed by fans sat behind us at the last home game)

Baldock is still crucial. Need to keep him, but if he wants to leave then fair enough

It would be a risk to release Norwood. He's still a good championship player and will be for a while yet. It does seem time for him to go, and if he wants to so be it, but like Baldock, he's one who guarantees a minimum standard from us in that league that should have us around the top 6

Of the 2 I'd be more willing to let Norwood go, because he needs the midfield building around him too much and we need to move away from that

He is, particularly for the character he brings and setting the standards in the dressing room culture.
However, he's missing so much football every season now. It's only going to get worse.

Injuries are a concern with Baldock and yes he nearly cost us on his first game back but he's still crucial, and will be next season as long as he can start over 25 games or so. RCB may become a more permanent option for him, and may help his longevity

There'd have to be a very good replacement for me to consider letting him go

Injuries are a concern with Baldock and yes he nearly cost us on his first game back but he's still crucial, and will be next season as long as he can start over 25 games or so. RCB may become a more permanent option for him, and may help his longevity

There'd have to be a very good replacement for me to consider letting him go
Never will be a first choice starting RCB for any top two division club

I would imagine that discussions are ongoing all the time in fairness and it's Nixon's job to report but at the same token I don't think that it's surprising in the current era that players don't want to accept the first offer from the club. Several won't attract better offers I wouldn't imagine. The likes of Bristol City and Preston will be likely alternatives to Fleck for example but Egan, Baldock and Bogle will certainly have decent alternatives.

We must keep Bogle in my view given his age and form. I'm 50/50 on Norwood, depends on what league we're in. Baldock is still decent but is becoming more injury prone. McBurnie maybe injury prone but he's only 27 and is a useful player, I'd like to see him given a new contract for sure.

No guarantees, but if we are going down the route of young players, I do like the athleticism of Osula, Oné and Jebbison.

Yes it will be a shame to lose Archer, but it’s not as if the cupboard is bare.

I don’t see him getting many games this season though with Brereton-Diaz, Archer and co already in the mix.

Perhaps next year the forward options are already in place - Jebbison, Osula, Brewster and perhaps McBurnie (who I can imagine Wilder is a fan of) plus Oné and Marsh are emerging talents.

Numbers-wise it seems decent for a 46 game season.

It all depends how well some of them kick on, doesn’t it?

For those who suggest Wilder won’t give young lads his backing; I’ve seen this on twitter for instance, he’s clearly happy with Brooks and Arblaster as midfield options and has been supportive of Osula and Jebbo, just now. If we are in for the Irish right fullback then there is already a rejuvenation of half the outfield options potentially.

Bogle, Arblaster, Jebbo, RND have to get tied down asap. The rest is a mixed bag of not worth it/might be worth having around.

How we let some of the youngsters contracts get this close is criminal. Even if Jebbo doesn't make it as a PL striker, he easily commands enough value to be worth signing him up. Coulibaly and Brewster are the only 2 on that list of youngsters that aren't worth keeping about the place.

Out of that lot I genuinely would only keep RND and possibly Bogle although with Seriki and Curtis due to break through, possibly not. McBurnie can go for me, he is injury prone and loves a card, he also encourages us to play hoof....plus 24 goals in 138 isn't exactly prolific...

After that why on earth would we retain 4 players, (Wes, (33) Norwood, (32) Bladock (31) and Egan (31) who are already in their 30's when we are supposed to be bringing through the youth? The "old guard" need moving on, it is time for change....

Out of that lot I genuinely would only keep RND and possibly Bogle although with Seriki and Curtis due to break through, possibly not. McBurnie can go for me, he is injury prone and loves a card, he also encourages us to play hoof....plus 24 goals in 138 isn't exactly prolific...

After that why on earth would we retain 4 players, (Wes, (33) Norwood, (32) Bladock (31) and Egan (31) who are already in their 30's when we are supposed to be bringing through the youth? The "old guard" need moving on, it is time for change....
I posted that over 2 months back. Obviously Wes is going, rightly so. Norwood I would release for sure, with the youth coming through. Baldock should probably go, due to recurring injuries. Egan might be the one to keep, depending on his recovery and wage demands. Choosing to lose McBurnie would be mad

Bogle, Arblaster, Jebbo, RND have to get tied down asap. The rest is a mixed bag of not worth it/might be worth having around.

How we let some of the youngsters contracts get this close is criminal. Even if Jebbo doesn't make it as a PL striker, he easily commands enough value to be worth signing him up. Coulibaly and Brewster are the only 2 on that list of youngsters that aren't worth keeping about the place.
I to can not understand the club allowing talented young players getting so near the end of their contracts . Allowing other clubs to poach them for next to nothing is hard to understand especially when we have no cash to buy players of quality to step in .

Like this graphic 😍

For me….

Release - Lowe, Norwood, Foderingham, Amissah, Coulibaly, Basham, Baldock

Probably Keep - Osborn (Utility Squad filler), Davies (No.2)

Keep - Arblaster, Jebbison, Bogle, RND (subject to fitness in next few months)

Seemingly contentious one, but whether we like him or not, McBurnie would have a glut of suitors in the Championship - and possibly a couple of PL teams (Squad player / Lump it plan B).
For all his faults, we would be idiotic to release him.

We’ve been needing a reset for a couple of years. Time is right.

Like this graphic 😍

For me….

Seemingly contentious one, but whether we like him or not, McBurnie would have a glut of suitors in the Championship - and possibly a couple of PL teams (Squad player / Lump it plan B).

What's your view on Egan?

Like this graphic 😍

For me….

Not going to claim credit - saw it on Twitter

From this, we need to extend (in order of priority):

Blaster, Jebbo, RND, Bogle, McBurnie, Egan, Baldock, Amissah. The rest as far as I'm concerned can get thanks and good luck in their future endeavours, I would not hate an extension for Coulibaly or Lowe if there was a way for them to either get instant first team football or that it allows us to sell them for a fee that is more than a one year deal would cost but I'm not sure that is the case in either spot

Like this graphic 😍

For me….

None of the ones you would keep will sign the new contract... 15 players in total won't sign it. Rumoured to be a 40% wage cut..

None of the ones you would keep will sign the new contract... 15 players in total won't sign it. Rumoured to be a 40% wage cut..
They'd be stupid If the 40% cut you quote is correct..

They're all free transfers, and a basic guess at values you'd say mcburnie is 5m all day long at his age, so the club that signs him gets a 5m player for free, however he gets a cut of that reflected in his new pay deal, he'd likely be on 45k - 50k a week plus bonuses on a 3 year deal, when he went to court he declared his earnings at 20k a week, so, he'd be on more than double his current wages.

Egan, Boldock, and Wes will be in the same boat, the riches of the premier league that lundstram wanted he got by becoming a free agent, seems they've all taken note...

All 4 that I mention I would keep if possible, at least a year and maybe 2...

Ermmm except its not OUR decision, its Mcb's...

If Mcburnie, Egan and Baldock dont want to sign new contracts as is strongly rumoured.... what can we do 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom