Player contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’re just letting all contracts run down and then we’ll close the club.

I thought the Prince's response to the question in his interview was a silly thing to say, even if that's what he believed. If I was Baldock, Egan or even McBurnie I'd be pissed off at the suggestion that I didn't really try until I was into the last 12 months of my contract.
Agreed. It's simple, players who our in the starting 11 who aren't just filling in or have future potential; Egan, Baldock and McBurnie should have deals tied up and sorted already. Others who are aging out or squad players you can leave until the end of the season.

I guarantee you that Egan (who I believe is definitely PL standard) has been touted to other clubs by his agent already and could easily get more money elsewhere. If we dwell on his contract, he leaves for nothing.

For Abdullah it’s just like playing fantasy football, taking silly risks and making decisions that no one in their right mind would make. Only a lot of fan pressure can force him out. He will not give up on his favourite toy unless for a ridiculous amount of money which no one with a sense for business will pay.

Agreed. It's simple, players who our in the starting 11 who aren't just filling in or have future potential; Egan, Baldock and McBurnie should have deals tied up and sorted already. Others who are aging out or squad players you can leave until the end of the season.

I guarantee you that Egan (who I believe is definitely PL standard) has been touted to other clubs by his agent already and could easily get more money elsewhere. If we dwell on his contract, he leaves for nothing.
Yes., and I think the Prince's reply to that question should have been to blame the financial pressures last season and the need to focus on new bodies now but go on to say that we'd be sitting down to out some new contracts out once this was out of the way. We also need to have a policy on young players where the most promising ones are offered a years extension each season. For instance, in Jebbo's case we gave him a great 4 year contract at first but have got into a situation where he only has 12 months remaining.

I thought the Prince's response to the question in his interview was a silly thing to say, even if that's what he believed. If I was Baldock, Egan or even McBurnie I'd be pissed off at the suggestion that I didn't really try until I was into the last 12 months of my contract.
The American sport analogy only works to a small group of players who you’re 50/50 on whether they’ll do enough to earn a new deal, and be grateful.

This can be said to apply to Osborn, Fleck, arguably Robinson and would have applied to Stevens and Sharp.

It absolutely does not apply to Baldock and Egan who are key assets that you don’t want disturbing and nor does it apply to younger players who you expect to grow rapidly like Jebbison and Osula who need to be on long deals.

I may be wrong but the concept of large fees between clubs doesn’t really exist in the US. It’s more about who is prepared to pay the highest salary to the player and whether you’ll swap draft picks for further recruitment.

So apart from a small subset of players who probably couldn’t get better and tread the margins of stay and go, it’s a daft idea that largely does not apply for the good of he club.

Hopefully once the window has closed and we know what players are still here, they'll sign new deals being offered.

Surely this is the plan in September?

Apart from Anel (2026) and Brewster (2025), every player is out of contract in 2024 😳 That's nearly 20 odd players, I never even realised we took this much of a step back from contracts.

Whatever division we're in next season, it's a huge rebuilding job.
Not as bad now..

Anel
Robinson
Trusty
Slimane
Hamer
Souza
Davies
Traore
Archer
Brewster

Circus. Fucking circus. It is staggering that anyone can still defend the Prince.

He's a charlatan who isn't up to the job of running a football club and never has been.
Why do you think he is running the club rather than the board ?
No doubt he controls additional finance and has a say.
There is no evidence that he is a charlatan in the correct usage of that word.

Maybe the club want to see major improvement on u21’s rather than just hand out contracts because they’re in the last year. Left field l know……
It would be somewhere way past left field ro allow the likes of Arblaster, Marsh, Osula and Jebbison to run down their contracts. Can't think of any other word than stupid. (Assuming of course they are all in their last year and we're not actively trying, albeit it late in the day, to get them on new deals).

Zero point having an academy if you don't do everything in your power to protect potential like that.

Maybe the club want to see major improvement on u21’s rather than just hand out contracts because they’re in the last year. Left field l know……

As Paul’s job is actually head of football operations and not just the manager, you wokld have thought he would have the final say on which of the players got renewed, especially the youngsters. This is his remit. Yet you seem to fall on the side of the board and not the football management constantly.

I sincerely hope that following the transfer deadline day passing, thoughts immediately turn to negotiations with existing players and new contracts for some. The young lads, and the ones who are mainstays in our first team being priority. We have a 3 month window now before January when soon to be out of contract players can then start negotiating with other clubs. We need to get a handle on this now not just wait and think 'it'll be reight'.

As Paul’s job is actually head of football operations and not just the manager, you wokld have thought he would have the final say on which of the players got renewed, especially the youngsters. This is his remit. Yet you seem to fall on the side of the board and not the football management constantly.

“Side of the board” ? Against who in this case?

Unless you’re suggesting the board is preventing PH offering contracts to these - largely unproven young players, your post makes no sense.

I said “club” meaning the whole set up. I’d have said board if that’s what l meant.

It would be somewhere way past left field ro allow the likes of Arblaster, Marsh, Osula and Jebbison to run down their contracts. Can't think of any other word than stupid. (Assuming of course they are all in their last year and we're not actively trying, albeit it late in the day, to get them on new deals).

Zero point having an academy if you don't do everything in your power to protect potential like that.

I’d imagine the priority has been to get players in over the last few weeks.

It’s September, unless anyone knows that these issues are 100% not being looked at there are four months to go before the next window. Maybe that time will be spent on this, possibly watching these players and their development. Not really an IN/SB situation but l suppose if pushing a board v manager agenda it fits the bill.

Still, l suppose if you know for a fact that they are being allowed to run down their contracts.

As per radio fucking silence on contract renewal talks regarding first team or academy players. Gross fucking negligence unless we believe we can negotiate with nearly 20+ concurrently ⚔️

We've signed players, guess they need something else to moan about.

A LOT of these players need to be replaced, we need to know what division we are in to decide whether they make the grade going forward.

1693560624939.png

“Side of the board” ? Against who in this case?

Unless you’re suggesting the board is preventing PH offering contracts to these - largely unproven young players, your post makes no sense.

I said “club” meaning the whole set up. I’d have said board if that’s what l meant.

I think the managers views are quite evident

I think the managers views are quite evident
You’ve said it’s his remit. You. So are you saying he’s being prevented from negotiating new contracts?

Where’s Schrieber, head of football administration in all this? Is he still here?

Anything on the rest of my post?

I’d imagine the priority has been to get players in over the last few weeks.

It’s September, unless anyone knows that these issues are 100% not being looked at there are four months to go before the next window. Maybe that time will be spent on this, possibly watching these players and their development. Not really an IN/SB situation but l suppose if pushing a board v manager agenda it fits the bill.

Still, l suppose if you know for a fact that they are being allowed to run down their contracts.

I don't know that for a fact - hence the bit of my post saying "assuming...".

I can buy that we've had other priorities in the last few weeks. I struggle with us having other priorities for the last 12 months+.

All hypothetical but from the outside looking in and based on some assumptions that may or may not be correct, I think the board are getting this horribly wrong. You obviously don't and that, of course, is fine.

Is there a full list anywhere of the players with less than 1 year on their contract?

yes pal 17 will be out of contract which is the most in the prem but not ridiculously more than others and we have been actively trying to lower the age of our squad (Bash and Fleck were given one year extensions I think)
28 - 17 = 11 therefore we'll be fine next season as long as no one gets injured and we don't need any subs 👍

Back
Top Bottom