Match Thread Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg: Nottingham Forest v. Sheffield United - 17th May 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NOTF
NOTF
NOTF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1652612107851.png V. 1652612123898.png
Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - Tuesday 17th May 2022 - 19:45 - City Ground
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/nottingham-forest-vs-sheffield-united.603/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Dan Cook
Fourth Official: Graham Scott

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1652612088730.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (TO BE UPDATED):

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 11.53.06.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

If we somehow win this it would be something else .Forest fans basically booking there tickets for Wembley and think it’s a full gone conclusion.

Guess they deserve to be confident, but they are talking like the home leg is a celebratory testimonial.

I think we will overturn the defecit. If we get an early goal and even it up, I can see it affecting their performance and the momentum then swings in our favour.
Had we not scored in added time at home though, I wouldn't have thought we had a prayer.

Genuinely quietly confident for some unknown reason.

I think we are very undeserving to be in the final and for that reason, we probably will cause an upset and piss everyone off.

Hecky has to do something he hasn’t done previously during his time here and show he’s actually got a plan B.

We can’t go into this one with exactly the same game plan and expect a different result. We can’t throw caution to the wind as conceding early would kill the tie off but we need to go there and win so it’s going to take a level of tactical know how I’m not convinced he has.

I really hope I’m wrong, if we go through from this position after everyone has written us off it’d be AMAZING!!!

Who knows, maybe that late goal on Saturday could be the biggest goal of the season?

Hecky has to do something he hasn’t done previously during his time here and show he’s actually got a plan B.

We can’t go into this one with exactly the same game plan and expect a different result. We can’t throw caution to the wind as conceding early would kill the tie off but we need to go there and win so it’s going to take a level of tactical know how I’m not convinced he has.

I really hope I’m wrong, if we go through from this position after everyone has written us off it’d be AMAZING!!!

Who knows, maybe that late goal on Saturday could be the biggest goal of the season?
He will change nothing we are so bloody predictable
I said before the home game wing backs was key and I was right they played with intensity throughout and energy we couldn’t match . then sat deep we troubled them little and they were happy to let us play in front of them until they got the ball then just opened us up
Heart says we will overcome our deficit head says game over by 30 minutes

Doubt we will change anything he hasn't done before. Just got to hope we actually turn up this time

We had an off day, exceptionally frustrating as things didn't come off and mistakes made. Forest were better but a lot of their ins were more to do with our slips or AWOL defence, on another day it would be been a tighter game, and even now there is only a goal in it.

Its a difficult task now our home advantage has gone but we have to try to use that in our favour... get an early goal and frustrate? Play on the break? Crap teams have come to the Lane this season and done it to us.

Extra time could be problematic for us, due to lack of game changers on the bench. Other than Hourihan, we've got 2 youth strikers and 3 defenders. Hopefully it won't come down to that.

We had an off day, exceptionally frustrating as things didn't come off and mistakes made. Forest were better but a lot of their ins were more to do with our slips or AWOL defence, on another day it would be been a tighter game, and even now there is only a goal in it.

Its a difficult task now our home advantage has gone but we have to try to use that in our favour... get an early goal and frustrate? Play on the break? Crap teams have come to the Lane this season and done it to us.
The problem I have is that I just can’t see Forest not scoring tomorrow night.

Ps/ please feel free to pull this post back up and run my face in it if we do pull off a famous win.😁

Forest are the obvious favourites having played better on Saturday, having the lead, having home advantage...... But this is the Championship and this is the playoffs....

(and this is Sheffield United)

Extra time could be problematic for us, due to lack of game changers on the bench. Other than Hourihan, we've got 2 youth strikers and 3 defenders. Hopefully it won't come down to that.
Right now I'd probably snap your hand off to take it to extra time... But you're definitely right... They'll have a huge advantage if it went that far because we'd be knackered with nobody worth bringing on. We'd 100% be better off gambling on an injury time winner IF in that scenario.

when all said and done the deficit is just one goal
we could have been brilliant on Saturday and lost due to a slip ,,,, but in honesty we were poor
Tomorrow is as always though another day

we have capable players who can play much better. Tuesday could change their careers if they really want it to

Any Blades going to Nottingham without tickets? I’m travelling to Lincoln during the day and depending on times I may stop off in Nottingham to watch it with some fellow Blades..

There have been several sides / managers this season who have been astute enough to ensure Oli Norwood has been almost completely ineffective and, when he isn’t effective, he borders on being a liability.

Forest are one of those sides I am afraid and have Oli’s number !!

Granted he was v good recently vs both QPR and Fulham and it would be a brave man to leave him out tomorrow.

Fortune favours the brave 👍.

UTB

Been convinced for a while this is Forest's year and thought they would pip Bornmuff.

Hoped they would because of it.

That said, we have to take the positives and from what could have been a hammering and a procession second leg, the late goal put a different slant on it.

If there is a twist it will be an unbelievable buzz come tomorrow night.

Sadly though I just don't see it.

The reason behind it:

That reason is bollocks. It might be legally enforceable but it's still bollocks.

Can we trademark UNITeD before tomorrow to troll them?

Back
Top Bottom