Osborn gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The poll on here suggests that a majority wants Wilder gone, and I suspect that majority would grow significantly if we had new ownership so I don’t think its necessarily bad news.
Just depends who they replace him with? I was laughing with a mate yesterday as I imagined our new Yank owner doing the presser with Rooney in a few weeks.

Just depends who they replace him with? I was laughing with a mate yesterday as I imagined our new Yank owner doing the presser with Rooney in a few weeks.
Yes. Exactly the same applies to the new owner. Plenty on here also want the Prince out regardless of who comes next. Both need to go for the club to be able to move forward in a positive direction but we could easily end up with worse owners & managers.

New owners decision doesn’t look good for Wilder

Attachments

• IMG_9351.jpeg
    IMG_9351.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
You have to think that if the story the that the prospective new owners have intervened with Osborn…. then that also massively undermines Wilder just as much. Not sure that is a good sign for him to keep his job if new owners are genuinely close enough to a deal to be influencing contracts.

How do you know they haven't said there will be an increased war chest and with that in mind we'll let Wilder decide if he still wants to keep Ozzy 👀

How do you know they haven't said there will be an increased war chest and with that in mind we'll let Wilder decide if he still wants to keep Ozzy 👀
If the question is we're going to make more money available to you to strengthen the team, what are you going to do with it? I'm not sure how Ben Osborn ever becomes the answer.

If the question is we're going to make more money available to you to strengthen the team, what are you going to do with it? I'm not sure how Ben Osborn ever becomes the answer.

Exactly.

Hence there could be a perfectly simple answer which doesn't involve some evil plan by the potential new owners to undermine Wilder.

A limited player with a big heart and good work ethic. If half the team last season had shown his enthusiasm for playing for SUFC we may not be in the position we are in now. Unfortunately despite him being a model professional and having above average intelligence for a football player his lack of physique and athleticism let him down. The two main attributes required to play at a higher level. Managers loved his attitude but he was never a number 10 as PH thought. Nor was he the answer to our left side midfield problems. He did well on occasions at wing back but was inconsistent and injuries began to occur too frequently.

I was one of his biggest critics as he constantly checked back when in possession choosing the defensive option rather than moving the ball forward but he won me around this season simply because he looked like he cared when so many others didn't.

I'm not going to buy into the view that his contract extension was over ruled by a prospective new owner because we are months way from any takeover. More I suspect his injury record has caught up with him. Wish him well for the future, will do well for a lower championship club like Derby.
This takeover is closer to the finish line than months away my friend

Ok - so this may be complete bollocks but I’ve posted before about us apparently being very keen on Joe Worrall in January from Forest who was a key target for Wilder & the fact that it was Forest who effectively stopped it the last minute. This came from a work colleague who is a big Forest fan & who is very well connected down there (Worrall was fuming at this apparently). So for the last few weeks he was telling me that he remained a target for Wilder this summer as long as Forest were’nt relegated - even as recently as last weekend. Well today he’s telling me that everything has now cooled from us and apparently Forest have been told by us that we no longer have any immediate interest in Worrall.

I’m surprised at this as it all stacked up from before about Wilder wanting leaders in the team & I think he would have been good for us (as did my Forest work mate). So much as I continue to be doubtful about this takeover rumour…..the ‘Retained List’ delay, the Osborn rumours & now this tell me something is going on……Good or Bad….. I guess the next couple of weeks will tell us more.

Ok - so this may be complete bollocks but I’ve posted before about us apparently being very keen on Joe Worrall in January from Forest who was a key target for Wilder & the fact that it was Forest who effectively stopped it the last minute. This came from a work colleague who is a big Forest fan & who is very well connected down there (Worrall was fuming at this apparently). So for the last few weeks he was telling me that he remained a target for Wilder this summer as long as Forest were’nt relegated - even as recently as last weekend. Well today he’s telling me that everything has now cooled from us and apparently Forest have been told by us that we no longer have any immediate interest in Worrall.

I’m surprised at this as it all stacked up from before about Wilder wanting leaders in the team & I think he would have been good for us (as did my Forest work mate). So much as I continue to be doubtful about this takeover rumour…..the ‘Retained List’ delay, the Osborn rumours & now this tell me something is going on……Good or Bad….. I guess the next couple of weeks will tell us more.

IF and it's a big IF, there are new wealthy owners on the immediate horizon, then all plans that have been made, for the last couple of years, are probably being torn up.

Everyone in football knows how skint we are (were?) so wheeling and dealing would, 100 %, be the order of the day. Looking for bargains, taking risks on maybe players etc. would have been the plan. IF there's money now, the market we're shopping in has completely changed. IF ...

#SchrodingerFC

If the standard unit of time that we work to is "Daniel Jebbison contract to be signed in the next 72 hours," which is 3 weeks so far, then how close are we? 48 hours Daniel Jebbison contract?

Last edited:
Can only think this is due to being injury related, for the club to U turn after offering an extension is odd . I’ve no issues with Osborn , might be limited in ability but always put a shift in . Every squad needs a utility player with injuries & suspensions you get over a season & he’s done his bit .
GLTTL ⚔️

View attachment 183903

That's £45.4M without including Archer. Have I missed something?

With most of these having returned to their respective Clubs!, hopefully from Souza down to Grbic (maybe Davies, too!) can be sold/loaned out, freeing up wages/money which could be used to bring better players into the team. Though it will be undeniably difficult to find clubs that are as big a set of mugs as our is, to take on players as poor as these.

A conversation I overheard last night!, according to a member of SUFC U21's staff, before last nights game. Osborn has turned down the contract offer in order to join Conor Hourihane as a player/coach somewhere!, but I didn't hear a club name mentioned!??. GLTTL
No doubt the actual facts will eventually become know.

With most of these having returned to their respective Clubs!, hopefully from Souza down to Grbic (maybe Davies, too!) can be sold/loaned out, freeing up wages/money which could be used to bring better players into the team. Though it will be undeniably difficult to find clubs that are as big a set of mugs as our is, to take on players as poor as these.

A conversation I overheard last night!, according to a member of SUFC U21's staff, before last nights game. Osborn has turned down the contract offer in order to join Conor Hourihane as a player/coach somewhere!, but I didn't hear a club name mentioned!??. GLTTL
Player/coach at 29 is a bit unusual.

I agree. Just a snippet of conversation that I overheard.
I'm not disputing what you heard, it's just a bit odd. Players normally become player/coaches towards the end of their careers when they know they're winding down and will have limited playing time due to age. 29 is a very odd age as he should have at least another 5 years left in him. Very odd indeed.

Sale price to be agreed.
Deposit and due diligence to occur.
Contracts to be agreed and signed.
Owners and Directors test to be ratified by the EFL.

Unless you can tell me we are well advanced down the road with any of these I'll keep to my prediction of months. If you are saying an agreement for a sale in principle is close then you may be right based on recent media musings.

If the rumour about him going to Rangers is true it could be an excellent move for both him and Rangers. They will be swapping one ex-United player (Lundsram) for one who will always give 100%.

You have to think that if the story the that the prospective new owners have intervened with Osborn…. then that also massively undermines Wilder just as much. Not sure that is a good sign for him to keep his job if new owners are genuinely close enough to a deal to be influencing contracts.
Why would they intervene re Ozzie ?

Honest question

Yes. Exactly the same applies to the new owner. Plenty on here also want the Prince out regardless of who comes next. Both need to go for the club to be able to move forward in a positive direction but we could easily end up with worse owners & managers.
Pls don’t say that 😞

Out of interest if the club have a 1 year contract extension option ( not the player) how does said player turn it down? I thought the option lied with the club not the player?

Still time after a disastrous spell at Plymouth - I still remember us taking on Bryan Robson and can go back to other great players being our useless manager - David Weir, Adrian Heath spring to mind - not forgetting Martin Peters (showing my age now) 🙈

Finding it hard to get all the love for Osborn on here admittedly he give 100% but skill wise poor playing him in the Premiership was laughable do a good job for a L1 club.
Good luck to him anyway.

I thought the Blades way is that we are more concerned with things like trying, being a leader and everything else apart from being good at football? GLTTL, have to laugh at the number of people going on about injury proneness as if that is a thing

Out of interest if the club have a 1 year contract extension option ( not the player) how does said player turn it down? I thought the option lied with the club not the player?
Depends on the terms of the contract. It could include appearance clauses that have not been met but both parties have to agree the terms. It was intimated Osborn signed a new contract this year at a reduced wage. If we are just offering extending the current contract rate by 1 Year then I suspect he may have other offers in the pipeline that are more attractive.

Why would they intervene re Ozzie ?

Honest question
For the life of me I can’t imagine a new owner negotiating a if you re-sign Osborn then we are out of here. Maybe it’s something a bit more straightforward like his injury at the end of the season caused a change of heart.

Still time after a disastrous spell at Plymouth - I still remember us taking on Bryan Robson and can go back to other great players being our useless manager - David Weir, Adrian Heath spring to mind - not forgetting Martin Peters (showing my age now) 🙈
Adrian Heath was never a great player……

True - although I’d argue comparing his player skills to his managerial skills he’s up there with Messi & Ronaldo 🥳
At one of Kendals last meet the fans do’s the little dwarf twat assured me Kendal wasn’t leaving. Lying bastard he was.

Back
Top Bottom