Osborn gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osborn was a tryer and that's something we like to see. Outside of that he simply wasn't good enough. Too small, not fast enough, no preferred position, not strong enough, not big enough, and latterly, injury prone.

I'd have moved him on at the end of last season, as he isn't good enough for the EPL.

Not sorry to see him go, but he seems a nice bloke and he tries hard, so hope he finds a good club.

Is the real reason Osborne has been released is really because he's asked to be made available to sign for Derby? And not this idiotic theory that our prospective new owners (cough... cough) have been meddling in our retained list?

Dunno what’s more concerning, new owners meddling or they’re more skint than the prince and baulking at Ozzy’s contract.

Don’t buy it’s them. Got to be linked to his injury v spurs.

The club had an option to extend Osborn's contract for 12 months on his current, PL wages. The club decided instead of keeping him on high wages for 12 months they would rather he sign a new longer term deal on a lower wage. Ben says no thanks. Could go back and activate the 12 month option or could just let him go and save the money.

Probably gets ran by prospective new owners who come to the same agreement as the club.

This is what I think most likely happened. A lot of noise was made over various players we had options on about extending for longer

The club had an option to extend Osborn's contract for 12 months on his current, PL wages. The club decided instead of keeping him on high wages for 12 months they would rather he sign a new longer term deal on a lower wage. Ben says no thanks. Could go back and activate the 12 month option or could just let him go and save the money.

Probably gets ran by prospective new owners who come to the same agreement as the club.

This is what I think most likely happened. A lot of noise was made over various players we had options on about extending for longer
Any prospective new owners wouldn't get involved in this in my opinion.
No contracts signed so no influence Wilder or Osborne are the movers in this ! Take your pick same outcome!

Is the real reason Osborne has been released is really because he's asked to be made available to sign for Derby? And not this idiotic theory that our prospective new owners (cough... cough) have been meddling in our retained list?
If its anything to do with the "prospective new buyers" Wilder will be going as well 😆

With most of these having returned to their respective Clubs!, hopefully from Souza down to Grbic (maybe Davies, too!) can be sold/loaned out, freeing up wages/money which could be used to bring better players into the team. Though it will be undeniably difficult to find clubs that are as big a set of mugs as our is, to take on players as poor as these.

A conversation I overheard last night!, according to a member of SUFC U21's staff, before last nights game. Osborn has turned down the contract offer in order to join Conor Hourihane as a player/coach somewhere!, but I didn't hear a club name mentioned!??. GLTTL
No doubt the actual facts will eventually become know.
I did hear Hourihane to Barnsley so maybe he joins him there?

Only if Wilder is still Manager. More likely he’s already spoken to Derby Co as per rumours down there.

Why would they intervene re Ozzie ?

Honest question
Maybe because they've watched him and realised that he can't command a starting place at left back or in midfield and has failed to do so in the 5 seasons that he's been with us.

Maybe they've come to the conclusion that he's an average player and they harbour ambitions to improve the first team with players who will actually hold down a starting place and play.

Maybe they view him for what he is because they're not tainted by red and white spec biase.

Okay, so Osborn is a good squad player, but if we're working to a specific budget then maybe we can no longer afford to waste wages on players like Osborn. If we are to move forward as a football club then players like Osborn are not what we need. We need good first team players, not average squad players.

Maybe because they've watched him and realised that he can't command a starting place at left back or in midfield and has failed to do so in the 5 seasons that he's been with us.

Maybe they've come to the conclusion that he's an average player and they harbour ambitions to improve the first team with players who will actually hold down a starting place and play.

Maybe they view him for what he is because they're not tainted by red and white spec biase.

Okay, so Osborn is a good squad player, but if we're working to a specific budget then maybe we can no longer afford to waste wages on players like Osborn. If we are to move forward as a football club then players like Osborn are not what we need. We need good first team players, not average squad players.
You n me would take a view -

The manager would certainly take a view

a multimillion takeover bid / prospective owner / consortium - nar , don’t be daft .

I’ve have been involved in purchasing cos as an MD for many years - I didnt want to know who the canteen staff were

Put it this way

If they are drilling down to that extent then the deal is almost cast iron and agreements are in place to review talent and playing stock .

If it isn’t done then expect it to go on for ever if they need this much detail .

Last edited:
You n me would take a view -

The manager would certainly take a view

a multimillion takeover bid / prospective owner / consortium - nar , don’t be daft .

I’ve have been involved in purchasing cos as an MD for many years - I didnt want to know who the canteen staff were
Exactly right, the idea that a prospective multi millionaire consortium would get involved in offering a squad player a short contract is frankly ludicrous.

Exactly right, the idea that a prospective multi millionaire consortium would get involved in offering a squad player a short contract is frankly ludicrous.
Absolutely

Ridiculous

I think Osborn was seeking first team assurances and the lad was probably disappointed with the answer…My theory is that Derby have shown him a bit of leg and spiked his interest…I think this new owner malarkey is a load of bollocks.

I'm hearing that too, but very second, third, fourth hand.
Tbf it's been doing the rounds a good while. Even some Derby fans I got chatting with on a train a while back mentioned they'd heard it at their end.

Back
Top Bottom