CONFIRMED Oliver Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OK.

Assuming he comes in.

Would I be right in saying that one of ON, PC and JF would miss out in the 11 ?

Or does it signify a longer term shift towards a flatter midfield, thus dispensing with the “Duffy” role ??

UTB

OK.

Assuming he comes in.

Or does it signify a longer term shift towards a flatter midfield, thus dispensing with the “Duffy” role ??

UTB

Or does it allow for Fleck to play a more advanced role in the hope of being an added goal threat.

OK.

Assuming he comes in.

UTB

I think probably the latter. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to to that, but it is absolutely dependent on having the right players in those roles and up front if it’s to work. A 3 of ON, PC and JF looks potentially first-choice if ON signs and PC can regain his match fitness.

An awful home shirt with a horrible-looking sponsor, an off-centre number, and the lettering unevenly spaced? Think I’ll keep hold of my money :)

I might have got one had Flo's fellow Norweigan Jan Aage still being in his prime! Now he was a forward!

I might have got one had Flo's fellow Norweigan Jan Aage still being in his prime! Now he was a forward!

He might well have been a forward, but you simply can’t beat the value-for-money bargain that was the 12 FLO letter/number combo that adorned my navy away kit with green/purple diagonal stripe.

OK.

Assuming he comes in.

UTB

If we don’t play an attacking midfielder, then where would that leave Woodburn? Or would be looking at playing him behind a lone striker?

If we don’t play an attacking midfielder, then where would that leave Woodburn? Or would be looking at playing him behind a lone striker?
Some suggestions Fleck could do this, I’d tend to agree this could be viable.

As would Woody off Leon up top.

Or the more usual front two.

Someone is going to be cheesed off with his pitch time.

I know where my money is in this regard ;)

UTB

We might end up playing something like a
3511 with one striker and someone in the hole with the 3 lads in midfield.

Which could work well if the two up top are joined by runners from midfield

Anyone (if anyone) who bought the new shirt with Evans on the back must be gutted!

That would be most unfortunate. Nearly as unfortunate as the infamous lettering disaster that was my summer 2002 decision ahead of uni to get 39 ONUORA on the back, convinced that I was that he would be an inspired signing, reforging the successful partnership he had at Gillingham with Asaba. This was disastrous for several reasons:
  • Onuora turned out to be quite shit
  • Onuora broke his leg in his 8th game for us
  • Onuora’s lack of popularity prior to that led to some very uncomfortable moments at matches where fans raged against him and then noticed the shirt I was wearing
  • Onuora’s shirt for some games with us was actually misspelt as Onoura, making it look as though the person that had the misspelt shirt was me
Luckily, some quick-thinking on my part prior to the leg-break (specifically, after the derby loss in his 2nd month) led to me successfully selling this on eBay for about 90% of it’s purchase price to a Gillingham-based Unitedite – who was aware of the stature Onuora was held in around his area, but seemingly completely unaware of the growing anti-Onuora sentiment back in Sheffield.

I never again got a name & number without first seeing the player in question in a United shirt, and ditched the practice altogether following the 2007 relegation.

It won’t be Oliver Norwood. He’ll sign for Hull. And why is it that Wigan call at 5pm deadline day and get the deal done by hook or crook, but we are always left stewing. A lot can happen between now and Monday - I can foresee another grumpy CW interview.

It won’t be Oliver Norwood. He’ll sign for Hull. And why is it that Wigan call at 5pm deadline day and get the deal done by hook or crook, but we are always left stewing. A lot can happen between now and Monday - I can foresee another grumpy CW interview.
I think his two targets are sorted. It might not be Norwood but it's who he wants. The striker on the other hand God only knows.
He said he wants better than what he's been previously offered (by agents) so he won't be "settling".

I think his two targets are sorted. It might not be Norwood but it's who he wants. The striker on the other hand God only knows.
He said he wants better than what he's been previously offered (by agents) so he won't be "settling".

This is United we’re talking about here, nothing is sorted until the contract is signed. But at least it's a bit of positivity.

We might end up playing something like a
3511 with one striker and someone in the hole with the 3 lads in midfield.

Which could work well if the two up top are joined by runners from midfield

We've been trying to play that for at least a dozen games and it hasn't worked yet.

Not a chance. They’ve no desire for anything good to happen at the club they claim to support.

What a fucking shower of single-celled ‘fans’ we have...
Pinchy, this mission you appear to be on to denigrate a large proportion of our fans may or may not carry some truth, but where you go wrong in my opinion is in appearing to believe that the traits you speak of are traits found only on the fans of SUFC.
I promise you ALL clubs have fans carrying the same traits. It's just a microcosm of human nature, including you, and me.

The problem seems to be due to being in league one for so long it's called paranoid fans fear us slipping back into league .one and the thought of it sends lots over the top.
We are along way off that but those 6 years are still fresh in the memory,we have a manager who bleeds red and white we have to beleave in him to get it right.
But even he can't do it without our help and support from the owners,hopefully that help will keep trickling through.

Where's our resident itk'ers with the rundown? :(

Stop their wages I say :mad:

:)

This is United we’re talking about here, nothing is sorted until the contract is signed. But at least it's a bit of positivity.

Problem is if we know every feckin agent knows and there's a lot of grounds between Fulham and BDTBL

Pinchy, this mission you appear to be on to denigrate a large proportion of our fans may or may not carry some truth, but where you go wrong in my opinion is in appearing to believe that the traits you speak of are traits found only on the fans of SUFC.
I promise you ALL clubs have fans carrying the same traits. It's just a microcosm of human nature, including you, and me.

It may or may not carry some truth but applies to all clubs?

Back
Top Bottom