CONFIRMED Oliver Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thank fuck for that, I had a horrible feeling we would simultaneously announce the signing of Madine and that the permanent Norwood deal had fallen through.

Haha. I was thinking exactly the same. Norwood is quality, glad its a done deal.

Anyone know how long he signed for?

UTB.

I'm delighted to see this deal finalised , not that there was any doubt that it would be .

Norwood is a fine player and one who I would go so far as to describe as being one of the best holding midfielders I've ever seen playing for us . His reading of the game , the protection he gives the defence and his ability to swiftly turn defence into attack are all of the highest order .

There is a perception amongst some on here that he has a shit game every four or five matches , which is wrong . What he does do is have a game which falls below the extraordinary standards he set in his first few matches for us , but none of them have come anywhere near to being shit and all of them have been well above the standards of the likes of Evans , Leonard and and Lundstram .

Even the great TC was the victim of this misconception . It got to the stage when I remember saying to a mate at the time " If he doesn't run 80 yards juggling the ball on his knees and knob end then smash into the roof of the net , some people will say he's had a crap game ".

One of our best ever signings .

Even the great TC was the victim of this misconception . It got to the stage when I remember saying to a mate at the time " If he doesn't run 80 yards juggling the ball on his knees and knob end then smash into the roof of the net , some people will say he's had a crap game ".

To be fair, he did exactly that several times each season for the eight years he was here.

Haha. I was thinking exactly the same. Norwood is quality, glad its a done deal.

Anyone know how long he signed for?

UTB.

It was just a case of a signature on a page, with a decent ball point pen I would guess at less than 10 seconds

Back
Top Bottom