CONFIRMED Oliver Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah. But demonstrates his character and what he is and isn't capable of.

But in identifying if Morrison was a “disruptive influence” for us, doesn’t really add anything. We knew his record when he signed. It’s like us signing Madine on loan and then claiming he wasn’t kept because he probably punched a United employee in the face.

I honestly didn’t wake up this morning with the intention of defending Morrison. His signing for me was somewhat pointless, albeit harmless. I don’t really get the need to add on a load of other elements to his time here based on very little actual evidence.

But in identifying if Morrison was a “disruptive influence” for us, doesn’t really add anything. We knew his record when he signed. It’s like us signing Madine on loan and then claiming he wasn’t kept because he probably punched a United employee in the face.

I honestly didn’t wake up this morning with the intention of defending Morrison. His signing for me was somewhat pointless, albeit harmless. I don’t really get the need to add on a load of other elements to his time here based on very little actual evidence.
Likewise I didnt intend on compiling a character report on the lad haha!

Opinions and perceptions. Based on facts you are of course correct and there is no concrete evidence that he was disruptive at SUFC (previous clubs there is). But reading between the lines I don't think, to put it better, he fitted in to our ethos.

My main issue at the start is that the Burke and Morrison signings shouldn't be compared.

I really do hope it works out, but from all of the other publicity photos I have seen, Burke seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Recent disappointments seem to have taken there toll. I think CWAK have a job on their hands to lift him.

How many other clubs have binned off two record signings in just over a year, like we just have? (I know Robinson and Freeman aren't recording signings now, but they were when they were bought)
Who cares ?

you appear to not grasp the idea of an internet discussion forum.
Ohh the irony of your post. Try backing up the negative bull that you spew....... 'straight swap deal? If so, it seems like we've been shafted.' I'll wait......

I really like this signing think he has something to prove and CW will get the best out of him. Will be good to throw a twist into any opposition's plans

It's just an odd statistical quirk, like breaking our record 4 times in one window (and five times in one season).
It’s not odd at all. Any club that’s been out of the top flight as long as us and spent 5 years in L1, then rapidly risen to the PL is going to break their transfer record for almost every player they sign. They weren’t even the highest fees we paid in that window, they only broke the record because they were first in.

Opinions and perceptions. Based on facts you are of course correct and there is no concrete evidence that he was disruptive at SUFC (previous clubs there is). But reading between the lines I don't think, to put it better, he fitted in to our ethos.

Agree about him not fitting into our ethos...but disruptive influence is taking it too far...when all the evidence suggests that wasn’t the case.
Actually it depends on definition of disruptive influence. If he’s constantly turning up late to training and accepting his fine most players won’t be bothered
whilst others might get wound up....so to a small degree it could be classed as disruptive. Believe he was friendly enough and well liked though.

It seems Ravel loves football as a hobby...a bit of fun....but doing something you love at a professional level is very different.
You need to surrender your life to the sport and be totally dedicated. That was the part Ravel struggled with.
Theres always stories from top players who said when they were younger their brother or best friend was a far more talented player
but they never had the drive or commitment to become a pro.

Anyway, Burke. When I saw him play for Forest I thought Scotland had found their ‘Bale’. He looked really good. Obviously his career has gone to shit and when I’ve seen him play since he’s looked like a different player - crap. But if Wilder can get him playing, he could be a very good signing for us.

It’s not odd at all. Any club that’s been out of the top flight as long as us and spent 5 years in L1, then rapidly risen to the PL is going to break their transfer record for almost every player they sign. They weren’t even the highest fees we paid in that window, they only broke the record because they were first in.

It's odd that both are gone inside a year though (odd in the sense that it can't be very common). No-one has come up with any other examples, although I must compliment everyone with coming up withe creative ways of saying 'I don't know'.

As I've said repeatedly, no criticism was implied, however widely inferred.

Wilder likes 2 for every position and interchangeable positions. He could be a RWB or a forward, or at 6 foot two they might have him pencilled in to go in goal. 😁. CWAK get a few wrong, but not many.

For me, too much shit has gone in the past with Burke and the clubs he has been with, in a way that he was hunting for something and hasn't found it yet.

This is a new start for him - Steve Clarke the Scotland manager said he needed a home and some love.

He'll get both here with us, as long as he gets his head down, gives us the 100% that we all demand and just try and get better.

Potentially we have a gem - does he want it enough?

It really is all down to himself and where he wants to go.

UTB

It's odd that both are gone inside a year though (odd in the sense that it can't be very common). No-one has come up with any other examples, although I must compliment everyone with coming up withe creative ways of saying 'I don't know'.

As I've said repeatedly, no criticism was implied, however widely inferred.
It’s not really the kind of statistic anyone would bother trying to retain though, about another club. It might have happened to another club, it might not, I genuinely have no idea. Has another club sold two players it signed in the previous close season? Yes. In fact we have, with Evans and Leonard.

It’s not really the kind of statistic anyone would bother trying to retain though, about another club. It might have happened to another club, it might not, I genuinely have no idea. Has another club sold two players it signed in the previous close season? Yes. In fact we have, with Evans and Leonard.

Well yes I imagine that happens all the time. For it to happen to two (however brief) record signings must be very unusual.

Well yes I imagine that happens all the time. For it to happen to two (however brief) record signings must be very unusual.
In the same way that spending six years in L1 and only 2 in the championship before getting promoted into a league that has seen a huge increase in transfer fees over that 8 year period is unusual.

In the same way that spending six years in L1 and only 2 in the championship before getting promoted into a league that has seen a huge increase in transfer fees over that 8 year period is unusual.

I don't mean to say it unusual behaviour, but by the same token I doubt it has happened before. Even breaking the record four times in one window relied on us making the signings in the right order.

For me, too much shit has gone in the past with Burke and the clubs he has been with, in a way that he was hunting for something and hasn't found it yet.

This is a new start for him - Steve Clarke the Scotland manager said he needed a home and some love.

He'll get both here with us, as long as he gets his head down, gives us the 100% that we all demand and just try and get better.

Potentially we have a gem - does he want it enough?

It really is all down to himself and where he wants to go.

UTB

That's my fear. Old saying is the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. He's gone to a couple of decent sized clubs with a chunky fee and high expectations and thus finds himself swapped for Calum Robinson...

Is he the PL incarnation of Nathan Thomas?

Fingers crossed he's more from the John Fleck/Paul Coutts reclamation project than the Ravel Morrison /Jack Rodwell side...

Jury out for me.

Mr Wilder has signed one or two who's careers where going nowhere with other clubs, who have gone on to become some of our best players so if he want's it bad enough he'll get all the support and backing he needs here..
Although he may well become very unpopular in Scotland....... ;)

I don't mean to say it unusual behaviour, but by the same token I doubt it has happened before. Even breaking the record four times in one window relied on us making the signings in the right order.
No probably not but there aren’t too many clubs that have been out of the top flight for as long as us getting promoted to the PL. Then you get us last year and Leeds this year.

Back
Top Bottom