Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought it would be good to see some old highlights of United games on You Tube. This one brings back happy memories, Keith Edwards scoring for United in our Fourth Division season. Feel free to post other games.

We crammed into Valley parade, one mate said "Wouldn't like to be in here in event of a fire".
Sadly that was a disaster to actually happen.:(

Stood in normal spot that night underneath the white wall on the Kop. Normally comfortable, absolutely rammed that night , new faces galore all around us. Decent (ish) midweek following from Newcastle although they were on a downer and singing anti John Hall songs.

Crucially - Your Honour - kick off delayed.

Official crowd 17,000.

We must have been proper skint in those days.

I thought it would be good to see some old highlights of United games on You Tube. This one brings back happy memories, Keith Edwards scoring for United in our Fourth Division season. Feel free to post other games.

It's a shame Darlington never got filmed, that would be something else.

Despite what I said earlier, I did watch the first 15 minutes of the Stevenage game. It was still 0-0 but we were absolutely awful, not one good thing happened. I'd forgotten we had been that bad and it was about to get worse!

I'll have to set some time to watch this thanks. I love Kate Bush Big Sky!

The quality of the football is atrocious, but it does take me back. I started going about three years after this and that is the ground how I first saw it.

The quality of the football is atrocious, but it does take me back. I started going about three years after this and that is the ground how I first saw it.
I will have gone to this match, I can't remember it but yes the quality of some of the play is awful. During the minute's silence (that lasted about twenty seconds) I was looking for the 12 year old me stood to the right of the barrier near the front of the Kop. Sadly I couldn't spot myself!
I will have to watch the whole game later, I don't know the score but I think almost every game around then finished 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1.

I will have gone to this match, I can't remember it but yes the quality of some of the play is awful. During the minute's silence (that lasted about twenty seconds) I was looking for the 12 year old me stood to the right of the barrier near the front of the Kop. Sadly I couldn't spot myself!
I will have to watch the whole game later, I don't know the score but I think almost every game around then finished 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1.
Oh contrare.... this was about a month or so after a run of games that saw King Keith score 9 in 4 games, one of those being a 5-1 thrashing of a very good Oldham side at their place which won the Barclays Performance of the Week (or something like that).

This game however was poor fare, although not as bad as the 1-0 win at home to Carlisle a few days later.

Oh contrare.... this was about a month or so after a run of games that saw King Keith score 9 in 4 games, one of those being a 5-1 thrashing of a very good Oldham side at their place which won the Barclays Performance of the Week (or something like that).

This game however was poor fare, although not as bad as the 1-0 win at home to Carlisle a few days later.
Don't ruin it for me, I want it to be a surprise 😅

Back
Top Bottom