"Hey Nick...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s lost a bit of momentum, but if El Accounto starts softening us up for Wilder then we know it’s a go’er.

Having considered it, I think we need a long-term new manager to assess the squad and start building a new system and team. But a decent upcoming manager will cost compensation and I doubt there’s any willingness to spend.

It’s lost a bit of momentum, but if El Accounto starts softening us up for Wilder then we know it’s a go’er.

Having considered it, I think we need a long-term new manager to assess the squad and start building a new system and team. But a decent upcoming manager will cost compensation and I doubt there’s any willingness to spend.
We do need that, but that’s not going to work under the current owner, is it?

Is that what he’s doing? Really?

Policy according to social media focus group testing? It’s all very Boris Johnson, innit.

No wonder our team, our club’s leaders, and their focus group testers, increasingly resemble the arse end of a pantomime cow.

Last edited:
Heckinbottom needs to go. Loved wilder & Warnock in previous years, but we need a fresh start. Need to cast a wider net than South Yorkshire. We're a premier league club, at least until end of season. Must be a decent foreign manager who fancies a "free hit" challenge?!? What have they got to lose?

I'd say if our recruit and fire policy is crafted by internet oddballs, and the use of these sad individuals by the board is genuine ,the club is down the toilet .utb ⚔️

It’s like being a fan owned club but worse.

Change needs to start from the top.

Sustainable planning, football people, an owner who has some capital. I’m not asking for a billionaire. All these should be able to formulate a road map and a clear plan. We have none of this currently.

Hecky needs to go. His managerial limitations are much more evident at this level, his best player last season saved him in many games. I do think that he has been played a shit hand, but we’re just completely lost.

It’s madness that we were so well run up until Covid. The Brewster signing was the start of the decline.

For me, the club will sink like a stone ala Sunderland , unless we sort this out ASAP.

Heckinbottom needs to go. Loved wilder & Warnock in previous years, but we need a fresh start. Need to cast a wider net than South Yorkshire. We're a premier league club, at least until end of season. Must be a decent foreign manager who fancies a "free hit" challenge?!? What have they got to lose?
I'm in agreement but we don't have enough fans willing to give a foreign manager enough patience.

The club needs a complete change from top to bottom. Will it happen it's looking doubtful with this owner who doesn't give 2 fucks!!
Certainly feels like it but i keep thinking of Norwich with their German manager got them prooted twice then they sacked him and where are they now botom half of the championship. While the manager is at Leeds who are playing their best football for years

However playing Fleck who hasnt had a god game for 3years and Thomas together makes me feel that we did to move on

If this is genuinely how our owner and board are appointing managers or sounding them out then is there really any wonder we are in this mess.
The LAST people they should be listening to are the fans. They know sod all about running a club and very few know much about the game at all!!

Straight after the Newcastle game a good operator would have had someone in…let’s say maybe “an expert” to watch and review the management team and its operations, and within a week been in a position to offer some verdict on their performance. Tactically, coaching, training, fitness, mentality etc etc all reviewed and assessed as to competency.
Furthermore opinion sought on what needed to improve. And if change needed then direct the board on the managers who could fit the requirements and suitable for the role.

But we’ve got an American football loving owner in the US, with his mates at board level making the decisions on who gets the job.
We were doomed from the off when you look at it. Not one with the necessary business experience, management skill, football knowledge to run a club of this size.

It’s basically a dictatorship by an incompetent, and akin to the other clown across the city.

The lickspittles have been taking the temperature on various things for a while now. Wilder is one; sacking Hecky another.

Points in Wilder's favour;

1) Has managed expertly on a tight budget at many clubs.

2) Runs his own recruitment which was excellent below the PL. A football staff that can recruit is imperative as United World have comprehensively proven not to have any idea how to acquire good players. Whoever the next manager is he has to take on this remit.

3)Has an excellent record at motivating players. The results were bad when we went down.under Wilder but it never reached the stage it has with Hecky.

4) He'll sort the fitness issues out.

Concerns:

1) Are he and PA compatible? I have doubts that all grievances can be solved and buried.They have to be.

2) Is he ruthless enough to turn this squad over when there are Wilder era players still here he might have (mistaken) loyalty too? We need the Wilder that bombed out Woolford and Hammond, not the guy that continued to play Lundstram the year we went down.

3) I have a feeling the United journey took a lot from him and tested his psyche. Does he have the desire and energy to go again? It's a hard job and an even harder one for a Blade.

Last edited:
I really don't want Wilder to be our next manager.

But even I'd rather he come in now rather than stick with PH.

That's how bad we are.
I don't want to agree but I do. I was all for giving Hecky his time but I think it's pretty clear there's no future and he needs to move on. I suppose if Wilder comes back temp I'd accept it... I suppose. I think far too many are focussing on his success and expecting that to be recreated. I just don't see that happening

When I saw this post I thought it was a cry out for Nick Monty Montgomery. Why is his name not being mentioned? ( apologies if it has on another thread) . 100% Blade fantastic work ethic . Who’s with me ? What say you ⚔️
I’d take Monty in a flash but they might want more irn bru in compensation than we can afford

When I saw this post I thought it was a cry out for Nick Monty Montgomery. Why is his name not being mentioned? ( apologies if it has on another thread) . 100% Blade fantastic work ethic . Who’s with me ? What say you ⚔️

I’d take Monty in a flash but they might want more irn bru in compensation than we can afford

Monty needs another job, first. One in the championship with a bit more pressure. Then, see.

Only drawback is if that job is someone with an outside chance of success and he nails it, then you're never getting back in. But for now, we're a step too far for him, IMO.

I don’t want Wilder.

I want someone in for the rest of season starting before Christmas who has a chance to assess our dross then wheel and deal using their strong contacts in the JTW.

Then we spend the rest of the season looking at their permanent placement with a view to recruiting them to take the reins the day after the last day of the season which gives them a full pre season for Championship football.

I'm sure he has a lot of affection for United but he's from Leeds and supports Leeds. I'm not convinced he's done anything in management yet to suggest he'd do a good job here. One perhaps for the future.

Don't want Wilder he will spunk all the parachute payments in JTW then we're deeper in the shit!

Back
Top Bottom