Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How narrow must the pitch have been to be able to get the bench there... I know Harry liked it narrow but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Or were we without John street at the time of the pic so more space available?
Yes. The pitch was moved closer to the South Stand when the old John Street stand was demolished and rebuilt.

Many thanks for posting that - I did not know that story, which I found really interesting. I saw him play just twice, against Blackpool (my first ever game), and Huddersfield, which I know now was his last home game. 4-3 and 6-3 defeats, but 6-year-old me was hooked. So I never saw him score a goal, and don’t even remember him going in goal in the Huddersfield match. But I do remember that he was well thought of for his role in promotion the season before. I think I always assumed that he had come to the natural end of his career; I had no idea it was serious illness.
View attachment 148249View attachment 148250View attachment 148251View attachment 148252
I wonder if any of these players are still alive, they would be around 90 + now ??

Did any of these lads move on to become Blades legends?
To the left of Jimmy Sirrel the lad looks like a young David Frain; though David was an Owls fan and played for Hillsborough Celtic.
And, second from right on the front row, is that Patrick Boulby, also Hillsborough Celtic, but a Blade and Bramall Lane ball boy who I think once irritated QPR's Dave Thomas big time for not getting the ball to him quick enough 🤣

To the left of Jimmy Sirrel the lad looks like a young David Frain; though David was an Owls fan and played for Hillsborough Celtic.
And, second from right on the front row, is that Patrick Boulby, also Hillsborough Celtic, but a Blade and Bramall Lane ball boy who I think once irritated QPR's Dave Thomas big time for not getting the ball to him quick enough 🤣
Doesn’t look like Frainy to me but could be wrong, I’ve known him for around 35 years and I never knew he was a pig? Can’t wait to bump into him as he kept that quiet, although I have never asked him as I just assumed he was another Meersbrook Blade.

Just Jamie Hoyland. Frain not in the photo, we signed Frain from Dronfield United

Just Jamie Hoyland. Frain not in the photo, we signed Frain from Dronfield United
Was it not Derek Dooley who spotted him playing Sunday league football? Or maybe another director at the club? Can’t remember the story now.

Was it not Derek Dooley who spotted him playing Sunday league football? Or maybe another director at the club? Can’t remember the story now.
Not sure about Derek Dooley. Dronfield United used to be Norton Woodseats FC before NW reversed back to their name and then eventually folding

Back
Top Bottom