Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Far left looks more like Woody. Can't see Sherman but Kettleborough is there.
A slightly over exposed photo.
That is Birchenall foreground on right.
Debatable on player on L, but still recon it's Brien, facially but also sox red hoops on turnovers.
Woody's are tight to soxs top, where BR's are lower.
.1964-65 Joe Shaw 600th league game Feb H V WHU LtoR J Shaw Richardson Woodward (2).jpg

A slightly over exposed photo.
That is Birchenall foreground on right.
Debatable on player on L, but still recon it's Brien, facially but also sox red hoops on turnovers.
Woody's are tight to soxs top, where BR's are lower.
.View attachment 148757

Clearly Brian on this photo but not on the earlier one for me .

He always had a straight front hairline whereas the guy on the latter has a bit of the Tony Curtis thing going on., plus the fact that he doesn’t look as if he could knock you unconscious just by staring at you .

No, Edwards scored both goals in March 1977. Johnstone scored in the 1-4 home defeat to Wolves in March 1976 and in his last appearance in the 3-2 defeat at Charlton in October 1976
Was the Wolves home match where we were something like 4-0 down at half time ?

Was the Wolves home match where we were something like 4-0 down at half time ?
3-0 down and then Jimmy Johnstone pulled a goal back with a header (Lane end). Half time was 3-1. John Richards and Steve Kindon were the scorers for Wolves but they could have had more late in the game when Kindon rounded Jim Brown and slipped in the mud in front of an open net and the ball trickled wide, the crowd laughed at Kindon!

Woody, Matthewson, Kettleborough, Jones. In the order behind Joe.
I concede it's Woody because the two photos posted , 600th LA, are of the same event, showing Brian Richardson with sleaves rolled up, as one would expect of him.
Darn to Spec Savers tomorrow. 😥
Photo over exposed, it looks like Keith but ain't.
What ever your supping, I'd have some, except I'm tea total.

3-0 down and then Jimmy Johnstone pulled a goal back with a header (Lane end). Half time was 3-1. John Richards and Steve Kindon were the scorers for Wolves but they could have had more late in the game when Kindon rounded Jim Brown and slipped in the mud in front of an open net and the ball trickled wide, the crowd laughed at Kindon!
Great memories, I was stood in the EDS pen for that match.

That’s what a proper football should look like🤣

My grandsons aged 8 and 9 play with a replica of the 2018 World Cup ball on our back lawn and have no trouble at all kicking it around with some force .

At their age , it was a struggle to kick a size 5 casey more 6 or 7 yards and as for heading one , particularly on a cold wet day - well , I’ve never headed a church bell but would imagine it to be very similar .

Back
Top Bottom