Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was the FA Cup quarter-final in March 1993 (0-0). We were on the side that day because the current away stand was being built at the time. We won the reply after a penalty shoot out (Pembo) and lost to the grunters in the semi.
You might have just nailed it.

I was also at that game, you are correct we were on the side terrace, my head bobbed up from nowhere st half time on the match of the day highlights.

Anyway, I digress, I do have recollections now of a few Blades going on the pitch st the end and walking up to the Blackburn kop

It was the FA Cup quarter-final in March 1993 (0-0). We were on the side that day because the current away stand was being built at the time. We won the reply after a penalty shoot out (Pembo) and lost to the grunters in the semi.
That explains why I can’t remember us being on the pitch at the match before Leicester in 1990.

I wasn’t at Ewood Park in 1993, but now I think about it was there a big telly on the pitch at the Lane to watch the match on? I definitely recall one or two matches like that. One was on a bright sunny day and you could see nothing on the screen. Long time ago now. That’s as close to us now as 1964 was to then. Where do the years go? That amazing season in 1990 seems like yesterday, but it’s half a life time ago. Brian Deane will always be the greatest I have seen in the red and white.

Great spot on the match. Amazing what old brains can fetch up from 30 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom