Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Colin Addison
John Barnwell
John Tudor
Phil Cliff

????????
I went with a pal to that shit heap at Upton Park to see us beat a West Ham Team with some World Cup Stars in it, 2-1 in the Cup. March 9th -1968. Phil Cliff got both goals and we were ecstatic. Nearly got a fat lip from a friendly Hammer supporter but we sang our way home. Cliff was a legend in our house for a few years after that.

3 different games top photo Anglo Scottish Cup 6/8/77 won 3-2, middle photo League 17/12/77 lost 3-0, bottom photo League 12/11/77 won 1-0.
Went to 3 0 match. Think it was the one where at half time the away end blades ran full length of field to join us on their cop. Campbell and 1 other got sent off.

The artist who did this is a friend of mine. I have been trying to persuade him to do an Alan Kelly Mel Reece and

Done by a friend of mine. Trying to pursuade him to do an Alan Kelly, Mel Rees and Simon Tracey tee shirt from the best era of goalkeepers I can remember.
Yes, make him do it!

I went with a pal to that shit heap at Upton Park to see us beat a West Ham Team with some World Cup Stars in it, 2-1 in the Cup. March 9th -1968. Phil Cliff got both goals and we were ecstatic. Nearly got a fat lip from a friendly Hammer supporter but we sang our way home. Cliff was a legend in our house for a few years after that.

I was there too . For various reasons I was late getting to the ground and they closed the turnstiles just as I got to the front of the queue .

Having traveled all that way and not to be denied , I bought a ticket from a tout at approximately six times face value and it turned out to be worth every penny .

There was some serious after match aggro against Blades fans . I saw an immaculately dressed little cockney geezer flatten a Blade well over six foot tall by grabbing the lapels on his jacket and splitting his nose wide open with a headbutt .

My London based mate told me that they were boarding underground trains on the way back into central London and kicking the shit out of anyone wearing Blades colours .

Thank goodness West Ham supporters have reverted to type and become big Southern Softies again , like that there HammerInPeace ......

The Old Horns at High Bradfield I believe . Still a thriving business and rightly so based on it’s policy of serving good food and drink at reasonable prices .

Parts of the church in the background date back to the 12th. century and beyond that are the remains of a motte and bailey castle from around the same time .

Bradfield is one of my favourite places on earth. I had a chat with the vicar a good few years back and he was giving me a history lesson of the church. Marvelous place. Never knew about the castle though, one day I'll come home and make a point of exploring that 👍

Even bigger shit heap where we play now...

Bradfield is one of my favourite places on earth. I had a chat with the vicar a good few years back and he was giving me a history lesson of the church. Marvelous place. Never knew about the castle though, one day I'll come home and make a point of exploring that 👍
Not too much to see as it’s heavily wooded and there’s no castle, just the motte. Go through the churchyard (past the flood graves) and it’s up the hill to your right.

Agreed it’s a great place, love walking round there.

Back
Top Bottom