Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not too much to see as it’s heavily wooded and there’s no castle, just the motte. Go through the churchyard (past the flood graves) and it’s up the hill to your right.

Agreed it’s a great place, love walking round there.
My grandad used to farm the land at Rocher Head. If you walk up the path off Smallfield Lane there may still be some stones from the farmhouse left up there.

Just seen this on Twitter

View attachment 144364
Didn’t know that houses were previously on the right hand side. Any idea when they were knocked down as I can’t remrmber anything other than the grass that is there currently.

As an aside this is the road that I parked on for many years in the nineties upto a few years ago when they decided to make it as difficult as possible to park your car on match days

Didn’t know that houses were previously on the right hand side. Any idea when they were knocked down as I can’t remrmber anything other than the grass that is there currently.

As an aside this is the road that I parked on for many years in the nineties upto a few years ago when they decided to make it as difficult as possible to park your car on match days

You can see the backs of those houses in the photo below from 1978, so they were demolished for the widening of St Mary's Rd just after that I reckon.

1663855035576.png

Back
Top Bottom