Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone know who’s signature this is?

UTB

Attachments

• B9CD59E0-EB48-4D8B-A0A4-C4842ECCD570.jpeg
    B9CD59E0-EB48-4D8B-A0A4-C4842ECCD570.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 59

As has been said it was a choice to either wear or not wear gloves, but goalies soon realised that by wearing massively oversized gloves that the shot that just went over their fingertips and dipped under the crossbar for a goal, could now be tipped over the bar for a corner, the rest they say, is history.

When did goalkeepers start wearing gloves and why didn’t they before then?
From a personal point of view, having played in goal for school, aged ten, when rest of team were the class above me, was when it were bloody cold.
Also when wet, woollen gloves gave some purchase on a wet ball but that disappeared when gloves became soaked.
If I had taken the dimpled rubber cover off mi ping pong bat and got mi mum to sow it on mi gloves I would have been an extremely rich man by now. :)
Recon they would have been using gloves before football was organised.
Our species as proved we are extremely enquiring and inventive. Probably be the end of us though.
It would be interesting to know whether pro 'goalies' adapted there gloves before sports merchandise manufacturers started producing what we see today.
Any stories from our many faceted members, who more than not come up with answers and solutions.
Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom