Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

refered
Went to Plaxtons coach builders open day in Scarborough yesterday and this was on show having been made there.
I hope these photos bring back some memories.

View attachment 59531

View attachment 59532

View attachment 59533

View attachment 59534

Very nice but I’m glad I’m not travelling all the way to Bournemouth in it.
Original name or SUT were formed out of United Motor Services aka UMS. This was the way my maternal grandmother always refered to SUT as when I was a lad.

Went to Plaxtons coach builders open day in Scarborough yesterday and this was on show having been made there.
I hope these photos bring back some memories.

View attachment 59531

View attachment 59532

View attachment 59533

View attachment 59534

Very nice but I’m glad I’m not travelling all the way to Bournemouth in it.

To make it truly realistic one of the rear windows should be shattered, with a brick-shaped hole in it and the offending object lying on the floor in the central aisle.

View attachment 59665

More from Bert's garage.
Bert went to Hillsborough that day just to see the 16 year old boy wonder, who duly scored.
I was at a reserves match at the Lane (v Wolves, I think) and Hodgy was in goal. I think it was the last time he played in the reserves. During half time there were gasps from the crowd when the pavilion scoreboard revealed that Colchester were winning 2-0 against L**ds in the FA Cup

I was at a reserves match at the Lane (v Wolves, I think) and Hodgy was in goal. I think it was the last time he played in the reserves. During half time there were gasps from the crowd when the pavilion scoreboard revealed that Colchester were winning 2-0 against L**ds in the FA Cup
It rained all day, Bert got very wet on their Kop.

My walk towards BDTBL in Spring 1970. As a chabby, I'd walk down Shrewsbury and on QuuensRoad and take a right turn. When I was older I went through town and finished at the Pump Tavern, I was invariably a few minutes late cos I had to have that last pint. :)View attachment 59543
Ahhhhhhhhhh Pump Tavern, memories

Great old picture, showing where I stood on the Kop.

Image result for Bramall Lane 1952
God remember the kop with that gangway which ran in the middle , I used to stand above that gangway with my mates as a youth , I stood just after the barrier and every time we scored I would end up jumping into that gangway ahhh the memories, lost contact with all those who I used to stand with now .

I was at the Johnny Johnson gig. They were superb.

You were lucky. I went to the Valentine Disc Show at the White Rose, Handsworth to meet some of the “dollies” who’d been allowed in free. I went in drag to get in for a bob, as stated in the ad, but they wouldn’t let me in because I was underage.

Their loss.

Although there's no mention of the year it looks as though that's from February 1971.

Interestingly that decimalisation came in that month but most places seem to be ignoring it.
Correct, it was the week before decimilsation.

Correct, it was the week before decimilsation.

So pleasing that now in the 21st century we are much more mature about accepting major issues that have been decided and that we now embrace these changes rather than resisting them.

Or are things still the same?

Back
Top Bottom