Match Thread Norwich City v. Sheffield United - 8th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NORW
NORW
NORW

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1575739098901.png v. 1575739109775.png
EPL Week 16 - Sunday 8th December 2019 - Carrow Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/norwich-city-vs-sheffield-united.480/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 17.17.03.png

Another tough one to call this, it’s a 50-50 game for me.

i think both sides will score. That’s about all I’ll predict on this one.

How about Mburnie and moose up front with mcg behind in no 10. That would make for an exciting game!

How about Mburnie and moose up front with mcg behind in no 10. That would make for an exciting game!
Norwich unlike Newcastle will attack. I think we will play mostly on the counter.

moose and mcgoldrick in for sharp and mcburnie for me.

We will see a reaction from the players from the last match , away win , confidant on this one , which is unusual for me !

Yes the great thing about this team is how well we tend to bounce back after a defeat

you know im glad that after all the anger & controversy of Thursday. that our next game is v Norwich should be calm game because could you imagine going into a game where we have history of animosity.

How long has it been since we've had back to back losses? A while me thinks.

Wilder is great at not letting a substandard display become the norm and get players back firing after a loss. 2-3 to the mighty Blades!

After Thursday's disappointing and somewhat uncharacteristic performance to a degree, we should be able to revert to something like our usual game today. Norwich are unlikely to 'park the bus' at home in such a way as Newcastle did at BDBL. However to be fair, we still managed plenty of shots on Thursday, up until their goal at least....

Anyway...

Any team news? ;)

Presumably M&M return to the starting lineup?

Otherwise unchanged.

Should be an intriguing game. If our TEAM performs how it can, defence solid, then there is no reason to expect anything other than a positive result. 2-1 to us ( sneaky feeling we get 3) Lundstram, Mousset (and McBurnie).

Safe journey all.

UTB

Going to be interesting to see how we fare against Norwich and Villa, two teams who know how we play.

Norwich have picked up a bit of late and like any game in this league it will be tough. They're quite open so I can see them both scoring and conceding. Likely to only be a goal in it. Definitely one we really don;t want to lose.

After Thursday's disappointing and somewhat uncharacteristic performance to a degree, we should be able to revert to something like our usual game today. Norwich are unlikely to 'park the bus' at home in such a way as Newcastle did at BDBL. However to be fair, we still managed plenty of shots on Thursday, up until their goal at least....

Anyway...

Any team news? ;)

Presumably M&M return to the starting lineup?

Otherwise unchanged.

Should be an intriguing game. If our TEAM performs how it can, defence solid, then there is no reason to expect anything other than a positive result. 2-1 to us ( sneaky feeling we get 3) Lundstram, Mousset (and McBurnie).

Safe journey all.

UTB

☃ ☃

Going to be interesting to see how we fare against Norwich and Villa, two teams who know how we play.

Norwich have picked up a bit of late and like any game in this league it will be tough. They're quite open so I can see them both scoring and conceding. Likely to only be a goal in it. Definitely one we really don;t want to lose.
Won 1 drawn 2 and lost 7 since they beat Man City says to me they’ve picked up nothing. The win came at Everton who were in utter turmoil as are Arsenal whom they drew 2-2 with. They will see this as an opportunity to pick up points but defensively are so shit I can’t see us not scoring. They couldn’t beat us last year and I can’t see them beating us this.
I’d be disappointed to lose our proud away record this year to this lot......

Don’t fancy us today for some reason.
They’ll be up for it, just hope we are too

Not made the trip today but I am still really looking forward to this game. They can score and so can we. Am going a red card (Tim chinless fucking wander krul) and a 3 v 2 win for the blades. Safe journey for all Blades!

We're due an away win. Just one so far is an unacceptable return for the performances.

Simon Hooper from Swindon is the ref for Uniteds game at Norwich on 8 Dec 2019

Details

Attachments

• 3A83DC02-4591-46F3-A37E-2CFF5895BE6E.jpeg
    3A83DC02-4591-46F3-A37E-2CFF5895BE6E.jpeg
    736.9 KB · Views: 0
Season to date:

BLADES
P15 W4 D7 L4 GF17 GA15 GD+2 Pts19

Clean sheets: 5
Penalties: 0
Top scorer: Mousset (5)
Form: LDDDWD

NORWICH
P15 W3 D2 L10 GF16 GA32 GD-16 Pts11

Clean sheets: 2
Top scorer: Pukki (8)
Form: LDWLLL

HOME/AWAY

BLADES (Away)
P6 W1 D5 L0 GF7 GA5 GD+2 Pts8

Clean sheets: 2
Top scorer: Mousset (3)
Form: DDDDWD

NORWICH (Home)
P6 W1 D2 L3 GF9 GA17 GD-8 Pts5

Clean sheets: 0
Top scorer: Pukki (6)
Form: LWLLLW

This game sees two teams who have been struggling for wins. Norwich have only won 3 matches all season, whilst the Blades have only notched up an additional win in comparison. Norwich did recently beat Everton away from home, which coincidentally was the same fixture of the Blades solitary away win.

Norwich are an attacking team who are sticking to their principles but paying for it at the other end of the pitch, having conceded 32 goals before the halfway point of the season. They have only scored 16 all season, half of which have come courtesy of Teemu Pukki, though he has only scored 2 in their last 10 matches. Their other attacking threat is Todd Cantwell who has notched up 4 and scored twice in their last 3 games. Norwich have only managed 2 clean sheets all season and have conceded 2 or more goals in 5 of their last 6 matches.

At Carrow Road Norwich haven't made home advantage count. They have lost half of their last 6 matches conceding 17 goals, but have scored 9 to counter this. Their last home win came 5 matches ago, an impressive victory against Man City. Pukki has scored 6 goals at Carrow Road but has only only scored 3 in their last 6 home matches. Cantwell once again is the next best threat at home scoring 3 goals.

The Blades are a turning point in their season having only picked up 3 points from their last 4 matches, having dominated and deserved to win 3 of them. Horrific individual errors tossed away victories in these matches. Other than the Barnes goal for Leicester, Southampton's winner and William's superb strike for Man Utd, arguably all other goals conceded have been down to lapses of concentration or individual howlers. This has resulted in the Blades having notched up only 1 victory in their last 6 matches, which was 5 matches ago against Burnley. Lys Mousset is in red hot form having scored 5 goals and notching up 3 assists and is in the running for November player of the month. The Blades have scored in all but 1 of their last 6 matches. They have scored 9 in their last 6 matches but have also only registered a solitary clean sheet. Their once shared record of best defence in the league has long gone due to the continual defensive errors.

On the road the Blades are stubborn and undefeated with only the single win all season, arguably an undeserved win against Everton. They should have beaten both Wolves and Spurs, having dominated both matches, but poor finishing and defensive errors turned victories into draws and yet more dropped points. Lys Mousset is top scorer with 3 goals. The Blades have only managed to score more than 1 goal away from Bramall Lane on 2 occassions. In both of these matches the second goals weren't even scored by Blades as own goals were conceded by their opponents. Against a team who concede so many the Blades need to be ruthless against Norwich and start putting away these chances.

The Blades have been comfortably away from the drop zone all season, proudly sitting on 19 points. However, Everton were in the relegation zone last week and after their latest victory are now only 2 points behind the Blades. Wilder's men must make matches like this count or face the prospect of getting dragged down the table into territory that they are trying to avoid. They should have enough in them and have been playing well enough to see off Daniel Farke's men, but need to concentrate at the back or risk throwing away yet more points where confidence can start dropping as a result. Pukki has the quality to punish as he is an instinctive striker who will shoot on sight in or out of the box.

Prediction: Away win.

Not fancying it today must admit...

Not fancying it today must admit...

I'll admit, I'm not as confident as I was last week. Between Didsy's woeful finishing and the defensive errors I just don't know what will happen anymore.

On paper we should win this, but another defeat could see us heading into trouble. We've turned wins into draws and I worry that these draws are going to start turning into defeats.

This is a must win game for me as our last victory is becoming a distant memory.

Yeah i'm a bit uneasy too after Thursday. If we're on it then i think we'll win (bar a stupid VAR incident again), but the pessimist in me thinks it's all going a bit too well and we're due a squeaky-bum phase. I can't call it either way.

Baldock red card, 10 men and we will sneak a 0-1 win out with a shitty var decision in our favour

I'll admit, I'm not as confident as I was last week. Between Didsy's woeful finishing and the defensive errors I just don't know what will happen anymore.

On paper we should win this, but another defeat could see us heading into trouble. We've turned wins into draws and I worry that these draws are going to start turning into defeats.

This is a must win game for me as our last victory is becoming a distant memory.

We've only had one back to back loss in our last 60 league games which was Swansea and Middlesbrough towards beginning of last season.

Wilder does not let the team feel sorry for themselves or lose confidence.

Backing the team to come out firing even harder in this one, get an early goal and then put them to the sword for the rest of the match.

Nailed on for Didzy to score today!!
COME ON BLADES!!!!

If we remain unbeaten today we equal Blackburn's record of longest unbeaten away run for a newly promoted team. That was when they were the richest team in the land, apparently, with Alan Shearer up front etc.

I have a sneaky feeling there may be a change in midfield today. Don't ask me who, but Freeman could come in or Besic (apologies for the spelling).

Also, Jalkielka could come in for Basham. He looked knackered on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom