Nick Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure he's the right type of striker either

He often played out wide and I think we have enough wide players

He were oreyt tho

I'd have him back 'at the right price'...just don't force him to play on the right wing!

Doh!

And Barry Robson.. God I misjudged those signings

He was on just over £6k a week at Vancouver before he joined us, a fairly decent wage for an MLS player of mediocre talent. I'm yet to find any Whitecaps fans here that have a good thing to say about him. My memory of him playing for us was arguing with Doyle after we conceded in that thrashing at Stevenage, followed by him waddling back to help the defence, giving up, pointing at where Hill should move to in order to cover for Robson's immobility, and then berate Hill after a cross leading to a goal came in as a result. One of the laziest and responsibility-shirking players I think I've ever seen play for us.

The Doncaster fans I've spoken to have said they would steer well clear of Billy Sharp, they said he's lost a yard (if that was possible) and doesn't even look remotely a threat anymore. I know it's a different level, but the ship may have sailed with Billy, I'd prefer we looked elsewhere personally.

The Doncaster fans I've spoken to have said they would steer well clear of Billy Sharp, they said he's lost a yard (if that was possible) and doesn't even look remotely a threat anymore. I know it's a different level, but the ship may have sailed with Billy, I'd prefer we looked elsewhere personally.

How many goal scoring chances did Doncaster create for him though. He'd do well for us next year without doubt. He's a proper fox-in-the-box and would sweep up so many of Murphys low drives across the 6yrd line

Not sure in the credibility of the rumour, but heard we're approaching Blackman. Could be that big signing we've been looking for up front.

Do you really think that? On what basis? It can't be his goalscoring record.

If he had never played for us you would rightly be appalled at the very thought of signing this player.

Bladey, Bladey Bladeness at it's "best".

Do you really think that? On what basis? It can't be his goalscoring record.
If he had never played for us you would rightly be appalled at the very thought of signing this player.
Bladey, Bladey Bladeness at it's "best".

If he had never played for us I would look at his goalscoring record and see that he scored 14 goals in 33 games the last time he played at this level. A goal nearly every 2 games or potentially 20 goals in a full season.
I would see that he'd been signed by a Premiership club 18 months ago for an undisclosed fee rumoured to be £1.2M.
On that basis, I would think at the right price he would be an excellent signing for this division.
Having actually seen him play, I think the same.

Not everything associated with Sheffield United's past is automatically bad.

Nick Blackman, overrated by many for some reason. I never thought him to be crap but other than scoring penalties he just seemed to enjoy running down blind alleys, never been a bloody striker

he scored a cracking goal at oxford.

Which i missed as i was looking at my phone :(

If he had never played for us I would look at his goalscoring record and see that he scored 14 goals in 33 games the last time he played at this level. A goal nearly every 2 games or potentially 20 goals in a full season.
I would see that he'd been signed by a Premiership club 18 months ago for an undisclosed fee rumoured to be £1.2M.
On that basis, I would think at the right price he would be an excellent signing for this division.
Having actually seen him play, I think the same.

Not everything associated with Sheffield United's past is automatically bad.

No it isn't, I agree. I would certainly have a fit and ready Ched back. Blackman though? We can do so much better.

Thought he was quite shit at finishing for a striker but seemed to do the rest well, rather not have him back

Hmm he's decent for this league. Not sure we could knock him back if he fancied it. I also dont get this penalty bullshit. Do we not want penalties?

Its like he gets slagged off for scoring penalties, what a wanker.

Nick Blackman won half of the penalties:)

But seriously, and this will come across as ironic given my anger at his sale, but I couldn't get overly excited about this one

I was gutted that we sold the only player who both scored and looked like scoring whilst we were top of the league. I was proved right. But that's from the perspective of what he offered that team at that time. Since he left, he's hardly been prolific, but that might or might not be about lack of opportunity.

We're very short on goal threat and really need a known quantity in that position.

UTB
Isn't that because he's been playing in a higher league though? He looked decent in L1 and is versatile, which Cloughie likes. Could suit 433 or 4231 as a wide forward cutting in or down the middle if needed.

We don't need any wide players with Flynn, Murphy, JCR and Davies. I don't think he has much history of leading an attack so would be a risk we don't need to take.

Hmm he's decent for this league. Not sure we could knock him back if he fancied it. I also dont get this penalty bullshit. Do we not want penalties?

Its like he gets slagged off for scoring penalties, what a wanker.

He does not get slagged off for scoring penalties, he gets flak because of the number of people who hold him in regard as a world beater because of the number of goals he scored for us, when the majority of them were penalties. He was ok, but hardly the out and out striker we need to fire us out of this league!

He does not get slagged off for scoring penalties, he gets flak because of the number of people who hold him in regard as a world beater because of the number of goals he scored for us, when the majority of them were penalties. He was ok, but hardly the out and out striker we need to fire us out of this league!

He scpred 14 goals and was sold in the JTW. He would have hit 20 I reckon. I would like a 20 goal striker.

Does he score enough? We really need a guaranteed 20 goals striker.

Blackman is far better than Porter and Paynter. I'd be happy enough to see him back.

Isn't he one of those who have contributed to us still being in the 3rd division, had his chance.

Let Cloughie build new.

Blackman is far better than Porter and Paynter. I'd be happy enough to see him back.
Blackman is a completely different type of player to porter/paynter. Blackman might be quicker but I think the boy lacks some real football intelligence. How many has he got for reading ?

Blackman is a completely different type of player to porter/paynter. Blackman might be quicker but I think the boy lacks some real football intelligence. How many has he got for reading ?
This season he scored 4 in about 40 minutes which isn't that bad of a conversion rate

This season he scored 4 in about 40 minutes which isn't that bad of a conversion rate

Started 12 League Games and made 29 Sub Appearances and scored 4...... Total of 1036 minutes played, so a goal ever 259 minutes or every 2.8 games. One of which was a penalty.

Isn't he one of those who have contributed to us still being in the 3rd division, had his chance.

Really? I've said my piece early on, but that's incredibly harsh. He played for us for a few months and left with us sat top of the league, as our top scorer even though he often played on the wing.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom