Nick Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd rather us sign Robson & Forte TBH ;)

Aye, that worked out well for you didn't it Matt? :)

As Blackman left you were so keen you questioned my loyalty for complaining, come the end of the season you couldn't be arsed to turn up for the play off's.:p

UTB

....and winner, and scorer of goals from the wing?

"When in a hole, keep digging"

:)

UTB
Done well at reading hasn't he?

Sorry Alco I just can't see him fitting in with this side.

Again, how many none penalty goals did he get?

Blackman actually won quite a few, because of his speed / trickery. You don't get that with some other :) "strikers".

UTB

I think only a couple of those penalties, were by fouls on him.

I hate the term 'won' a penalty. It implies skulduggery.

Not that many then ;)

Very objective analysis, without a hint of not wanting to be proved right eh? :)

The facts of last season spoke for themselves. You got it wrong.

As my sides haven't hurt quite so much since, is there still anyone out there wanting to explain how swapping him for Jonathan Forte would make us stronger.... :D

UTB

Last edited:
Very objective analysis, without a hint of not wanting to be proved right eh? :)

As my sides haven't hurt quite so much since, is there still anyone out there wanting to explain how swapping him for Jonathan Forte would make us stronger.... :D

UTB
I'm going to have to find my favourite Danny Wilson quote again "I promise you Jonathan Forte will score goals for us"

Ha ha

UTB
I'm going to have to find my favourite Danny Wilson quote again "I promise you Jonathan Forte will score goals for us"

Ha ha

UTB

Ha ha

Fecking shit. Cant beat a player, cant put chances away, no pace......

Good penalty taker tho.

Are you being ironic? Blackman was our ONLY player capable of beating a man, he was very pacy and I can't remember missing that many chances (certainly no where near the level of sitters Porter misses).

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Are you being ironic? Blackman was our ONLY player capable of beating a man, he was very pacy and I can't remember missing that many chances (certainly no where near the level of sitters Porter misses).

I'd have him back in a heart beat.
I'd have him over carthorse any day, What did it for me was the stupid position DW1 played him in. If he plays as a Forward he would do the business, tho right wing definitely didn't suit him.

I'd have him over carthorse any day, What did it for me was the stupid position DW1 played him in. If he plays as a Forward he would do the business, tho right wing definitely didn't suit him.

I'm not too sure I agree. I thought Blackman played very well on the right hand side for us, certainly enough to get him a million pound move to the Premier League.

I also think Porter is abysmal at scoring goals, which is a pre-requisite for any striker but I have to giving him grudging praise for how he brings others into the game and how he leads the line. I don't think, the way Clough wants us to play currently, playing a Blackman, or a Lyle Taylor in the role that Porter is playing would work, nothing would stick.

From memory, Blackman and Porter had a decent ish record together for a short while last season.

Unfair to write Miller off, he's been badly injured for nearly 12 months. I wouldn't judge him until this time next year.

Miller is nearly 27 and scores at a rate of 1 in 4 when playing in the lower leagues of English football. His injury won't have improved these odds. Get rid when we can - he's another measure of the mediocrity we've come to accept.

UTB

How good is the source? I would be happy with that, decent player at League One level and an upgrade to play alongside Baxter.
If he was to come back, just shows the shit end of the stick Danny Wilson got, having players pulled from under him at important times.

If indeed that happened and he hadn't just decided he was a fringe player and was saleable and the money would come in handy. I don't know either way by the way. Do you?

Not sure in the credibility of the rumour, but heard we're approaching Blackman. Could be that big signing we've been looking for up front.

Need to sign someone to win us the penalties then.

Nick Blackman won half of the penalties:)

But seriously, and this will come across as ironic given my anger at his sale, but I couldn't get overly excited about this one

I was gutted that we sold the only player who both scored and looked like scoring whilst we were top of the league. I was proved right. But that's from the perspective of what he offered that team at that time. Since he left, he's hardly been prolific, but that might or might not be about lack of opportunity.

We're very short on goal threat and really need a known quantity in that position.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom