Nick Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, 14 goals in half a season when not played week in week out as a striker, top of the league until we sold him and completely capitulated - failing to hit a bulls ass with a banjo from then on. Wank.

:)

UTB

It's not the first time I've read it, still think it's nonsense.

"He only scores penalties he's crap".....should he have been missing them????

Strangely enough-since the blackman left-how many penalties have we actually had??????
We seemed to get loads of pens when he played for us,as we did when bt played.
As for bringing him back-id take a punt on him.

Strangely enough-since the blackman left-how many penalties have we actually had??????
We seemed to get loads of pens when he played for us,as we did when bt played.
As for bringing him back-id take a punt on him.

Blackman actually won quite a few, because of his speed / trickery. You don't get that with some other :) "strikers".

UTB

Good player but if he is coming back I hope it's not instead of the "lead the line" centre forward we really need.

Wish Blacky had stayed.

Could have been a Lane legend I reckon.

Maybe he still can... :cool:

UTB.

Blackman was one of few players who could beat a man, was direct, pacey and scored goals. He was selfish, frustrating and at times thought he was much better than he was BUT he is a far better option either wide or up top than anything we have at the moment. Remember everyone saying that Miller was missed more than him when he got injured and Blackman went but I always thought that was nonsense and still do. We missed Blackman terribly as the goal scoring record after he left showed. He would walk into our team currently and would cause all sorts of problems for defences at this level again.

I had not heard the rumour but I only said to a mate the other day we should try and get him back. Cloughie wouldnt stand for any crap from him. Still need a quick centrehalf though as Collins has totally lost his legs

Heard from two different people today that we are in talks to bring him back on loan to the end of the season with a view to a permanent signing in the summer.

Not sure what I think about this as I am not usually a fan of ex players returning but I did like him first time around.

Could be a James Beattie but could be a Keith Edwards, If he does come back let's hope it's the latter.

I had not heard the rumour but I only said to a mate the other day we should try and get him back. Cloughie wouldnt stand for any crap from him. Still need a quick centrehalf though as Collins has totally lost his legs
As well as Porter played today , Blackman woould be 10 times a better choice.
I am also worried about Collins form

Aha, the S2 Returning Hero thing.....there's a surprise.

No thanks. We can and will do a lot better.

Is Nathan Blake available?

Is Nathan Blake available?

Aha, the Pinchy talking complete bollocks thing....there's a surprise.

UTB

Blackman isn't good enough, mate. Nowhere near. Still, you are entitled to your own standards....

Blackman isn't good enough, mate. Nowhere near. Still, you are entitled to your own standards....

He was our leading scorer from up front and out wide when we sold him a year ago, sat at the top of the table. A very realistic candidate given probable resource, but also another chance for you to turn it into a way to dig at our own fans. Very obvious and very boring now.

You can, or course, offer realistic alternatives?

UTB

I know where people are coming from thinking back and remembering the good games he had, but I'm afraid I would also be a little disappointed were he to be re-signed. The problem for me was that he was always a square peg in a round hole wherever he played. Up front as part of a two, he neither read flick-ons/through-balls well, nor stretched defences, nor had the awareness in the box to poach goals. When he was moved to the wing he frankly contributed much more in spite of him not being an ideal winger, but we were having to shift him to accommodate him rather than him playing particularly well.

I'd much rather we got a proper striker or a proper winger in, rather than someone that could 'do a job' in either position. Getting a strong striker to improve on Porter would be my preference.

I know where people are coming from thinking back and remembering the good games he had, but I'm afraid I would also be a little disappointed were he to be re-signed. The problem for me was that he was always a square peg in a round hole wherever he played. Up front as part of a two, he neither read flick-ons/through-balls well, nor stretched defences, nor had the awareness in the box to poach goals. When he was moved to the wing he frankly contributed much more in spite of him not being an ideal winger, but we were having to shift him to accommodate him rather than him playing particularly well.

I'd much rather we got a proper striker or a proper winger in, rather than someone that could 'do a job' in either position. Getting a strong striker to improve on Porter would be my preference.

There's some truth in the way you describe it, but our change in form after he left was significant. And he scored goals.

There's better strikers out there, but at the right price and available (assuming Blackman is)?

UTB

I'd like to see Blackman back, I thought he was a decent player but for what ever reason we started playing him on the wing. He might not be the big name goalscorer people want but I think he would add some quality to the team.

Brown to rejoin in January transfer window - FACT.
Remember that old chestnut? :)

I'm sure Nige has got his targets, and although Blackman's not getting a game at the moment, I'm sure that there's a few other irons in the fire.

If we wanted to look close to home, it might be worth sending someone to take a look at Leon Mettam at Worksop Town. 26 years old, 56 goals in 70 appearances, top scorer in the Evo-Stik Northern Prem. this season...could he be this years Dwight Gayle or Jamie Vardy?

Last edited:
Yep, 14 goals in half a season when not played week in week out as a striker, top of the league until we sold him and completely capitulated - failing to hit a bulls ass with a banjo from then on. Wank.

:)

UTB

I'd rather us sign Robson & Forte TBH ;)

If we wanted to look close to home, it might be worth sending someone to take a look at Leon Mettam at Worksop Town. 26 years old, 56 goals in 70 appearances, top scorer in the Evo-Stik Northern Prem. this season...could he be this years Dwight Gayle or Jamie Vardy?

Is this the guy that someone mentioned on Praise or Grumble last night? the guy who is now injured and was released by Gainsborough? we need to be aiming a lot higher than Worksop town players IMO.

And this was the birth of the rumour.

Or Jimmy Muir....

Back
Top Bottom