All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

a.chapman89

Reaction score
We need to build a rep as the biggest and best fans in league one and eventually England by making a new ultra group

I love the royal 'We'. Why not 'I'm going to build...'? Much more proactive and should fill his time up for months ahead and then he can 'Ultramately' take all the credit as he ponders the errors of his ways in Doncertraz. What is an 'Ultra' group anyway, sounds right wing thuggish to me?

Not shouting the idea down, more just saying that the whole idea of it is just cringy.

Probably mostly due to the name. Ultras... Ugh...

Ultra culture varies, in my experience, from organised crime groups to exceptionally passionate fans. Most of whom engage with the Board and club in some way, even to the extent of the club paying for travel and tickets for Ultra leaders.

I wonder if our Board would engage?

Actually, I think that they would probably engage and develop a really great Ultra leader who inspired the majority of fans, someone who could help the team with some inspiration and who really wanted to develop himself around the club and its believed aspirations.

And then they would probably sell him.....

Problem being (although I don't see it as a problem at all) is that people in this country don't tend to want to be told how to support their team by some club sponsored soft twat with a megaphone/flag. Not our culture, along with mass wearing of brown/black shirts and invading Poland/Albania.

Crystal Palace did it with the Holmesdale Fanatics group and the atmosphere seems pretty bloody impressive these days, whereas before it was like a mortuary. So let's not write off the idea completely.

Their support is extremely loud these days. The guys you mention are the ones next to the corner flag aren't they. You always see them on MOTD.

18014.jpg
20880.jpg

Internet access should be banned during School play time.
Amen to that bro. I'm more than happy to sit in silence at games - bar the odd bout of booing the players of course. Ultra - schmultras. Why the fuck would we want to generate an atmosphere at the Lane after all this time? Atmospheres are just for foreign grounds and big clubs like Crystal Palace. It's just not the Blades Way.

Crystal Palace did it with the Holmesdale Fanatics group and the atmosphere seems pretty bloody impressive these days, whereas before it was like a mortuary. So let's not write off the idea completely.

Good call - wonder if these fanatics are due to the fact they are in the prem though?

We were noisy in the prem and as Rodley put about H block - that was noisy too - still is when there is a decent opposition.

Toy town was a real scream 18 months ago...."we're playing our kids, we're playing our kids, you must be so shit, we're playing our kids"

Still makes me chuckle to this day.

UTB

Amen to that bro. I'm more than happy to sit in silence at games - bar the odd bout of booing the players of course. Ultra - schmultras. Why the fuck would we want to generate an atmosphere at the Lane after all this time? Atmospheres are just for foreign grounds and big clubs like Crystal Palace. It's just not the Blades Way.

Yeah let's have an Italian Ultra style atmosphere, that's worked so well over there, unless of course you aren't able to prove your ancestors served under Julius Ceaser in his Gaul campaigns then it's not quite as entertaining. As for the plastic co-ordinated Palace "singing area" just making a racket in no accordance to the action on the pitch... Just cringe time.. hey let's go the whole hog (pun intended) and have a Kop band.

Get the product right on the pitch and the atmosphere follows.. We didn't need a plastic Ultra section when we played Charton.

When the occasion demands, I suggest the atmosphere comes with it, as we have seen in great cup occasions in the last two seasons.

Regular Div3 matches just ain't going to cut it, atmosphere wise, until Leeds or the pigs return down here.
When we start to climb the leagues again it will notch up accordingly.

United did actually get on board with this 5 years ago. There was a group on the Kop called the 'A Block'. Unfortunately it lasted about 3 games because the A Block consisted of adolescent dickheads who after months of pestering S.U.F.C to allocate all their tickets together, hardly bothered to sing much except to slag off the kop for not singing as much (work that one out).
They were also more interested in looking at their phones every 5 seconds and slapping each others arses.

So if anybody is genuinely serious about forming such a section and wants to do it properly, I support it 100%. But I hope it doesn't end up like last time.

United did actually get on board with this 5 years ago. There was a group on the Kop called the 'A Block'. Unfortunately it lasted about 3 games because the A Block consisted of adolescent dickheads who after months of pestering S.U.F.C to allocate all their tickets together, hardly bothered to sing much except to slag off the kop for not singing as much (work that one out).
They were also more interested in looking at their phones every 5 seconds and slapping each others arses.

So if anybody is genuinely serious about forming such a section and wants to do it properly, I support it 100%. But I hope it doesn't end up like last time.

Yeah let's have an Italian Ultra style atmosphere, that's worked so well over there, unless of course you aren't able to prove your ancestors served under Julius Ceaser in his Gaul campaigns then it's not quite as entertaining. As for the plastic co-ordinated Palace "singing area" just making a racket in no accordance to the action on the pitch... Just cringe time.. hey let's go the whole hog (pun intended) and have a Kop band.

Get the product right on the pitch and the atmosphere follows.. We didn't need a plastic Ultra section when we played Charton.
Righty - Ho then.

We need to build a rep as the biggest and best fans in league one and eventually England by making a new ultra group
OK then just as long as they don't generate some sort of atmosphere. It might distract all our "fans" trying to read their library books or even worse from slagging off their favourite scapegoats :eek:

There was a massive group of kids that match your description at the top of G block, tell me you've got the block wrong and there isn't two sets of these douchebags!?

Back
Top Bottom