Player Suggestion Nemanja Jovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yogi

Reaction score
21 plays wide left but is right footed and is a full Serbian international but is currently a free agent. Would fit the remit of having lots of room to develop with good resale value.

21 plays wide left but is right footed and is a full Serbian international but is currently a free agent. Would fit the remit of having lots of room to develop with good resale value.

Why's he a free agent any idea?

Only hurdle is our bosnian lad, do any clubs have serbs and bosnians playing together?

Only hurdle is our bosnian lad, do any clubs have serbs and bosnians playing together?
This lad is Bosnian born but has chosen to represent Serbia don’t know if that make any difference

This lad is Bosnian born but has chosen to represent Serbia don’t know if that make any difference
I think Bosnians and Serbs are ok and it might be the Croatians where there’s issues?? I can’t remember the fall out from the war. There was obviously conflict though so yes it could be a big problem

I think Bosnians and Serbs are ok and it might be the Croatians where there’s issues?? I can’t remember the fall out from the war. There was obviously conflict though so yes it could be a big problem

The Serbs committed genocide on the Muslim population of Bosnia.

They tried to take control of what was Yugoslavia (now Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, North Macedonia, Serbia & Kosovo.

I think there's a lot of rivalries amongst them but generally they all don't like Serbia as they were seen as the initial aggressors.

Lots of them have affiliations with the NATO states that came to defend them (Kosovo and the UK is one example).

I'd hope that things have moved on such that a young Bosnian wouldn't mind being in a squad with a young Serbian, but that war wasn't long ago and tensions are still bubbling in a lot of areas.

Worth noting that Anel, like a lot of Bosnians (Zlatan too), grew up in Malmö in Sweden.
A bit of a ghetto area where a lot of migrants from the war moved to.

The Serbs committed genocide on the Muslim population of Bosnia.

They tried to take control of what was Yugoslavia (now Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, North Macedonia, Serbia & Kosovo.

I think there's a lot of rivalries amongst them but generally they all don't like Serbia as they were seen as the initial aggressors.

Lots of them have affiliations with the NATO states that came to defend them (Kosovo and the UK is one example).

I'd hope that things have moved on such that a young Bosnian wouldn't mind being in a squad with a young Serbian, but that war wasn't long ago and tensions are still bubbling in a lot of areas.

Worth noting that Anel, like a lot of Bosnians (Zlatan too), grew up in Malmö in Sweden.
A bit of a ghetto area where a lot of migrants from the war moved to.
Cheers captain,
Was it the Croatians that suffered the most? Without researching that was my recollection of the conflict, that’s what I meant. As in there’s no way a Croatian would ever play with a Serbian.
Or like you said, is it more a case that none of the former Yugoslavian states could work alongside a Serbian?

Cheers captain,
Was it the Croatians that suffered the most? Without researching that was my recollection of the conflict, that’s what I meant. As in there’s no way a Croatian would ever play with a Serbian.
Or like you said, is it more a case that none of the former Yugoslavian states could work alongside a Serbian?

They all suffered but the fighting was probably the most intense in Bosnia.

I think any free agents of this mould would be a great shout. I have no idea about budget left etc. but an invitation to train with us with a view to a deal for a year and an optional extension could be a smart move.

I saw a few other players in a similar mould that are free agents that could be handy, no idea how good they are these days or their history apart from a coulpe. But thinking of that AM / CF role for the squad or development.
  • El ghazi
  • Oussama idrissi
  • Santi mani
  • Anchraf bencharki
  • Mounir chouiar
  • Roberto soriano
  • Tanguy coulibaly
Maybe i’ve had too many beers and getting carried away but feel we still can strengthen where we lost Ndiaye.

I know it's pretty decisive but has Jesse lingard signed for west ham ?? He could do a job in a side like ours , I think he'd relish the challenge
I think the lad has lost his way

I know it's pretty decisive but has Jesse lingard signed for west ham ?? He could do a job in a side like ours , I think he'd relish the challenge
I think the lad has lost his way
Shoot me down if i am wrong but j think lingard was on a huge salary still at NF.

I just did a quick google and the first result said £200,000 per week. Out of our reach and i think we could probably find better for way cheaper.

Edit: just seen a SSN article which quoted £115,000. Forrest must have broken all kinds of FFP.

Shoot me down if i am wrong but j think lingard was on a huge salary still at NF.

I just did a quick google and the first result said £200,000 per week. Out of our reach and i think we could probably find better for way cheaper.
His last couple of seasons should make him realise if he wants to play regularly then he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror

His last couple of seasons should make him realise if he wants to play regularly then he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror
Comes across as materialistic, in love with the money not the game.

Edit: just seen a SSN article which quoted £115,000. Forrest must have broken all kinds of FFP.
He may be deluded to think he can still demand that but he is currently on course to earn a grand total of £0 this year

I think any free agents of this mould would be a great shout. I have no idea about budget left etc. but an invitation to train with us with a view to a deal for a year and an optional extension could be a smart move.

I saw a few other players in a similar mould that are free agents that could be handy, no idea how good they are these days or their history apart from a coulpe. But thinking of that AM / CF role for the squad or development.
  • El ghazi
  • Oussama idrissi
  • Santi mani
  • Anchraf bencharki
  • Mounir chouiar
  • Roberto soriano
  • Tanguy coulibaly
Maybe i’ve had too many beers and getting carried away but feel we still can strengthen where we lost Ndiaye.
Some interesting shouts there. Don't know all their current circumstances but there's some good talent there. One like Soriano would stand out quality wise in our team. Chouiar is one we were linked with 3 or 4 years ago

These made me think of another one in the wilderness, who should have been better than the lot - Mo Ihattaren. Now if we want another Ravel Morrison type 'challenge', this is the one!

Some interesting shouts there. Don't know all their current circumstances but there's some good talent there. One like Soriano would stand out quality wise in our team. Chouiar is one we were linked with 3 or 4 years ago

These made me think of another one in the wilderness, who should have been better than the lot - Mo Ihattaren. Now if we want another Ravel Morrison type 'challenge', this is the one!
I think most of them are an absolute lottery from my POV but could be a gamble worth trying for the right salary.

Mo ihattern is a good shout also for a project. 21, so still very young and has a bit of that Ndiaye spice that we are now missing. Been at some huge clubs also. Could be a ravel but could be something special.

Edit: just seen all the issues hes had with the police! Looks like far too much trouble. Lots of talent but looks like a cunt 😂

Last edited:
I think most of them are an absolute lottery from my POV but could be a gamble worth trying for the right salary.

Mo ihattern is a good shout also for a project. 21, so still very young and has a bit of that Ndiaye spice that we are now missing. Been at some huge clubs also. Could be a ravel but could be something special.

Edit: just seen all the issues hes had with the police! Looks like far too much trouble. Lots of talent but looks like a cunt 😂
He makes Ravel look like Ben Osborn

• El ghazi
  • Oussama idrissi
  • Santi mani
  • Anchraf bencharki
  • Mounir chouiar
  • Roberto soriano
  • Tanguy coulibaly
Is that meant to be Santi Mina?

Sounds like he's off to prison isn't he?

Out of them I'd like to see us go for Mounir Chouiar. Some decent suggestions.

• El ghazi
  • Oussama idrissi
  • Santi mani
  • Anchraf bencharki
  • Mounir chouiar
  • Roberto soriano
  • Tanguy coulibaly
Sign all the cunts

Is that meant to be Santi Mina?

Sounds like he's off to prison isn't he?

Out of them I'd like to see us go for Mounir Chouiar. Some decent suggestions.
Ahhh, might rule him out then 😂

Yeh a couple of them look pretty tricky, chouiar caught my eye as well.

I get that mate but lingard is now the wrong side of 30 with a reputation that's getting a little like Delle Ali (a wasted talent)

That's a bit of a weird comparison, and I'm not sure describing Dele like that is particularly great given the context

Back
Top Bottom