Player Suggestion Bruno Amione

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nicolaus_Copernicus

Self imposed break
Reaction score
Bruno Amione, 21 yr old left footed CB currently on loan at Sampdoria from Hellas Verona in Serie A. Sampdoria are getting relegated, and chances are that his parent club is as well. He has played LCB all season in a back 3. He can also play RCB & LWB. He is a progressive passer & mover. Which is a skill set that we need at LCB/CCB/RCB/LWB/RWB.

Using-data-to-identify-interesting-young-players-in-Serie-A-data-analysis-1068x540.png

You'll also note Aiwu & Doig, both of whom I believe could do a job for us in the PL.

Bruno Amione, 21 yr old left footed CB currently on loan at Sampdoria from Hellas Verona in Serie A. Sampdoria are getting relegated, and chances are that his parent club is as well. He has played LCB all season in a back 3. He can also play RCB & LWB. He is a progressive passer & mover. Which is a skill set that we need at LCB/CCB/RCB/LWB/RWB.

Using-data-to-identify-interesting-young-players-in-Serie-A-data-analysis-1068x540.png

You'll also note Aiwu & Doig, both of whom I believe could do a job for us in the PL.

Should be looking at that E. Ampadu....

Should be looking at that E. Ampadu....

Nearly 50 international caps, World Cup appearance, 50 Serie A appearances, 25 PL appearances & can play in a number of positions.

22 yrs old & probably available for a sum less than Doyle. If you were looking & buying purely on numbers... 🤷‍♂️

I also like Dimitrios Nikolaou, a 24 yr old Greek LCB at Spezia.

I found us some LCBs as well...

Jhon Lucumi - played with Berge at Genk so we may have considered him previously. Now at Bologna, 24 year old

Felix Uduokhai - Augsburg CB, former Germany U21, big rangy dirty bastard. Couple of injury hit seasons by the looks but was impressing before. Year left on his contract if transfermarkt is reliable?!

Omar Alderete - 26 year old Paraguayan on loan at Getafe from Hertha. Both might be getting relegated. Not watched him much, maybe someone else has? Basic profile is about right

John Brooks - mentioned on other thread too..... he was doing very well for Wolfsburg before joining Benfica. Went to Hoffenheim for 500k in Jan. USA International, 6 foot 4, good on the ball, probably in his prime at 30

I'd also have Ampadu back btw, without a doubt

Jhon Lucumi - played with Berge at Genk so we may have considered him previously. Now at Bologna, 24 year old

Felix Uduokhai - Augsburg CB, former Germany U21, big rangy dirty bastard. Couple of injury hit seasons by the looks but was impressing before. Year left on his contract if transfermarkt is reliable?!

Omar Alderete - 26 year old Paraguayan on loan at Getafe from Hertha. Both might be getting relegated. Not watched him much, maybe someone else has? Basic profile is about right

John Brooks - mentioned on other thread too..... he was doing very well for Wolfsburg before joining Benfica. Went to Hoffenheim for 500k in Jan. USA International, 6 foot 4, good on the ball, probably in his prime at 30

Lucumi? You'll need to get up earlier to beat me, my love. ;)

Medina was the shout there

Luis Abram didn't kick on. He went from Velez to Granada and didn't do well. He's in the MLS now with Atlanta. He's got 33 caps for Peru though.
Lucumi, you know about.
Medina, you know about & will probably leave Lens in the summer for the next tier up.
Hector David Martinez is currently at River Plate and has been capped 9 times by Paraguay.

I could see Medina's team mate Kevin Danso's potential ages ago, if that restores me any credit....

That CM of theirs Fofana would be another fantasy signing

I think those players were my suggestion who we could replace the injured JOC with. Medina went to Lens for £3.5m. 🙇‍♂️

I think those players were my suggestion who we could replace the injured JOC with. Medina went to Lens for £3.5m. 🙇‍♂️
Yeah, 10/10 shout that

In reality I knew Robinson would end up being the replacement.... classic do well blades player

Add Finn Van Breeman as young LCB with good potential as well

TBH, Ampadu wasn't the main problem. The entire squad that year were collectively shite. I reckon Ampadu would do well under Hecky
This is true. Was a tough season to judge him, we were mystifyingly awful. He had some decent games.

Marc-Oliver Kempf, LCB for Hertha who laughably are going down

Could bring him in with Uremovic

Marc-Oliver Kempf, LCB for Hertha who laughably are going down

Could bring him in with Uremovic

28 currently, would be pushing 30 by time we go back down and start new championship season.

Would he have much resell value?

Maybe not, but prime age for CB, and we can't be too picky in that position. Think he's been captain too

This is true. Was a tough season to judge him, we were mystifyingly awful. He had some decent games.

He mostly had absolutely fucking stinking games though. He's potentially going to be relegated for the 3rd season in a row.

There's a reason he's ending up at these level of clubs still. It's because he's very, very average.

If you look at that Hertha side, there’s about 7 who I’d happily take. They’ve got 2 cracking LWB’s, a decent RWB, Gk. Uremovic, Serder & Dardai
Zalazar looks a bit of a player too on his YouTube highlights (that’s not saying much as we all know tho)

What has changed perception on him?

He's not tall or imposing and his positional play was poor when he was with us.

Since then he's taken Venezia down and is not far off achieving the same with Spezia.

On the flip side it's easy to forget he's only 22 and has played in the top flight on 3 countries already.

Since then he's taken Venezia down and is not far off achieving the same with Spezia.

On the flip side it's easy to forget he's only 22 and has played in the top flight on 3 countries already.

Stats. He’s topping stats tables (in a good way) for both this season & last. As you also mentioned, if you look at his age, versatility, experience & possible transfer fee, he’s a rarity.

Is he still a walking booking?

Literally every time I seem to flick onto a game he's playing in he seems to be getting a yellow or red card lol.

He's riding the crest of his dad's success.

Not saying he's good enough, but I did stick up for him a bit at the time, thought he had potential. He was a kid in a terrible team.

Wouldn't exactly feel confident if we got him back! And doubt we will.

Terraciano and Coppola both worth a look at from that Hellas side as well

Back
Top Bottom