Most powerful Blades Player Shot

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw Woody and I'd agree with that.

Possibly,
Currie
Rioch
Cockeril
Dellas
Beattie

Seem to remember Santos hitting bar with a thundercunt from about thirty yards but that may have been a dream.

Dellas as shown with his goal v Pompey at home to give us a late winner. The other one who could really crack em was Woody and he die it more often than Dellas, but i still don't think anyone hit it harder than Dellas did they day which nearly broke the net.

Notable mentions to Mike Zico Lake and Michael Brown who could also hit a decent long shot.

There has been a view. The two I would say are

Woody and Ronnie Simpson
Ronnie Simpson is a good shout bearing in mind that the footballs could be cannon balls in those days. I would still go for Woodward though, who I thought had an even harder shot than even Peter Lorimer, who most reckoned had the most powerful shot.

Agree Woodward had superb timing on his shot, often seemed to hit it so sweetly.
Even Woodwards corners were like shots ha ha.

Another player from a few years later.
I remember when we signed him the media said he was famed for having a really hard shot.

Anyone remember John Mathews, think we bought him from Arsenal.
Famed as being our regular penalty taker but refused to take the injury time penalty at home to Walsall which would keep us up.

Agree Ched could certainly blast them.

Remember in his final season when he was on fire scoring loads for us.
...was it my imagination but did he also hit the woodwork loads of times too that season.
To be honest that 2012 side with Danny Wilson as manager played some really entertaining attacking football.
Pretty amazing that it never achieved the auto promotion they deserved.

Agree Woodward had superb timing on his shot, often seemed to hit it so sweetly.
Even Woodwards corners were like shots ha ha.

Another player from a few years later.
I remember when we signed him the media said he was famed for having a really hard shot.

Anyone remember John Mathews, think we bought him from Arsenal.
Famed as being our regular penalty taker but refused to take the injury time penalty at home to Walsall which would keep us up.
He was a coward!

Woody without a shadow of a doubt.

Thought Dellas would get a few mentions, I’d have mentioned him also from memory but then I saw the goal again a couple of years back and it wasn’t as far out as I remembered and was the thunderbolt I remembered, it was extremely well hit though and a very good goal.

Anyone remember the John Ryan one that was very similar to Dellas one? I’m sure if I saw that one also I’d think my mind had been playing tricks on me.

Roger Nilsen, now he could hit a ball with real power and really sweetly, some real thunderbolts at goal unfortunately they were always just off target

Hi Stegosaurus here

Didn't Dellas nearly knock a goalie over with a shot before?

Woody without a shadow of a doubt.

Thought Dellas would get a few mentions, I’d have mentioned him also from memory but then I saw the goal again a couple of years back and it wasn’t as far out as I remembered and was the thunderbolt I remembered, it was extremely well hit though and a very good goal.

Anyone remember the John Ryan one that was very similar to Dellas one? I’m sure if I saw that one also I’d think my mind had been playing tricks on me.

The John Ryan one was probably the one against the Millers in Sept 1980 when we lost at home 2-1 (Rhodes and Finney scored for them) which was incidentally the last time until last season that those Merry Millers had won at the Lane. Ryan did crack it well in front of the kop that day, but we were 2 down at the time. Unless you have another goal of his that you are thinking about?

The John Ryan one was probably the one against the Millers in Sept 1980 when we lost at home 2-1 (Rhodes and Finney scored for them) which was incidentally the last time until last season that those Merry Millers had won at the Lane. Ryan did crack it well in front of the kop that day, but we were 2 down at the time. Unless you have another goal of his that you are thinking about?
Can’t remember who against but as it’s the only goal I remember him scoring? I’d say you’re right… hit a screamer from about 25 years? Sound about right or my memory going?

Ronnie Simpson is a good shout bearing in mind that the footballs could be cannon balls in those days. I would still go for Woodward though, who I thought had an even harder shot than even Peter Lorimer, who most reckoned had the most powerful shot.
Your right ball got heavier in the rain Ronnie could still crack it when very heavy

Back
Top Bottom