Outgoing? McGoldrick joining CW @ WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is a new dawn. New manager, new ideas, new approach.

I get it - we all love McG, he's been phenomenal - but if SJ wants to let him go then thats what we have to do.

Out of the strikers we have and the 3-4-3 formation we seem likely to adopt, he is the one that doesnt fit at all.

There is no point in lauding SJs appointment if we don't let him do his job.

I agree.......but Uncle Didzy is a Grade A baller, and I get the impression he's incredibly well respected behind the scenes by his peers.

If they want to give us £5-10 million, then fine.

One of my favourite players to watch in recent year, oozes class on and off the pitch, and if true will be truly sad to see him go (if true!)

Guess, as a few have pointed out , he's a very specific type of player and not sure where he'd fit in a 3-4-3 formation. You can't build your entire system around your 33 year old forward!

Never been an out and out striker, doesn't have the pace or dynamism for a wide forward, nor the athleticism for a CM role. He'd could still be a big asset as a Plan B, but think he'd needs to be playing week in week out.

Squads / players go through cycles or phases and if its Didzys time then so be it. Its been said before, there no room for sentiment in football. As with a number of players in recent years he can go out with his head held high

All that being said, is he suited to the hoof ball of Valerian....

Unless it’s stupid money (£10 mill+) then tell ‘em to get fucked. Didz is our best forward, we don’t need to sell & we especially don’t need to sell to a promotion rival. If we’re going to sell to them, then make sure they’re properly paying for his services.

No no no no no no NO! Please not Didzy. Watching this guy do his thing in the red n white stripes is pure joy. My favourite Blade.

Sell McG to WBA for say, 2 or 3 million.

He's the missing piece in their jigsaw.

They go up, we don't.

Sounds like a plan.

If we decide to sell Mcgoldrick as it looks like is likely according to Twitter along with Berge & Ramsdale then I can see Slav walking before a ball is even kicked

Pretty poor from the Prince best squad in the league decimated cause he hasn’t sold much toilet roll this past year no wonder wilder left

If we decide to sell Mcgoldrick as it looks like is likely according to Twitter along with Berge & Ramsdale then I can see Slav walking before a ball is even kicked

Pretty poor from the Prince best squad in the league decimated cause he hasn’t sold much toilet roll this past year no wonder wilder left
I think you will find he has sold plenty of toilet roll, mainly due to the pandemic and panic buying, total over reaction, the guy is 33, has had a good, injury free run, everyone has a price, and if tgat price is met for Ramsdale, Berge, Dids, then thats it, thanks for the memories, good luck, and we move on.

This is a new dawn. New manager, new ideas, new approach.

I get it - we all love McG, he's been phenomenal - but if SJ wants to let him go then thats what we have to do.

Out of the strikers we have and the 3-4-3 formation we seem likely to adopt, he is the one that doesnt fit at all.

There is no point in lauding SJs appointment if we don't let him do his job.
agree with you there think slavs idea is a target man and 2 wide pacey strikers in a front 3 goldie is more of a number 10 and doubt we will be playing that system

Yawn, 2/10 on the troll-ometer. Try harder next time.

It was always likely we would have to sell some players to fill a financial hole. Berge was always going to be one (if we are able to shift him) and then one more from Ramsdale, Baldock, Egan, O'Connell (had he been fit) & possibly even McBurnie.
The Ramsdale money should cover most of what we need. Hopefully no more silly sales. McGoldrick would be a crazy sale. He's probably our best player. Makes us tick.

Today I'm going to create a twitter account and make something up. I'll see who believes it.

If you can rack up a lot of followers like they have (62k) then probably a lot will believe it. If you don't then a few will still believe it - and start threads on forums 🤣

I was over the moon getting Slav and I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets us playing.

I'd be a liar though if I said I wasn't a little bit wary at present over the rumour mill.

Plenty of noise about the possibility of our better players leaving and not much about notable incomings in vital areas.

Also West Brom looking to be stronger than some predicted and Bournemouth building nicely imho.

Don't see how Didzy would suit total hoofball under Albion's new manager? He's a proper footballer!

As a bit of a shame it would be I can understand if he needs to leave if he doesn't fit into our own new manager's system but to a promotion rival to boot?

Will he be the first manager ever to have resigned because of Twitter rumours?

Don't see how Didzy would suit total hoofball under Albion's new manager? He's a proper footballer!

As a bit of a shame it would be I can understand if he needs to leave if he doesn't fit into our own new manager's system but to a promotion rival to boot?
The only way I would consider letting McGoldrick leave is in a swap to get Callum Robinson back and play him wide in a front three, where he is an excellent championship player. Don't worry about him not being good enough for the Premier let's back there first.

Which of course bags the question that has been done to death on here…
Why on earth did Robinson leave…
and …… erm….. we got Ollie….

Back
Top Bottom