Outgoing? McGoldrick joining CW @ WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score
Chris Wilder could try to sign Sheffield United striker David McGoldrick if he’s appointed in charge of West Brom, according to West Brom News.

As usual only a small handful of people know the truth and what's going on, and it could just be more 'paper' talk but in the last few days they have reported Hodgson is on the shortlist as is the Barnsley manager, not certain CW will end up at WBA, could be stalling, waiting for Dyche to leave Burnley, then again that would just lead to, CW's Burnley want Mcgoldrick!

Feel like it would take a really attractive proposition to pull didzy away from the lane given the way he speaks about the place.
Didn't the daily commute from his home to Ipswich also play a part in his injuries and recovery time,, suspect at his age he will be focused on playing as much as he can, but yes more cash is always hard to turn down, everyone has a price

He would be an upgrade on Hal Robson-Kanu who has departed WBA,so there is a vacancy for an old timer,who has still got "it".

Didn't the daily commute from his home to Ipswich also play a part in his injuries and recovery time,, suspect at his age he will be focused on playing as much as he can, but yes more cash is always hard to turn down, everyone has a price
Yeah feel like it would have to be the opportunity to do something he couldn’t do here be that earn a lot more money or continue playing in the prem.

Yeah feel like it would have to be the opportunity to do something he couldn’t do here be that earn a lot more money or continue playing in the prem.
I agree, the PL would be a big draw, hard for him to turn down, or a 'guaranteed' if there is such a thing in football,, a gradual move into coaching, if as you say its something he wants to do in tge long term

Wilder not going to WBA, from the horses mouth
Budget issues by any chance?

*not a pop at Wilder, just think WBA are tightening their belts given the spend this year on Big Sam and the January gamble.
He’s not going to get a club who are spending like we were. Sunderland won’t spend but are genuinely huge if he gets them here.

It's well know what are trying to sell so the budget won't be great

The budget for next season will certainly be in the top 3 in the Champ (and probably top 2).

As every single club that has been relegated from the Prem has done, sales are required to cover the huge drop in revenue. Considering how much Utd spent on fees over the last 2 seasons, the sales will be relatively low. Of course, some may also be moved on to free-up additional budget for new, preferred players.

The budget for next season will certainly be in the top 3 in the Champ (and probably top 2).

As every single club that has been relegated from the Prem has done, sales are required to cover the huge drop in revenue. Considering how much Utd spent on fees over the last 2 seasons, the sales will be relatively low. Of course, some may also be moved on to free-up additional budget for new, preferred players.
berge and egan will go imo and that should generate 50m and that may well be enough plus as you say probably 4 or 5 will be released so i expect slav to bring 7 in and think the majority of those could be loans with a view to buy

berge and egan will go imo and that should generate 50m and that may well be enough plus as you say probably 4 or 5 will be released so i expect slav to bring 7 in and think the majority of those could be loans with a view to buy
Who do you think will be in for Egan?

A new manager could try and sign a cheap ex-player he worked with previously.
Brilliant journalism.

What is it even based on? Did Wilder tell a journalist "I haven't taken the job yet, but if I did, this is who I might sign"?

They can't even pretend that it's anything more than idle speculation at this stage.

What is it even based on? Did Wilder tell a journalist "I haven't taken the job yet, but if I did, this is who I might sign"?

They can't even pretend that it's anything more than idle speculation at this stage.
It’s literally a forum post. I reckon this could happen.

WBA fans still very much against appointing Wilder. Hardly surprising given the anti-football he had us playing last season.

Reactions: SLB
WBA fans still very much against appointing Wilder. Hardly surprising given the anti-football he had us playing last season.
I've no doubt he'll get a reasonable job after what he did here but I genuinely believe his carry on last season will have put question marks against him in the eyes of some boardrooms

For me Sunderland are a perfect fit for Wilder. They have stagnated, but have new owner and released most of their squad. He can do a full rebuild and will get them promoted (plus beating pigs on the way), he can then carry on the momentum and do well in the championship. Big club, big task - perfect for both parties

For me Sunderland are a perfect fit for Wilder. They have stagnated, but have new owner and released most of their squad. He can do a full rebuild and will get them promoted (plus beating pigs on the way), he can then carry on the momentum and do well in the championship. Big club, big task - perfect for both parties

Really not sure about that. Would CW really consider a L1 job, especially one with very tight purse strings? I certainly wouldn't if I were him.

Yes, they have potential and infrastructure to be a big club again but they're currently miles away. I'm sure he'll receive better offers from clubs higher up the pyramid and with bigger budgets.

Back
Top Bottom