Outgoing? McGoldrick joining CW @ WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heard it was a gobstopper (remember them) and a photo of Bobby Charlton.

Can we all just remember that this is still very much an unsubstantiated rumour that's already been debunked by a West Midlands journalist, before we get our collective knickers in a twist

The only way I would consider letting McGoldrick leave is in a swap to get Callum Robinson back and play him wide in a front three, where he is an excellent championship player. Don't worry about him not being good enough for the Premier let's back there first.
thats a very good thought goldie doesnt suit a front 3 but robinson does 🤔

So thats nearly all our squad and our ex manager being linked to West brum.Any news on them making a SWOOP for our groundsman yet?

It was always likely we would have to sell some players to fill a financial hole. Berge was always going to be one (if we are able to shift him) and then one more from Ramsdale, Baldock, Egan, O'Connell (had he been fit) & possibly even McBurnie.
The Ramsdale money should cover most of what we need. Hopefully no more silly sales. McGoldrick would be a crazy sale. He's probably our best player. Makes us tick.
Don’t think for one minute that dids will go to wba … but how come wba don’t have a financial hole ?

I guess it depends on if McGoldrick fits into Slav's plans. I have to admit given how sometimes he can be a real baller and isn't shy of putting in the effort I'd think Slav will like him. He can also play up top or into midfield too so even if he's not starting you'd think he would be.

We do have alot of strikers though, but if we do end up playing 343 as many think we may or play McGoldrick in the no10 role then that leaves Sharp, McBurnie, Moussett, Jebbison, Brewster and Burke (Maybe) fighting for 2 or all 3 spots.
I'd say we have 1 or 2, too many. Would be OK to see Burke go, after Burke you'd think Moussett, but then you are losing your pacey strikers too. But these two are at the back of the queue for me.

We do have alot of strikers though, but if we do end up playing 343 as many think we may or play McGoldrick in the no10 role then that leaves Sharp, McBurnie, Moussett, Jebbison, Brewster and Burke (Maybe) fighting for 2 or all 3 spots.
I'd say we have 1 or 2, too many. Would be OK to see Burke go, after Burke you'd think Moussett, but then you are losing your pacey strikers too. But these two are at the back of the queue for me.

Sharp, McBurnie, Mousett, Jebbison, Brewster and Burke what a disappointing roll call that is FFS.

SJ must be salivating as he prepares to unleash any 3 from that roster on an unsuspecting Championship.

IMO Sharp is still the best striker of any of them, Mousett is just a waste of a kit, Jebbison is miles away from the first team in terms of development, Brewster has not been the same since his injury and his confidence is rock bottom, Burke is a very fast runner. McBurnie does not have the physique to be a centre forward and has been generally awful since he signed, but I am prepared to reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt, that he may perform in a different style of play?

But whatever way you look at it we are desperately, desperately short of goal scoring talent up front.

Sharp, McBurnie, Mousett, Jebbison, Brewster and Burke what a disappointing roll call that is FFS.

SJ must be salivating as he prepares to unleash any 3 from that roster on an unsuspecting Championship.

IMO Sharp is still the best striker of any of them, Mousett is just a waste of a kit, Jebbison is miles away from the first team in terms of development, Brewster has not been the same since his injury and his confidence is rock bottom, Burke is a very fast runner. McBurnie does not have the physique to be a centre forward and has been generally awful since he signed, but I am prepared to reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt, that he may perform in a different style of play?

But whatever way you look at it we are desperately, desperately short of goal scoring talent up front.

McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp, McGoldrick is the best group of strikers in the Championship.

I guess it depends on if McGoldrick fits into Slav's plans. I have to admit given how sometimes he can be a real baller and isn't shy of putting in the effort I'd think Slav will like him. He can also play up top or into midfield too so even if he's not starting you'd think he would be.

Definitely think a spot will be available for Goldy. Wouldn't mind seeing him dropped back in a cam role to link up play. I wouldn't be too upset if Burke left, regarding moose I think I'd give him two games, see if his heads in it if not I'd ship him out and take the loss. Seen jebbos apparently going on loan to Sunderland, though I'd much prefer him going to one of the United world clubs such as beerschot. Make use of the links, Sunderland seem a proper basket case.

Don’t think for one minute that dids will go to wba … but how come wba don’t have a financial hole ?
They've signed Mowatt on a free and loaned Clarke from Brighton. They're probably going to lose Pereira and Johnstone before the end of the transfer window. Hardly setting the world alight.

The link to McGoldrick makes sense, they probably think we'd sell for £2-3m and that they could use him to replace Pereira.

Offers start at £25 million or they can do one. Or £20 million if they agree to take Ollie Burke as part of the deal.

Yes he’s getting on, but you can’t loose pace you never had

He is the only one who constantly looked on form last season

Over a long 46 + cup games season he will get games

He seems settled, loved and enjoys his football here

Unless SJ tells him to go I can see the benefit unless it’s stupid offer of £10m plus, which I can’t see them paying

£2-3m is nothing in comparison to the revenue he would create by helping us back up

Don’t see a benefit anywhere

I still think we would be ok without Didzy with the strikers we have as long as we get a midfielder with a high chance creation percentage.

In saying that Didzy is the most natural forward we have with the ball at his feet by quite some distance

For this division strikers of quality we shouldn't be short of. Service to them is the key.

Given that sharp and McGoldrick scored enough 3 seasons ago and both actually look fairly sharp anyway. Mcburnie had scored many at this level and Brewster on a full season at Swansea could have got 20+ I'm not worried it's the creating we need to nail.
Plus moussett could be excellent if he is fit too. He has skills but hasn't been fit really.

Just because he isn't Mitrovic doesn't mean Slav won't alter his system find a place for a quality player like Didz. We've got the tools, but to be successful both the gaffer and the players are going to have to adapt. I don't think we're going to be a one trick pony this season.

I still think we would be ok without Didzy with the strikers we have as long as we get a midfielder with a high chance creation percentage.

In saying that Didzy is the most natural forward we have with the ball at his feet by quite some distance
For me, I’d love it if Didzy got picked up by a lower Prem league team. But to see him lining up for WBA, would be too much to bear.

Back
Top Bottom